shikarnov

Engagement Rings

168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancée wants nothing to do with the locals. And hasn't for a looong time. Her last local boyfriend was a year before I first came across her. More than 6 years ago. And he was not even really a boyfriend to her. More a social partner.

Out of all the letters Alla received in the past she really only had one other guy that seemed serious for her. He never showed up though after he said he was coming to Kazan' and she never heard from him since.
It's funny how both of you have mentioned other "men" your ladies were considering and both were long distant foreign relationships. I wouldn't worry about that, probably the biggest threat in alienating the affections of your fiancée has to be the local Russian guy! He is there now and in person. What better way to steal a woman's heart then to do it in person rather then sending an email! Then again a lot of the Russian guys are avoiding women with prior marriages, kids, and baggage of that sort, so its hard to say.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
It's funny how both of you have mentioned other "men" your ladies were considering and both were long distant foreign relationships. I wouldn't worry about that, probably the biggest threat in alienating the affections of your fiancée has to be the local Russian guy! He is there now and in person. What better way to steal a woman's heart then to do it in person rather then sending an email! Then again a lot of the Russian guys are avoiding women with prior marriages, kids, and baggage of that sort, so its hard to say.

Oh believe me, the last thing I see "Evil Canadian dude" (as I have come to think of him) as is a rival. He's done more to disqualify himself for her affections than I could ever do. As for the locals, I don't worry about them. I trust that she'll be faithful to me just as she trusts that I'll be faithful to her. And if one were to steal her away, then better I should know that she didn't love me enough now than to find out later. Been there, done that, have the official tote bag and no desire to do it again.

Timeline

Well said Kirk! My feelings exactly. If someone can woo my Alla from me, she ain't for me. Hey, I didn't get my tote bag! Ohhhh, that's right. My former wife got that too.

Oh believe me, the last thing I see "Evil Canadian dude" (as I have come to think of him) as is a rival. He's done more to disqualify himself for her affections than I could ever do. As for the locals, I don't worry about them. I trust that she'll be faithful to me just as she trusts that I'll be faithful to her. And if one were to steal her away, then better I should know that she didn't love me enough now than to find out later. Been there, done that, have the official tote bag and no desire to do it again.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Well said Kirk! My feelings exactly. If someone can woo my Alla from me, she ain't for me. Hey, I didn't get my tote bag! Ohhhh, that's right. My former wife got that too.

You didn't get the tote bag? :blink: Where on earth do you store all your emotional baggage? I mean, I just use the tote bag for my portable emotional baggage. The rest I keep in crates in a warehouse. You might have seen it at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie. :)

Timeline

No, she would even let me keep my those! Said I took too many away from her! :lol:

You didn't get the tote bag? :blink: Where on earth do you store all your emotional baggage? I mean, I just use the tote bag for my portable emotional baggage. The rest I keep in crates in a warehouse. You might have seen it at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie. :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Alla is also of gypsy blood and let me tell you. a combination of lioness and gypsy... Well, you may not believe me, but I have seen, literally, a cupboard door fall off the hinges when she was angry once. No one touched it and it was not falling apart beforehand. We were sitting having tea and she became angry because a client had failed to pay her and now she had to cover his end. When her voice raised, boom. She told me, "Jeffery, I am sorry. It happens sometimes when I have very bad spirits." Scared the ####### out of me! :blink:

There are a lot of spirits and "energy" floating around here too. Sometimes we have to do things to get rid of our "bad energy" or to get the "good energy" to come to us. Feng shui is pretty popular here as well. As for the "spirits" they usually are in sync with the energy. Good spirits come from having good energy. We even have our "daemons" (check out the Golden Compass movie) in the form of our cats. One is "mine" and one is "hers." It's pretty accurate though because one is fat and lazy, just wants to eat and sleep (and type on VJ) and the other is always darting around looking for something to do, mischieviously playing or yelling at us. None of that stuff was present before my wife arrived. There were some smells.... but no spirits or energy or anything like that.

After that I was like "zomg my girlfriend is Russian mafia!" Well about 2 months later the guy sent me an email saying "good luck with your scammer girlfriend I have a new girl," I got a chuckle. On the other hand I'm slightly disappointed that my SO can't make people disappear. :)

Way back when I was "socially friendly" with this girl and one day I was asking her if she was ever scared being out late at night back home in Russia. She said it was very dangerous for girls out late at night because someone would always try to take them or kidnap them for money or whatever. I asked if she was scared and she said, "I never scared because if somebody try take me, they stop car and say 'get in now' I say 'wait one minute I go in my purse for my cigarettes... and BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! (*makes pistol shooting moves*) Makarov from my purse!'"

I was astonished. "How come you had a gun in your purse? How did you even get a gun anyway?" She said, "My father and my brother very big guys in mafia business." So I said, "You're in the mafia?" And she replied, "No. No. I'm not in mafia, but my father and my brother are. It's family business."

Needless to say I didn't do anything to piss her off anymore!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

After that I was like "zomg my girlfriend is Russian mafia!" Well about 2 months later the guy sent me an email saying "good luck with your scammer girlfriend I have a new girl," I got a chuckle. On the other hand I'm slightly disappointed that my SO can't make people disappear. :)

Way back when I was "socially friendly" with this girl and one day I was asking her if she was ever scared being out late at night back home in Russia. She said it was very dangerous for girls out late at night because someone would always try to take them or kidnap them for money or whatever. I asked if she was scared and she said, "I never scared because if somebody try take me, they stop car and say 'get in now' I say 'wait one minute I go in my purse for my cigarettes... and BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! (*makes pistol shooting moves*) Makarov from my purse!'"

LOL! Although any kidnapper who lets someone dig in their purse for cigarettes is really asking for it. I don't know this for sure, but I'll bet the first thing you learn at kidnapper camp is "don't let the victim take stuff out of their purse." Well...that might be the second thing. The first thing is probably "don't take personal checks."

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this discussion. (We both agreed that K'T needs to keep Alla happy if he hopes to keep "stuff" from falling off!) We had this exchange:

Me: So I was disappointed that it turned out she couldn't really make people disappear.

Friend: He was Canadian?

Me: Yeah

Friend: In fairness, how hard would it really be to make a Canadian disappear?

I thought that was pretty funny. (no offense intended to our semi-opaque neighbors to the north. :) )

Timeline

Man, we sure hijacked this thread, haven't we boys? :lol:

You are darn tootin' I'll keep Alla happy! Lioness, gypsy, and... for the record, Alla has two uncles, retired former KGB. I will not get into the details of one of her uncle's specific job description. I can only say, I am very happy her uncles both consider me family now and pleased to see their niece finally smiling with a man again! :lol:

LOL! Although any kidnapper who lets someone dig in their purse for cigarettes is really asking for it. I don't know this for sure, but I'll bet the first thing you learn at kidnapper camp is "don't let the victim take stuff out of their purse." Well...that might be the second thing. The first thing is probably "don't take personal checks."

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this discussion. (We both agreed that K'T needs to keep Alla happy if he hopes to keep "stuff" from falling off!) We had this exchange:

Me: So I was disappointed that it turned out she couldn't really make people disappear.

Friend: He was Canadian?

Me: Yeah

Friend: In fairness, how hard would it really be to make a Canadian disappear?

I thought that was pretty funny. (no offense intended to our semi-opaque neighbors to the north. :) )

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

, Alla has two uncles, retired former KGB. I will not get into the details of one of her uncle's specific job description.

They weren't the gents passing the fake Benjamins on Puitn's last visit were they?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
, Alla has two uncles, retired former KGB. I will not get into the details of one of her uncle's specific job description.

They weren't the gents passing the fake Benjamins on Puitn's last visit were they?

Hahahaa!! That was ridiculous. Crooked sons of bi.tches!!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

NO-!!! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

WOwwwwwww.......... cool thread(s). :thumbs: From reading, I think I have learned and/or confirmed a few things:

1. Apparently, mayonnaise is a major staple of the russian diet.

2. Our girls may be on the small side (at least compared to American women) but "watch out" if you cross them. They can hurt you.

3. Point number 2 above is also probably a "turn-on" to us...... at least it is for me anyway..... hehe

4. Many of our girls are in-tune with their mystical gypsy natures. Boy.... do I have stories that I could tell if Nata consented.

5. [insert your own observations]

:yes:

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

3. Point number 2 above is also probably a "turn-on" to us...... at least it is for me anyway..... hehe

Okay, I thought I was the only sick ####### with regards to that little trait. :lol: When some drunk/strung-out guy was staggering up to Nadya (he was a patient at her hospital, had developed a little crush on her, and recognized her while we were walking together to dinner), just as I thought I was going to have to intervene she lit into him like he'd left his shoes on the bed or something ( :) ) and he just slunk away into the darkness. That was...so...hawt. :devil: (and yet scary too.)

Timeline

Okay, I thought I was the only sick ####### with regards to that little trait. :lol: When some drunk/strung-out guy was staggering up to Nadya (he was a patient at her hospital, had developed a little crush on her, and recognized her while we were walking together to dinner), just as I thought I was going to have to intervene she lit into him like he'd left his shoes on the bed or something ( :) ) and he just slunk away into the darkness. That was...so...hawt. :devil: (and yet scary too.)

:no: Afraid not.......... you are not alone Slave-Boy.

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Timeline

Yes, far. My Alla (as I think most Russian girls) can be the same way! :thumbs: An angry Alla is sometimes a treat! :lol:

:no: Afraid not.......... you are not alone Slave-Boy.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.