shikarnov

Engagement Rings

168 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Everyone says this, I'm not too worried. My Alla is not interested in McDonalds. She is a sporty girl and will continue to eat real food and exercise. I'm more worried for her teenage daughter that will! She already outweighs my fiancée because she has half the activity level and prefers the junk food.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about mine either. She "goes in for sport" (my favorite phrase ever) even if she didn't have to walk everywhere, and has little interet in the McDonald's culture. People change of course, and I'm not saying it's impossible that her habits could get more sedentary, but I think it's unlikely.

Exactly! We just need to follow suit here. :lol:

Word. My new years resolution this year is to take off all those pounds I put on between now and my last new years resolution to take off all those pounds that I...well, you know the drill. And I've only got about 3-4 months to do it before she gets here. After that, the combination of my slow metabolism and her cooking will ensure any further weight loss to be unlikely.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some of their phrases are great! I still like: "Maybe we can have romantic supper with candles tonight?" or when I ask where the children are and she answers, "On street'. :lol:

Yes, a whooole lot of activity is required is counteract a Russian girl's cooking. I had to add quite a few kilometers to my running to find a balance. :D

Everyone says this, I'm not too worried. My Alla is not interested in McDonalds. She is a sporty girl and will continue to eat real food and exercise. I'm more worried for her teenage daughter that will! She already outweighs my fiancée because she has half the activity level and prefers the junk food.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about mine either. She "goes in for sport" (my favorite phrase ever) even if she didn't have to walk everywhere, and has little interet in the McDonald's culture. People change of course, and I'm not saying it's impossible that her habits could get more sedentary, but I think it's unlikely.

Word. My new years resolution this year is to take off all those pounds I put on between now and my last new years resolution to take off all those pounds that I...well, you know the drill. And I've only got about 3-4 months to do it before she gets here. After that, the combination of my slow metabolism and her cooking will ensure any further weight loss to be unlikely.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Some of their phrases are great! I still like: "Maybe we can have romantic supper with candles tonight?" or when I ask where the children are and she answers, "On street'. :lol:

Yes, a whooole lot of activity is required is counteract a Russian girl's cooking. I had to add quite a few kilometers to my running to find a balance. :D

i lost 15-20 pounds while in russia. of course, my bf RUNS to work in the SNOW.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

I lost, gained, and lost again. In perfect rythym with the winter when I lived in Kazan'. All because I could not run in their snow. :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Ah yes, when Nadya says she's going out with her friends she'll say "I'm going out on street." Or if it's just too damn cold out she'll say "I am not walking street today, maybe tomorrow." Hehe.

Not that I'm going to make fun of her speech at all. My Russian is horrible enough that I'm sure most of what I say is gibberish. I was trying to tell her I was making a joke, so I said "шутка" (shootka), only I pronounced it "sheetka." It was hard for her to stop laughing long enough to correct my pronunciation.

Which reminds me, I need to start learning how to convert to km on the fly.

I was actually surprised. I ate a lot of food while I was there (at restaurants, if she didn't think what I ordered was enough, she'd order something else for me!), but we walked everywhere so in the end I didn't gain any weight. Didn't lose any either, but I'll take it as a win.

Think of it like this 100km = 62 mi, thus 10 km = 6.2mi, thus 1 km = .62 mi, etc. So when your lady says 2km you can quickly estimate that it is about 1.2 mi or 5 km is about 3.1 mi. Thinking of it like that will give you a reasonable estimation of the distance.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Think of it like this 100km = 62 mi, thus 10 km = 6.2mi, thus 1 km = .62 mi, etc. So when your lady says 2km you can quickly estimate that it is about 1.2 mi or 5 km is about 3.1 mi. Thinking of it like that will give you a reasonable estimation of the distance.

Ah, nice. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My little 44 kg fiancée can break me in half with her competitive figure skater / dancer / trainer legs!

Now that our engagement ring thread has morphed into food... :lol: Isn't it interesting that with all that mayonnaise, sour cream, plain old pig fat, so forth, and so on that our ladies consume, they still have some of the best forms on the planet? :D

It's because they walk *everywhere.* On top of that, mine actually works out at a gym and takes salsa dancing lessons. :blink: I'm pretty sure her legs could break me in half if she really wanted to. I'm...I'm actually a little scared of her... :unsure:

Yikes! :blink: 44 kilos? Ahem....someone get Alla a cheeseburger and a baked potato! :lol: Wow, she's tiny.

Now that our engagement ring thread has morphed into food... :lol: Isn't it interesting that with all that mayonnaise, sour cream, plain old pig fat, so forth, and so on that our ladies consume, they still have some of the best forms on the planet? :D

hmm... but what about their moms?

I've wondered this in the past. :whistle: You see so many fit young women and most have pretty .....um..."sturdy" moms. :blink:

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The thing that worries me about Russian food is they don't refrigerate many food items that we Americans do. And food cooked on the stove top seems to stay there until it's consumed which might take a day or two. But, so far I've had no major stomach problems.

Timeline
The thing that worries me about Russian food is they don't refrigerate many food items that we Americans do. And food cooked on the stove top seems to stay there until it's consumed which might take a day or two. But, so far I've had no major stomach problems.

True! This has worried me in the past as well. But no ill affects so far. I'm a freak about sealing everything tightly in the fridge with ZipLock products. Soups on the stove dont bother me much as long as its brought back to 160+ degrees. Russian refrigerators arent as cold as mine either. But oh well..

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

Alright you guys! :lol:

In defense of her 44 kilos. Remember she is only 152 cm. The girl is solid muscle. She was a competitive ice skater and then turned to modern dance. (If you are interested, you can view her dance clips on our Club World Relations site by clicking the images at the bottom of the "About EOS" page.) She's just in great shape!

Oh and by the way, twice in the year I lived in Kazan' she agreed to go to McDonalds for the sake of the children. She ate two Royal Cheeseburgers (think 1/4 pounder), large fries, and an ice cream sundae!

Yikes! :blink: 44 kilos? Ahem....someone get Alla a cheeseburger and a baked potato! :lol: Wow, she's tiny.

Yes, I'm worried that all it will take is a stiff wind to catch that party hat like a sail, and off she'll go like the flying nun! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

In defense of her 44 kilos. Remember she is only 152 cm. The girl is solid muscle. She was a competitive ice skater and then turned to modern dance. (If you are interested, you can view her dance clips on our Club World Relations site by clicking the images at the bottom of the "About EOS" page.) She's just in great shape!

Oh and by the way, twice in the year I lived in Kazan' she agreed to go to McDonalds for the sake of the children. She ate two Royal Cheeseburgers (think 1/4 pounder), large fries, and an ice cream sundae!

Yes, I'm worried that all it will take is a stiff wind to catch that party hat like a sail, and off she'll go like the flying nun! :lol:

Hahahaha!!! :lol::lol: . That's hillarious! Of course you know we were just teasin'. I figured she was probably not too tall. I'm sure her weight is just right for her frame. But you're a good sport, nonetheless! And I'm sure she could kick all our @sses! :help: For the sake of the children! Hahahaha :lol:

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Heh, it's always the petite girls that can just put it away.

Hahahaha!!! :lol::lol: . That's hillarious! Of course you know we were just teasin'. I figured she was probably not too tall. I'm sure her weight is just right for her frame. But you're a good sport, nonetheless! And I'm sure she could kick all our @sses! :help: For the sake of the children! Hahahaha :lol:

I'm sure she could kick all our asses combined. I still think you need a rudder or something on that hat though so she can at least steer in that stiff wind. :lol::) :) :)

Timeline
:lol: :lol:

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.