EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Quick question I'm due with my little man in sept and I'd like him to have duel citizenship...does anyone know how I go about applying for it ?>?

I have just started looking into it as well for my little man. I imagine dual citizenship is specific to each country. Here is a link I found for Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/f...proof-faq02.asp

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with the Canadian consulate (thanks Canadia for posting, it prompted me to pursue the dual citizenship thing today). They told me that my son would qualify to be a dual citizen of Canada since he was born to a Canadian citizen. They are sending me an application for citizenship. I believe the application costs $75.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi ladies,

I had my first OB appt. for this pregnancy today. Wow! I was off about my due date, but in my defense I didn't have a last menstrual period to go on, just a date when I thought I ovulated. So I am 6 weeks instead of 9 weeks with an EDD of February 16th. And I am expecting just ONE baby this time, not two. :)

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

I really liked your registry suggestions--the lists will help me get ready for my little one!

FWIW, I just had my baby shower this past weekend and only ONE person bought anything off of my registry!! I now have a ton of books, cozy blankets and lots of cute tiny clothes, but very little of the practical stuff.

As for the big things, I know I will be able to borrow lots of them from family and friends. Other things I have been frequenting Craigslist for: a bouncy seat (found a new one for $12), a swing, a glider chair, etc.

I also found some stuff at garage sales: baby tub, toys (many are new!), more books...

I am focusing this week on big essentials: a crib mattress and a car seat (the one I registered for, by Chicco, was recalled and I'm so disappointed). Any suggestions?

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Hi all,

I really liked your registry suggestions--the lists will help me get ready for my little one!

FWIW, I just had my baby shower this past weekend and only ONE person bought anything off of my registry!! I now have a ton of books, cozy blankets and lots of cute tiny clothes, but very little of the practical stuff.

As for the big things, I know I will be able to borrow lots of them from family and friends. Other things I have been frequenting Craigslist for: a bouncy seat (found a new one for $12), a swing, a glider chair, etc.

I also found some stuff at garage sales: baby tub, toys (many are new!), more books...

I am focusing this week on big essentials: a crib mattress and a car seat (the one I registered for, by Chicco, was recalled and I'm so disappointed). Any suggestions?

I registed for the Maxi Cosi one. I went on to consumerreports.org to get safety ratings and then to the babiesrus website to read reviews. It was very helpful!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies,

Thanks for posting those lists of registry items. It has helped me as well although I never even thought about half those things... yikes! There is so much I still need to learn.. :wacko:

I have 2 questions: 1) when do people usually have their baby showers? Is it two months before your due date?

My sister is planning mine, I think she wants to have it in late August or early September (except my b-day is in early Sept. and she doesn't want it to coincide). A lot of my friends and relatives are going on vacation in August. Is mid to late September too late for a shower? I'm due Oct. 12.

2) When do you starting adding items to your registry? I want to start now! :lol:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

mommy2be-My shower was about 3 months before my due date. I know that's early, but it's because of the Holidays we had it before Thanksgiving and December would have been too hectic. (I was due Feb 1st). A close friend had her baby 2 months early so that is another reason we had mine early. She never got to have her official shower. You can start registering!! It's fun. I started around 20 weeks, as soon as I found out it was a boy. :) You can always edit your registry online as you get closer to the shower if you changed your mind on anything.

KJandSH-I am sure you love your twins, but I bet you are relieved to find out it's just one baby this time. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi all,

as far as car seats go, I would get one that is part of a stroller type system. That way when they are sleeping in the seat you can just lift the whole thing into the stroller and you are good to go. I have tramped Amirah all over the place asleep in the carseat :)

also, its totally true about not taking the tags off the clothing yet. A lot depends on the size of the baby, plus after a month or so you can develop some pretty strong feelings about clothing based on whats easy to put off and on, whats the weather lately, etc. Its so nice to be able to go swap some of the shower stuff and get things you really want and need!

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We never bought a packnplay either, nor did we ever have a baby swing or a hight chair. I guess we're too cheap for that :whistle: . My MIL gave us a bassinett which has been a familiy tradition for almost 100 years and all the newborns ever born to the family slept in it for the first three months. It is cute and came in handy with Adam.

My shower is going to be on July13th and as far as I know there's only a pack of girls pants off my registry. I know it's still plenty of time and I HOPE for the love of god that I won't get drowned in pink frilly dresses size 9 months....please not. If it was up to me, she'd be a tomboy, wearing all of Adam's clothes.

@KJandSH: Congrats to your new single baby. Have you ever imagined yourself having three kids?

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i too didnt get much off my registry, WHEN PEOPLE KNOW WHAT UR HAVING, THEY BUY CLOTHES!!!

JP u know the upside to all those guests is hopefully many of them will get u gift cards, then u can get formula and diapers using them...those are the two costly things ya know? my bro and sis in law had their son 3 months ago and are still using their gift cards for formula...have u registered on enfamil.com and similac? or will u be breastfeeding? if u havent signed up on those sites u shoudl, they send monthly coupons like 4 and 5$ off and free formula...

today was day 2 at the babysitters, she said he was VERY CRABBY.. well thats the lil man...he has good days and bad...after tomorrow he will not go back til next wednesday, so hopefully that gives the poor sitter a decent break...

i think its time i update my siggy...zaid is 2 months old on sunday...SHOTS ARE MONDAY :(

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Hi ladies,

Thanks for posting those lists of registry items. It has helped me as well although I never even thought about half those things... yikes! There is so much I still need to learn.. :wacko:

I have 2 questions: 1) when do people usually have their baby showers? Is it two months before your due date?

My sister is planning mine, I think she wants to have it in late August or early September (except my b-day is in early Sept. and she doesn't want it to coincide). A lot of my friends and relatives are going on vacation in August. Is mid to late September too late for a shower? I'm due Oct. 12.

2) When do you starting adding items to your registry? I want to start now! :lol:

My due date is August 30th and I'm having my shower on July 20th. I was hoping to have it a bit sooner but we having family flying in for it so we pushed it out a bit to accomodate schedules. However I would up to 3 months before would be normal, 1.5 to 2 months being a more common range.

I registered for the shower right before we mailed out the invitations which was mid June. However you can start the registry whenever you want! I have already changed mine several times. Just keep in mind, many things are seasonal and if you register too early, then people may not find them when they go to get them.

i too didnt get much off my registry, WHEN PEOPLE KNOW WHAT UR HAVING, THEY BUY CLOTHES!!!

JP u know the upside to all those guests is hopefully many of them will get u gift cards, then u can get formula and diapers using them...those are the two costly things ya know? my bro and sis in law had their son 3 months ago and are still using their gift cards for formula...have u registered on enfamil.com and similac? or will u be breastfeeding? if u havent signed up on those sites u shoudl, they send monthly coupons like 4 and 5$ off and free formula...

today was day 2 at the babysitters, she said he was VERY CRABBY.. well thats the lil man...he has good days and bad...after tomorrow he will not go back til next wednesday, so hopefully that gives the poor sitter a decent break...

i think its time i update my siggy...zaid is 2 months old on sunday...SHOTS ARE MONDAY :(

I am hoping for gift cards, although many big ticket items have already been purchased off my registry. Thanks for the tip of registering on similac and enfamil, will do that right away!

I hope Zaid gets used the babysitter soon, that can be so tough leaving him behind knowing he isnt happy.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I hope Zaid gets used the babysitter soon, that can be so tough leaving him behind knowing he isnt happy.

Or leaving them knowing they are happy all day at the sitters and then crabby when you get them back. I feel as if my son loves the babysitter more than me. By the time I get home and see him he is majorly cranky. :(

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey preggers girls: here is my liefesaver tip- stick one or two Binkies in the hospital bag. I know I know, some might say, that they don't want it, but do yourself a favor and have one at the ready (just in case)

We have a pack'n play (Graco) that came with a changing table, mobile (gray teddy bears) and a little music/night light machine (we call it Ben's iPod :blush: ) it plays nature sounds and some cute tunes- he loves it. It's great for travel but we use a bassinet at home.

Humidifier was a lifesaver when he had a cold at 5 weeks.

and you can never have enough burp clothes!

My mother in law told everyone that we have a registry she even put it in the invitations- so we got pretty much everything we needed plus about $500 in gift certificates. We still ended up with 200 onsies he never wore, and about 60 blankets, and some really weird stuff from the smelly neighbour.

something I wouldn't spend any money on with number 2 would be one of these wicked expensive crib sets. Ben never uses the quilt and its a lot cheaper to buy things separate without spending $200.

I love pampers swaddlers and huggies gentle care- they're the softest! Keep receipts for diapers, we too had to exchange a couple newborn diapers.

@Belwin: where do you buy the Enfamil vitamins? Ben spits up the vitamins my pediatrician recommended all the time.

Ok, so today was our first shot day. :crying::crying:

I came up with an alternative vaccination schedule for Ben so he will have his shots spaced out and the Pediatrician ok'ed it.

He only got Polio today but he has never cried so hard and he's still pretty irritated. Poor guy. I don't know how I could have handled more than that.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Congrats KJandSH on the single baby!!! I will definitely be interested in hearing what is is like to parent three :)

Carolyn - Travel systems are great ... I would encourage you to get one. I am very happy with mine. As I posted earlier, I have the Graco travel system with the Safeseat carseat. That carseat holds babies until 30 pounds (the other Graco model, Snugride, holds them until 22 or 24 pounds).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Christina--You are exactly right--we love our twins bunches, but for financial reasons, space reasons (think 850 square feet condo), and not wanting to have another 'high risk pregnancy' reasons, I am so relieved to be having just one baby.

Eveline--I have definitely imagined myself as a mom of 3--that was always the number we talked about. It's being a mom of 4 that I had not imagined. :) However, I know that it is going to be super busy, especially during the newborn stage.

Re: items to ask for on a baby registry. I don't know if you can register for these at big box stores, but I have an ergo carrier and it is fantastic. It is better than a baby bjorn because you can use it longer and it is comfy. Also, it costs only about $10 more.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png