14 posts in this topic

you do not apply to lift conditions? Are they going to come to my house and throw me out of the country? I ask because our plans have changed and we now are moving back to Australia a little under 2 months after Visa expires. We're on a CR1 + CR2

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Visa or conditional green card expires?

If conditional green card expires USCIS will begin deportation proceedings, but NO USCIS will not come to your home and arrest you.

:help: US :help: YOU :time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=13540

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Conditional Green Card expires, sorry.

At what point does the deportation process begin, and how long does it take?

When the conditional expires, and you did not apply for removal of conditions, they will just send you a letter telling you that you must leave the US by some date. They wont bother putting you in removal proceedings.

If you change your mind in a year about returning to Aus....it would be better to remove conditions, at least you could come back without problems.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

You would be out of status. I don't think you need to work about two months.

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Conditional Green Card expires, sorry.

At what point does the deportation process begin, and how long does it take?

When the conditional expires, and you did not apply for removal of conditions, they will just send you a letter telling you that you must leave the US by some date. They wont bother putting you in removal proceedings.

If you change your mind in a year about returning to Aus....it would be better to remove conditions, at least you could come back without problems.

Thanks for your reply :) Any idea on how long they give you to leave? I'm assuming that leaving less than 2 months after the expiry date shouldn't cause too many problems, but then again - you never know! There just is no point paying that obscene amount of money to lift conditions when we will not be remaining here. We also have VISA costs going the other direction to worry about, as well and a surprise pregnancy.

There won't be any changing minds, it's set in stone now. We would like to be able to come back to the US in the future for the kids to be able to visit their family, so I just hope we don't incur a ban and would be able to use the VWP for that purpose.

.png

to be honest i dunno if they let u back in the US in a couple years.. :unsure: u might wanna check that out..

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

This is just my personal opinion, but if I were you I would go through the removal of conditions process before returning to Aus. It's a small amount of money to pay compared to the benefits you gain from permanent residency. Even if you don't plan right now to come back to live in the US, plans have a way of changing down the road. We're all really privileged to have permanent residency in the US, considering how hard it is to get into the US! I would look at this as an investment in your future :)

Again, just my personal opinion, I realize every situation is different...

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

04/12/2008: N-400 Application mailed (CSC)

04/14/2008: Priority date

04/18/2008: Check cashed

04/29/2008: NOA1 Notice Date -- interview notification within 365 days

05/01/2008: Biometrics Notice Date

05/14/2008: Biometrics done

06/09/2008: Interview Letter Date

07/31/2008: Interview PASSED!

I-751 Timeline

----------------

03-31-07: I-751 application mailed

04-04-07: Check cashed

No NOA1 ever received...

09-19-07: NOA2 received

10-17-07: Biometrics appointment

11-15-07: Approval email

11-23-07: 10-year Green Card received

I would suggest you consult an experienced immigration lawyer. You do not want any "removal order" or "deportation order" to show on your records in the event that you decide to come back to the US (whether for a visit or for residence).

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

This is just my personal opinion, but if I were you I would go through the removal of conditions process before returning to Aus. It's a small amount of money to pay compared to the benefits you gain from permanent residency. Even if you don't plan right now to come back to live in the US, plans have a way of changing down the road. We're all really privileged to have permanent residency in the US, considering how hard it is to get into the US! I would look at this as an investment in your future :)

On the surface your argument makes sense, but look beneath a layer or two and you'll realize that even by lifting the conditions we will LOSE the permanent residency when we live outside the USA for longer than a year. We would have to re-apply for the ENTIRE immigration process again if we want to live here in the future. So, for a somewhat struggling family of 6..throwing $700 odd dollars away on removing conditions for a period of 40 days in order to stay (in-status) seems ridiculous to say the least. I guess I'd rather fly international pregnant on my own with all the kids while my husband is deployed to avoid the penalty if there were one. We just don't have that kind of money to throw around, considering we've moved all these people over 2 continents 4 times in 2 years. It gets expensive!! The immigration Visa itself to move INTO Australia is going to cost $1300. Plus the cost of moving our entire household goods and flying us all back. ARGGGH!!

I do however appreciate everyone's 2cents :) I think I'll just call USCIS and ask them from the horses mouth. I'd hate to not be able to visit my lovely inlaws because of an overstay! LOL

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I was just on about to suggest to fly back right before the card expires - this way you won't have to deal with USCIS and the I751 removal of conditions.

But of course it would depend if it is possible for you to do that at that stage in pregnancy.

Hope you'll find a solution - All the best to you and your family! :)

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

You can actually apply for something that's called "extended leave", or something like that. If you know you're going to be out of the country for more than a year, you can apply for this and you'll stay in status (i.e. you won't lose your permanent residency). Maybe someone else on this forum has more details about that, I'm not very familiar with the process.

Your argument makes a lot of sense though -- it IS a lot of money! I guess we're just encouraging you to look at all your options, because you just seem SO close to being done with this process that you should be very certain if you're going to abandon it this close to the finish line.

Hey -- all the best! Everyone's situation is different, and we can give advice from our experience but you know your situation the best!!

On the surface your argument makes sense, but look beneath a layer or two and you'll realize that even by lifting the conditions we will LOSE the permanent residency when we live outside the USA for longer than a year. We would have to re-apply for the ENTIRE immigration process again if we want to live here in the future. So, for a somewhat struggling family of 6..throwing $700 odd dollars away on removing conditions for a period of 40 days in order to stay (in-status) seems ridiculous to say the least. I guess I'd rather fly international pregnant on my own with all the kids while my husband is deployed to avoid the penalty if there were one. We just don't have that kind of money to throw around, considering we've moved all these people over 2 continents 4 times in 2 years. It gets expensive!! The immigration Visa itself to move INTO Australia is going to cost $1300. Plus the cost of moving our entire household goods and flying us all back. ARGGGH!!

I do however appreciate everyone's 2cents :) I think I'll just call USCIS and ask them from the horses mouth. I'd hate to not be able to visit my lovely inlaws because of an overstay! LOL

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

04/12/2008: N-400 Application mailed (CSC)

04/14/2008: Priority date

04/18/2008: Check cashed

04/29/2008: NOA1 Notice Date -- interview notification within 365 days

05/01/2008: Biometrics Notice Date

05/14/2008: Biometrics done

06/09/2008: Interview Letter Date

07/31/2008: Interview PASSED!

I-751 Timeline

----------------

03-31-07: I-751 application mailed

04-04-07: Check cashed

No NOA1 ever received...

09-19-07: NOA2 received

10-17-07: Biometrics appointment

11-15-07: Approval email

11-23-07: 10-year Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.