EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

carrie, u know, ive read that colicky babies fits normally occur between 5pm and 9pm, which is probably right when he is coming home to you...just think, it will all be over soon...How is his cold doing by the way? Have u tried the gripe water, i have it, and have used it to cure hiccups (which it sooo does by the way) but havent tried giving it to him when he has a fit...jw peoples experiences with it...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey preggers girls: here is my liefesaver tip- stick one or two Binkies in the hospital bag. I know I know, some might say, that they don't want it, but do yourself a favor and have one at the ready (just in case)

We have a pack'n play (Graco) that came with a changing table, mobile (gray teddy bears) and a little music/night light machine (we call it Ben's iPod :blush: ) it plays nature sounds and some cute tunes- he loves it. It's great for travel but we use a bassinet at home.

Humidifier was a lifesaver when he had a cold at 5 weeks.

and you can never have enough burp clothes!

My mother in law told everyone that we have a registry she even put it in the invitations- so we got pretty much everything we needed plus about $500 in gift certificates. We still ended up with 200 onsies he never wore, and about 60 blankets, and some really weird stuff from the smelly neighbour.

something I wouldn't spend any money on with number 2 would be one of these wicked expensive crib sets. Ben never uses the quilt and its a lot cheaper to buy things separate without spending $200.

I love pampers swaddlers and huggies gentle care- they're the softest! Keep receipts for diapers, we too had to exchange a couple newborn diapers.

@Belwin: where do you buy the Enfamil vitamins? Ben spits up the vitamins my pediatrician recommended all the time.

Ok, so today was our first shot day. :crying::crying:

I came up with an alternative vaccination schedule for Ben so he will have his shots spaced out and the Pediatrician ok'ed it.

He only got Polio today but he has never cried so hard and he's still pretty irritated. Poor guy. I don't know how I could have handled more than that.

What vitamins do you use?

I buy Enfamil Vitamins at Target and Walgreens. Pol-Vi-Sol cherry flavor just like the Tylenol drops. http://www.amazon.com/Enfamil-Poly-Vi-Sol-...e/dp/B000FKLGPS

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
carrie, u know, ive read that colicky babies fits normally occur between 5pm and 9pm, which is probably right when he is coming home to you...just think, it will all be over soon...How is his cold doing by the way? Have u tried the gripe water, i have it, and have used it to cure hiccups (which it sooo does by the way) but havent tried giving it to him when he has a fit...jw peoples experiences with it...

Thanks for this great information. I am going to pick some up tommorrow when I go for my prescriptions at Walgreens. My little girl gets hiccups about 3 times a day.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Christina--You are exactly right--we love our twins bunches, but for financial reasons, space reasons (think 850 square feet condo), and not wanting to have another 'high risk pregnancy' reasons, I am so relieved to be having just one baby.

Eveline--I have definitely imagined myself as a mom of 3--that was always the number we talked about. It's being a mom of 4 that I had not imagined. :) However, I know that it is going to be super busy, especially during the newborn stage.

Re: items to ask for on a baby registry. I don't know if you can register for these at big box stores, but I have an ergo carrier and it is fantastic. It is better than a baby bjorn because you can use it longer and it is comfy. Also, it costs only about $10 more.

Kristi

Wow and I thought a 1000 sq ft condo was tight for three. You guys are amazing :):whistle:

I am packing all my breakables and extra stuff for now and storing it at my grandmas. This place is jammed packed.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Jaylyn is getting baptized tomorrow. I will post pictures later. Her dad is freaked out about the dress and says they better not drown her. I laughed so hard because they only pat water on her head. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Congrats!!! I must admit, I am a bit jealous of the sleeping through the night bit :) Declan did sleep 5 hours straight the other night and it was a miracle (although he hasn't given us a repeat performance yet).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yea aside from the colic, i am lucky, since birth regardless if its 7pm or 9pm, he ALWAYS sleeps a 7 hr stretch, wakes up to eat and goes Immediately back to sleep for another 3 hours...everyday!! amazing!! i love it!!

shots are tomorrow.... :(

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Drew is finally sleeping 6-7 hour stretches consistently now...which is a very good thing since I start back to work tomorrow :crying:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Timeline
Congrats!!! I must admit, I am a bit jealous of the sleeping through the night bit :) Declan did sleep 5 hours straight the other night and it was a miracle (although he hasn't given us a repeat performance yet).

Same here the most we get is 4 hours. Ugh. But she did sleep during the whole baptism today for 5 hours.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi ladies,

I had my first OB appt. for this pregnancy today. Wow! I was off about my due date, but in my defense I didn't have a last menstrual period to go on, just a date when I thought I ovulated. So I am 6 weeks instead of 9 weeks with an EDD of February 16th. And I am expecting just ONE baby this time, not two. :)

Kristi

aaww congratz!!! :star:

Hi ladies,

Thanks for posting those lists of registry items. It has helped me as well although I never even thought about half those things... yikes! There is so much I still need to learn.. :wacko:

I have 2 questions: 1) when do people usually have their baby showers? Is it two months before your due date?

My sister is planning mine, I think she wants to have it in late August or early September (except my b-day is in early Sept. and she doesn't want it to coincide). A lot of my friends and relatives are going on vacation in August. Is mid to late September too late for a shower? I'm due Oct. 12.

2) When do you starting adding items to your registry? I want to start now! :lol:

hey girlie!!

Mine was a month before and i started as soon as i found out i was pregnant...i was still kinda am addicted to babiesrus.com

Timeline
Hi all,

I really liked your registry suggestions--the lists will help me get ready for my little one!

FWIW, I just had my baby shower this past weekend and only ONE person bought anything off of my registry!! I now have a ton of books, cozy blankets and lots of cute tiny clothes, but very little of the practical stuff.

As for the big things, I know I will be able to borrow lots of them from family and friends. Other things I have been frequenting Craigslist for: a bouncy seat (found a new one for $12), a swing, a glider chair, etc.

I also found some stuff at garage sales: baby tub, toys (many are new!), more books...

I am focusing this week on big essentials: a crib mattress and a car seat (the one I registered for, by Chicco, was recalled and I'm so disappointed). Any suggestions?

i would go for a travel system....i have this one and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! the stroller is so easy to use it is like puching nothing!! the front wheel doesn't get stuck like on the four wheel strollers and it is so easy to fold and turns so easy!!

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Acella-Tr...3606&sr=1-1

Timeline
hey preggers girls: here is my liefesaver tip- stick one or two Binkies in the hospital bag. I know I know, some might say, that they don't want it, but do yourself a favor and have one at the ready (just in case)

i very much agree with this!! the hospital i was at doesn't hand out binkies anymore...so thank goodness i brought a pack with me they saved my sleep... :lol:

Timeline

Same here the most we get is 4 hours. Ugh. But she did sleep during the whole baptism today for 5 hours.

Figures...when you want her awake she sleeps.... :wacko:

Kaila gets her shots tomorrow....not looking forward to it at all :unsure: