boo boo

Inspirational...how has your SO impacted your life

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I got married on Valentines Day of this year. It has been an interesting year to say the least :) I think it would be nice to share some positive things about the influences your SO has had in your life. Let me start:

My husband had inspired me to go to college and get a degree in a field that I would be happy in. I just got my grades (A,B,B) and I really owe it all to him. He is also going to college and he has guided me and helped me tremendously. I know that I have a long road ahead, but just feel blessed that he really wants me to pursue my dreams.

He has an exam in afew hours for his CNA license and I am so proud of him. I am sure that he will do well, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

We also go to church every (almost) Sunday and there is nothing more attractive than to see a man giving glory and praise to God.

Please share your stories...I am sure we all have some positive and uplifting things to say about our SO's :)

Have a Blessed Day!!

Crystal

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Wonderful to hear that you are both happy !

My fiance is not here yet, I will see him in 111 days and be present at his 2. interview. He will follow about 3 weeks later, in May, Lord willing.

He is a wonderful man.

He has prayed and fasted with me during this journey and has inspired me to work on myself when overwhelmed with varies circumstances.

He is always encouraging and positive. We talk daily, sometimes 2-3 times.

Almost daily he goes with his pastor to pray for very sick people in the hospital.

He is kind and giving to others and full of wisdom.

I have grown and become a better person and am so grateful to God for our love to each other.

:luv:(L):wub:

Well..My honey is evening me out :) I'm a permanently stressed out person and he's very calm. He keeps calming me out and keeps saying the "hakuna mattata" thing :) He actually has a tattoo saying that :)

He is a Firefighter so I feel very proud! He helps people every day and he's very sensitive. It makes me feel safe and protected and it finally feels like I have a strong shoulder to lean on.

He is encouraging me to go for an accounting job even though I don't believe in myself and is also telling me that I can study whatever I want if I go for Master's ....even though I have a Bachelor's in Accounting.

He is just being the most amazing, least confronting and a very loving person. I've never met anyone that would make me feel so complete! When people are saying "the other half", they really mean it I guess. He's mine!

Removal of conditions...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations on you and your SO's accomplishments. I returned to college at 30 years of age, after I had my son. At the time Couldn't see me getting an associate degree let alone a bachelors. My son was my motivation.

One thing I loved about my husband is his continual attempt at improvement. After just two months of marriage he already asking me what he can do to be a better husband. I stated that he was wonderful just the way he is. When I told him I was a REALTOR he read every book he could about real estate. He is passionate about my son's education and well being.

The Nigerian culture as a whole value education. The children often take the hectic public transportation to attend school. They appreciate and value their education. Most continue on to college despite the lack of professional positions. There are an abundance of educated people in the Nigeria region despite the lack of positions. I would love to see them capitalize on the tourist industry. They are hospitable people. Unlike the American tourist industry they mean it. You can see the sincerity in their eyes.

Thats my oppionion, I welcome yours. :thumbs:

My husband and I got married on Valentines Day of this year. It has been an interesting year to say the least :) I think it would be nice to share some positive things about the influences your SO has had in your life. Let me start:

My husband had inspired me to go to college and get a degree in a field that I would be happy in. I just got my grades (A,B, B) and I really owe it all to him. He is also going to college and he has guided me and helped me tremendously. I know that I have a long road ahead, but just feel blessed that he really wants me to pursue my dreams.

He has an exam in afew hours for his CNA license and I am so proud of him. I am sure that he will do well, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

We also go to church every (almost) Sunday and there is nothing more attractive than to see a man giving glory and praise to God.

Please share your stories...I am sure we all have some positive and uplifting things to say about our SO's :)

Have a Blessed Day!!

Crystal

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Joshua and I are connected in a way that goes beyond romance, beyond friendship, beyond what we've ever had before. It has defied time, distance, and changes in ourselves and in our lives and it has defied every explanation except one: Purely and simply we're 'Soul Mates'. We can't explain it,We just feel it. It's there in the way our spirits subtly lifts whenever we talk, it seems that everything about him is oh so perfect. Our spirits just connect in a way that I am convinced this is an unexplainable, unquestionable, undeniable LOVE. Joshua is a man after God's own heart. When my flesh was to weak to sustain, Joshua carried the cross for me by praying harder, fasting more, going to prayer meetings, and conferences. He has blessed me just by his presence in my life. I'm better so much better because of him. Joshua gives me the drive that I need to press on. he encourages my heart everyday. he is more than a conquerer. The obstacles he has gone through I would have been dead a long time ago, but God spared us just so that we would see this day and come to know each other. He showed me what it's like for someone to love you UNCONDITIONALLY. Me and Joshua look like the totally opposite couple. He is not even the type of man that I would even pay attention to . First of all he shorter than me :blink:. Than on top of that he is SO SKINTY( he is beyond skinny, he skinty). and me I am thick Sista. Not once did my weight or height make the difference. he was convinced he could handle me and HE DID :innocent:. He told me ( when I had doubts) he was in a lifetime contract so whatever was bothering me "we would work it out. When I traded "ME " for "WE" it was all to the glory of God. Joshua is so intelligent, sincere, and a Godsent. . The distance couldn't stop nor block what God had in store for us. The songwriter said it best,"What God has for me it is for me".

Bless you all and the marriages represented here today

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ohhhh, such heart warming messages on this forum, LOVE is an amazing thing and it is so nice to hear such positive things :)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow...where do i start! My husband and i met in the most unconventional way. I used to lecture my friends about looking for love on the internet..lol. (I have a degree in social and behaviorial science) I was sure long distance relationships didnt work let alone an international one! I had never even had an internet relationship before, and now here i was head over heels for this amazing man 8000 miles, and an ocean away! It was magic from the beginning. (i kno sounds corny..lol) but we totally clicked...and i mean in the most unusual ways. Its like we could read each others minds. We would say the exact same thing at the same time, type the same words simeltaneously. We had all the same ideas on life, god, and love. Our love was deeper than anything i had ever experienced before. But it wasnt until i went there for the second time, and lived with him for 3 months, did i realize just how much. Living in his "world", seeing him with his family, learning his culture and his life..my love for him went beyond what i had known it to be before...i truly adored and respected this man like never before. He showed me true love and true compassion. I found myself feeling gulity at the ways of "my world". The greed, the waste, the materialistic life. I changed forever in those 3 months. Never will i forget the suffering and poverty i saw and lived while i was there. Yet the love and strength of the people made a lasting impression on me. They had no electricity, no running water, very little food or clothing, lack of jobs, poor govt and infrastructure, yet they had faith and love for god and each other. Not only did i come home loving and respecting my husband more than i can express...but i found love and peace in my extended family there, and in all the people who made me feel so loved and alive! I knew my husband and i had a special connection that can only be explained by God himself...but now it has been confirmed. He is the most amazing, wonderful, handsome, intelligent, compassionate, loving man i have ever known. He is filled with grace and integrity, and loves me like no man has ever loved me before. We both had dreams of changing the world...and now God has brought us together to make it happen! We know that someday we will make a difference, and we just pray for the day we can start our life together...and make God proud!

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow! Thanks for starting such a wonderful post .........

In a nut shell I must say that my SO has impacted my life by proving a passage in the Bible that states: 'all things in life work together for good according to them that are called unto His purpose (Romas 8).

Here is why .... for so often I have been solely focused on my career. I occasionally dated, but it was never the 'right' one. About 6 years ago I met a man who I thought was the man of my dreams. Little did I know that he was seeing me and two other women. My heart was crushed, and I had given up all hopes of ever meeting Mr. Right. Two years later I met my now husband. We met through his sister, whom I met at my cousins wedding. At the time I was not convinced that he (or anyone) would be "the one". Especially someone that was not part of my culture (American). As a matter of fact I had begun to feel continment for the way my life was - Me, Myself, and I, and most importantly God. Well .... after hours of communicating, visiting, etc. etc. I began to realize why my life had been such an upset 6 years ago. You see those previous failed relationships were the stepping stones I needed in order to prepare and propel me for my "Boaz" (yes .... I love the book of Ruth) :)

My husband is 'my calm' in the midst of the storm. 'My foundation' when I've stepped into sinking sand. 'My shield' when it feels like life itself is against me. Above all he LOVES the Lord. In our household, it is a part of almost a daily routine for my husband to grab my hands and lead us into a word of prayer. In addition to prayer, Bible studies are a regular part of our lives, and of course church services. During our wedding ceremony it was important that we had read the passage from the book of Ephesians stating that God will give us above and beyond all that we hope or ever desire. Certainly my husband is that. As a matter of fact, the theme for our wedding was - A gift from God, wrapped in silver and gold. Even our wedding cake reflected our theme.

He has came to this country, works, attends school and always makes sure that I am OK. I am not a cryer, but as I type this post I am starting to form a lump in my throat. My husband is not perfect, sometimes he gets on my last nerve! He is a very picky eater, but he's also a great cook. He is very tight with a dollar, but he is a darn good provider. His income is not enough for me to quit my job, and have a weekly clothing allowance. Neverthelss, he has proven to me that money really and truely can't buy love (although it does make for a comfortable life) :lol: But anyway, he is my "Boaz", and because he is so good, on the inside I am challenged to be a better wife for him. It's not unusual for him to cook and clean while I take a nap, or have a day at the spa. And because of who he is, I want to always try to be a better person.

I can't recall the person here on VJ that has this quote as part of their signature but it reads something like this .... "A good marriage is when each person feels as though they've received better than what they deserve". For me ... I got above and beyond all that I had hoped or ever prayed for.

Blessings!

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you sooooooo much for starting a positive topic.

Well, I love my Bassi. I loved him as a friend first and he's still my best friend. Bassi taught me how to give freely of myself. I trust him completely and know that while I am giving him 100% I won't lack for anything cause he is giving 110% right back to me. We have united into one and are comfortable. For everything that annoys me about him and him about me....there are two more things that we love about each other. I know he's not perfect, but I also know he's perfect for me. I thank God for blessing my life with this wonderful man. We balance each other out, support each other through life's curves, and enjoy each other completely. :wub:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can feel love on this forum! So sweeeeet :)

My fiance is a sweet man. He encouraged me when I began to let doubts of not passing my qualifying exams for my Master's degree crept in. He called me everyday after I finished studying and asked "What did you learn today?". On the day of my exam he called me as soon as I woke up, to pray with me.

Through job searches and now my attending school once again :wacko: he has been not only a source of encouragement, but also a source of confidence and positive energy.

He makes me feel confident about the future and that I have not only a life partner, but also a friend and a teammate.

I absolutely love his big head! :jest:

Thanks for the thread!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

You are going to make me cry :cry:

Soooooooooooooooooo beautiful Boaz!!!!

Yes :yes: I'm a mush

Wow! Thanks for starting such a wonderful post .........

In a nut shell I must say that my SO has impacted my life by proving a passage in the Bible that states: 'all things in life work together for good according to them that are called unto His purpose (Romas 8).

Here is why .... for so often I have been solely focused on my career. I occasionally dated, but it was never the 'right' one. About 6 years ago I met a man who I thought was the man of my dreams. Little did I know that he was seeing me and two other women. My heart was crushed, and I had given up all hopes of ever meeting Mr. Right. Two years later I met my now husband. We met through his sister, whom I met at my cousins wedding. At the time I was not convinced that he (or anyone) would be "the one". Especially someone that was not part of my culture (American). As a matter of fact I had begun to feel continment for the way my life was - Me, Myself, and I, and most importantly God. Well .... after hours of communicating, visiting, etc. etc. I began to realize why my life had been such an upset 6 years ago. You see those previous failed relationships were the stepping stones I needed in order to prepare and propel me for my "Boaz" (yes .... I love the book of Ruth) :)

My husband is 'my calm' in the midst of the storm. 'My foundation' when I've stepped into sinking sand. 'My shield' when it feels like life itself is against me. Above all he LOVES the Lord. In our household, it is a part of almost a daily routine for my husband to grab my hands and lead us into a word of prayer. In addition to prayer, Bible studies are a regular part of our lives, and of course church services. During our wedding ceremony it was important that we had read the passage from the book of Ephesians stating that God will give us above and beyond all that we hope or ever desire. Certainly my husband is that. As a matter of fact, the theme for our wedding was - A gift from God, wrapped in silver and gold. Even our wedding cake reflected our theme.

He has came to this country, works, attends school and always makes sure that I am OK. I am not a cryer, but as I type this post I am starting to form a lump in my throat. My husband is not perfect, sometimes he gets on my last nerve! He is a very picky eater, but he's also a great cook. He is very tight with a dollar, but he is a darn good provider. His income is not enough for me to quit my job, and have a weekly clothing allowance. Neverthelss, he has proven to me that money really and truely can't buy love (although it does make for a comfortable life) :lol: But anyway, he is my "Boaz", and because he is so good, on the inside I am challenged to be a better wife for him. It's not unusual for him to cook and clean while I take a nap, or have a day at the spa. And because of who he is, I want to always try to be a better person.

I can't recall the person here on VJ that has this quote as part of their signature but it reads something like this .... "A good marriage is when each person feels as though they've received better than what they deserve". For me ... I got above and beyond all that I had hoped or ever prayed for.

Blessings!

Boaz

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I always tell my fiance that God answered my prayers the day I met him.

When I met my fiance I was going through a lot. I had just lost my grandmother (who I was very close to) and my aunt was going in for surgery. It was while I was taking care of my aunt after her surgery that I met him. I was completely lost, praying to God everyday, wanting some kind of relief from what I was going through. The day I met him I had been talking to my mom before we went to visit my aunt in the hospital. I was telling my mom that I would be fine if I remained single for the rest of my life (I have been taking care of myself since I was 17) and didn't really care at that point in time whether I met a man or not. My mom said "Don't be so sure. He may be right around the corner".

7 hours later we met. And the rest is history.

No words can describe what I have felt since then. I rejected my fiance's advances for weeks before I finally decided to give him a chance and God bless him for sticking around. I must say that his persistence (or maybe hardheadedness) was endearing. When I left Ghana after meeting him I said we should just be friends and he just laughed. He always says that when he sees something and wants it, he wll not give up until he gets it and he knew that when he saw me, he wanted me. How could I say no to that.

After being on my own for so long, I must say that it is nice to have someone to lean on and share all the trials, tribulations and triumphs of life with. I know that he is not here with me now, but I know that we will be together soon. He makes me want to be a better person because everytime I am going to ddo something I think to myself "What would Inusah think about me if I did that?"

He has been one of my biggest supporters in my career and education. Unlike 99.9999% of the world, he actually understands what I do and can spell it (I am an epidemiologist). And despite the fact that my plans on going back to school and getting a PhD are no longer #1 on my list he has said "I am not going to be the reason you stop your education". So whether I like it or not I am going back to school.

I love the way he is a total big brother to my sisters (its just the 3 of us girls and he does not have younger sisters). He is so overprotective of them and my sisters love it. It warms my heart because my sisters and I are so close and the fact that they get along so well and have their own little secrets lets me know that I made the right decision in a soulmate.

I feel like my life has become complete with him in it. Even though I can see the difficulties we are going to have with him coming here and the adjustment and all that other stuff I cannot wait to get there.

He likes to say that God has a plan and God's plan was for him to have me as his wife.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Wow! That is so sweet!!! So, I won't say that my SO and your SO are twins .... :lol:

I felt like you were talking about my fiance....especially the hard headedness :lo

I always tell my fiance that God answered my prayers the day I met him.

When I met my fiance I was going through a lot. I had just lost my grandmother (who I was very close to) and my aunt was going in for surgery. It was while I was taking care of my aunt after her surgery that I met him. I was completely lost, praying to God everyday, wanting some kind of relief from what I was going through. The day I met him I had been talking to my mom before we went to visit my aunt in the hospital. I was telling my mom that I would be fine if I remained single for the rest of my life (I have been taking care of myself since I was 17) and didn't really care at that point in time whether I met a man or not. My mom said "Don't be so sure. He may be right around the corner".

7 hours later we met. And the rest is history.

No words can describe what I have felt since then. I rejected my fiance's advances for weeks before I finally decided to give him a chance and God bless him for sticking around. I must say that his persistence (or maybe hardheadedness) was endearing. When I left Ghana after meeting him I said we should just be friends and he just laughed. He always says that when he sees something and wants it, he wll not give up until he gets it and he knew that when he saw me, he wanted me. How could I say no to that.

After being on my own for so long, I must say that it is nice to have someone to lean on and share all the trials, tribulations and triumphs of life with. I know that he is not here with me now, but I know that we will be together soon. He makes me want to be a better person because everytime I am going to ddo something I think to myself "What would Inusah think about me if I did that?"

He has been one of my biggest supporters in my career and education. Unlike 99.9999% of the world, he actually understands what I do and can spell it (I am an epidemiologist). And despite the fact that my plans on going back to school and getting a PhD are no longer #1 on my list he has said "I am not going to be the reason you stop your education". So whether I like it or not I am going back to school.

I love the way he is a total big brother to my sisters (its just the 3 of us girls and he does not have younger sisters). He is so overprotective of them and my sisters love it. It warms my heart because my sisters and I are so close and the fact that they get along so well and have their own little secrets lets me know that I made the right decision in a soulmate.

I feel like my life has become complete with him in it. Even though I can see the difficulties we are going to have with him coming here and the adjustment and all that other stuff I cannot wait to get there.

He likes to say that God has a plan and God's plan was for him to have me as his wife.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.