Mohgli

lawsuit against USCIS for delays

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Folks,

I'm exploring the options to force some adjudication from USCIS. Has anyone succesfully pursued the Lawsuit option? What are the chances and is a lawyer necessary?

Cheers

M

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you are still too early, I'm afraid.. even I am.. they say best to do lawsuit at 2 years time... minimum of 1 year.. so I'm going to wait for my minimum (April 2008) before I take legal action.. Since I got some new stuff about my app, I'll let my January 1, 2008 deadline go.. :thumbs: your I-130 / I-129F (they say) will still be under CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES.. they said that to me.. My priority date for I-129F is 6/11.. they say that is still within processing times.. =(

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

you are still too early, I'm afraid.. even I am.. they say best to do lawsuit at 2 years time... minimum of 1 year.. so I'm going to wait for my minimum (April 2008) before I take legal action.. Since I got some new stuff about my app, I'll let my January 1, 2008 deadline go.. :thumbs: your I-130 / I-129F (they say) will still be under CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES.. they said that to me.. My priority date for I-129F is 6/11.. they say that is still within processing times.. =(

If in fact you wanted to go this route and you are not really within a timeframe to consider this option as GOGO said, there are many avenues to pursue, do they pan out, who knows. But you would want to look at a Class Action and yes on lawyer. Would be tort. OR ACLU but again, this is just a guess, did some research earlier and dont see any class actions pending against USCIS except for another area not common to our problems here.

But again Moh - not the time right now. Please be careful in pursuing this option, I totally sense your frustration and the backlog but again, it takes months and months to go this route and as we all know, fighting the government this way can be lengthy and have some negative results..

Keep on doing your emails to congressman and representatives every day if you have to or even to the White House the more that show these complaints after the first of year the more our voices are heard. One voice, two voices, three voices and so forth,,,,,,

Dont take my post wrong as you know I am pro active as I can be, but this is one avenue I would try to avoid until timeframe and hope should be nothing happening. Looking at your NOA1's they are there, and yes the NOA2's are being slow to come for all on the I130 route for sure, but what would you base this suit on...besides what we all know to be factual, they are screwed up royally.

Cheers hun and hold on

and yes I know that feeling but trying to be good for another six months

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

If in fact you wanted to go this route and you are not really within a timeframe to consider this option as GOGO said, there are many avenues to pursue, do they pan out, who knows. But you would want to look at a Class Action and yes on lawyer. Would be tort. OR ACLU but again, this is just a guess, did some research earlier and dont see any class actions pending against USCIS except for another area not common to our problems here.

But again Moh - not the time right now. Please be careful in pursuing this option, I totally sense your frustration and the backlog but again, it takes months and months to go this route and as we all know, fighting the government this way can be lengthy and have some negative results..

Keep on doing your emails to congressman and representatives every day if you have to or even to the White House the more that show these complaints after the first of year the more our voices are heard. One voice, two voices, three voices and so forth,,,,,,

Dont take my post wrong as you know I am pro active as I can be, but this is one avenue I would try to avoid until timeframe and hope should be nothing happening. Looking at your NOA1's they are there, and yes the NOA2's are being slow to come for all on the I130 route for sure, but what would you base this suit on...besides what we all know to be factual, they are screwed up royally.

Cheers hun and hold on

Susie

yup big brother always seems to hold the upper hand. hopefully there would be some respite soon else who cares might venture to another country to live my life.

not gonna tie my life to this situation and then wonder at the end of it all whether was it worth it waiting this long when time is precious and life events are precious.

I personally wouldn't have even entered this stupid process and stayed back in India, if I were to know upfront of this 6 -12 month holdup. When I applied it would be an average worst case of 100 days to process I 130 and having stayed in northeast all my life was used to Vermont's dligent process v/s the 'piece of work' characters at California. the frustration is that it just reflects the future i.e. third world inefficiencies creeping slowly but surely into this great country.

well getting back to the point, was browsing the other immigration boards and came across the lawsuit option. I wanted to check my rights if I had any left here apart from paying Taxes.

thanks once again for adding your take and opinions but my personal feel is if you really have no other option but to stay on in US, then one should definitely explore remedial solution rather than relying on Fate.

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Cheers hun and hold on

Susie

yup big brother always seems to hold the upper hand. hopefully there would be some respite soon else who cares might venture to another country to live my life.

not gonna tie my life to this situation and then wonder at the end of it all whether was it worth it waiting this long when time is precious and life events are precious.

I personally wouldn't have even entered this stupid process and stayed back in India, if I were to know upfront of this 6 -12 month holdup. When I applied it would be an average worst case of 100 days to process I 130 and having stayed in northeast all my life was used to Vermont's dligent process v/s the 'piece of work' characters at California. the frustration is that it just reflects the future i.e. third world inefficiencies creeping slowly but surely into this great country.

well getting back to the point, was browsing the other immigration boards and came across the lawsuit option. I wanted to check my rights if I had any left here apart from paying Taxes.

thanks once again for adding your take and opinions but my personal feel is if you really have no other option but to stay on in US, then one should definitely explore remedial solution rather than relying on Fate.

:thumbs:

and to have jury duty dont forget that goodie have it next week hope i get a case about illegal immigration ohhhhh......

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Not trying to be unsympathetic to your situation, I'm just thinking what the fees would be raised to if someone did file a class action suit and won. The government sure wouldn't eat the loss.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
Not trying to be unsympathetic to your situation, I'm just thinking what the fees would be raised to if someone did file a class action suit and won. The government sure wouldn't eat the loss.

the maximum rewards have been the adjudication of the case and reimbursement to the lawyers, I don't think its considered similar to civil malpractice

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i think you are jumping ahead of the gun.

you got your noa1 only 4 months ago. most of the people who filed this year waited six months and some even longer. that has happened because of doubled number of petitions. in july, if you looked at the processing time lines at uscis's website, it did say 'six months' for I-129F. we all hoped it would be sooner, but heh, they are within the time frame.

patience, patience and patience.

since 1997 this has become a slow and painful process. i think suing will do nothing, but waste your time and money. and you can get blackballed and not be able to immigrate in usa as a result of the lawsuit against the government. remember, you are a petitioner and they can decide to deny the petition. then what...careful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The time it takes at the service center is the least of your worries! You've still got to go through the NVC AND the Consulate.

Have you looked into how long it's taking to get an interview these days!?!

Timeline
The time it takes at the service center is the least of your worries! You've still got to go through the NVC AND the Consulate.

Thanks folks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Well luckily Indian US consulates are not has bad in scheduling interviews(1.5 - 2 months) but then again who knows what happens tomorrow. THe NVC as far as i have seen usually forwards the application within a day of receipt or a week.

its K3 so the rest of the ####### is supposed to happen in the USA i.e. actual GC.

right now the issue is to get on with a family life rather than wait and contemplate USCIS workings and improvements.

once again to reteriate my point: if i had known or even had a clue about the delays trust me i would be on the DCF board right now.

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Timeline

Thanks folks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Well luckily Indian US consulates are not has bad in scheduling interviews(1.5 - 2 months) but then again who knows what happens tomorrow. THe NVC as far as i have seen usually forwards the application within a day of receipt or a week.

its K3 so the rest of the ####### is supposed to happen in the USA i.e. actual GC.

right now the issue is to get on with a family life rather than wait and contemplate USCIS workings and improvements.

once again to reteriate my point: if i had known or even had a clue about the delays trust me i would be on the DCF board right now.

well for one, i don't really feel one should feel as a second class citizen and take the bullet for the sake of living here

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Mohgli,

I don't understand what you meant in your last post.

My husband was born in the U.S. and served in the U.S. army for many many years.

He has no priority either and has to wait in line.

I don't think it's a matter of second class citizen here but just a matter of backlog.

I hope so anyways and I understand your frustrations, I have not seen my husband for 8 months and it's very hard.

Hang in there, like all of us.

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Timeline
Hi Mohgli,

I don't understand what you meant in your last post.

My husband was born in the U.S. and served in the U.S. army for many many years.

He has no priority either and has to wait in line.

I don't think it's a matter of second class citizen here but just a matter of backlog.

I hope so anyways and I understand your frustrations, I have not seen my husband for 8 months and it's very hard.

Hang in there, like all of us.

thanks

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

regardless of the backlog ... if you are a h-1 visa holder who married abroad you spouse for a H-4 visa status almost instantaneously ( 2 weeks) why can WE U.S CITIZENS bring our spouses that way (h-4) and do a AOS … it like a K3 …. But with K3 its still a 8 -12 month wait

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Folks,

I'm exploring the options to force some adjudication from USCIS. Has anyone succesfully pursued the Lawsuit option? What are the chances and is a lawyer necessary?

Cheers

M

Seriously,I have heard from attorneys believe it or not,that suing them is a waste of time and money.I understand your frustrations,but you are better off waiting.There is absolutely no way to make them move any faster.It does help,however to be persistant.Keep calling them and paying them visits like I do.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.