Masha2008

Processing time for late july filers

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiance sent our package on July 27th and it was received next day. Our NOA1 was published on August 6th and he got it by mail on 10th. I have no touch since. I have no idea what it is going. Just being patient. I just wonder why some couples especially some May filers got approved recently without any RFE. I was told that they would process petitions based on received dates. My fiance and I were planning to have an wedding in March, but it seems impossible, so we might extend to May. :unsure::crying::unsure::crying::unsure::crying:

March seems like a good date. RFE's are sent because of stupidity, the requirements for a petition are very clear.

:hehe:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
My fiance sent our package on July 27th and it was received next day. Our NOA1 was published on August 6th and he got it by mail on 10th. I have no touch since. I have no idea what it is going. Just being patient. I just wonder why some couples especially some May filers got approved recently without any RFE. I was told that they would process petitions based on received dates. My fiance and I were planning to have an wedding in March, but it seems impossible, so we might extend to May. :unsure::crying::unsure::crying::unsure::crying:

Your wait time is not unheard of. You sent your petition in right during the filing location swap so it may take a little longer :). Hold on tight for a few more weeks. Based on your timeline it should likely be approved in a few weeks time!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
March seems like a good date. RFE's are sent because of stupidity, the requirements for a petition are very clear.

Except people do get RFEs for stuff that was sent. So it's still stupidity, but not always the petitioner's.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

My suggestion would be to not make any plans until you know something definite (not to be a naysayer, but this process isn't quick or rational, a lot of random speed bumps for random people)

Best of luck to you

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Except people do get RFEs for stuff that was sent. So it's still stupidity, but not always the petitioner's.

Very true. Can I also add naivety to the list!? We were sure we messed some things up because we hadn't found VJ when we sent the package and so kinda put things together best we could :) We got no RFE so we must have done ok :D

It took us 151 days to get our NOA2 so don't panic just yet :D

Check out the spreadsheet here - you'll see you're not alone :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stupidity? That's a pretty broad statement. We got an RFE for no fault of our own....they requested my fiancee's translated birth certificate. Stupidity on the part of the USCIS...sure.

"the requirements for a petition are very clear..." Indeed they are. I see no mention of needing the beneficiaries translated birth certificate.

Edited by Jamie76

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I personally think May is a safer bet. Then, if things do get moving along, you'll have a good rather than bad surprise!

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I hope that I won't get stupid RFE. I know that only USC has to send his or her birth certificate. My fiance wanted to call up and asked if an officer got our package or not. However, it will probably tell him to wait and call after 6 months. It is really crazy. They should update website more often and approve faster. :crying::crying::crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.