EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Churipu-Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to write about Kavi's check up.

Well he now weighs 8lbs 7 oz! So he gained 2 lbs and 5 oz since being born. Good boy. :) Everything else was fine. He grew longer and his head got bigger too.

Did anyone else's baby have congestion a lot(maybe that's what it is)? Kavi grunts a lot before falling asleep(which I guess is normal) and seems to have thin clear boogers in his nose a lot. We use the nose sucker thing. No fevers and no running nose, and the Dr doesn't think it's anything to worry about. I just wish it would clear up so Kavi wouldn't have to sound congested sometimes. It's been this way since he was born.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Kavi is doing good and growing! He has his 1 month Dr's appt tomorrow (just short of him being 1 month by a couple days). I am excited to see how much he weighs, he definitely feels heavier lately.

We are all doing good, tired but good. I feel a lot better emotionally and it's so refreshing.

Anna-How are you doing?

Sorry I have been missing...just trying to get into some routine. Things are getting better and I am feeling better. I still hate it when I can't figure out why he is crying...especially at 2am :blink: but overall, the last 2 weeks have flown by and we are getting used to each other. Nicholas had a doctors appointment yesterday and he is 9lbs 10oz so he has gained about a pound from his birth weight. Doctor said that is just fine so I guess he likes my milk :blush:

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Got to run...be back asap with more updates!

Good to hear from you! :) I am happy breastfeeding is going well for you! We are still doing formula and pumped breastmilk...but my supply isn't so great and isn't keeping up with his increased eating now. But I am not stressed out about it anymore. :) He is healthy so that's what is important.

Eveline-Awww. I miss feeling the baby inside.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Stina congrats, sounds like he's doing just great!

My friend's baby had the same problem with congestion and it ended up being absolutely nothing. The doc told them to use the nasal thing as you are and also suggested they used a humidifier, sometimes it's the dry air in climatized homes that increases the boogers problem. I will see them this weekend though and will ask more about it. I am sure it's nothing though. :star:

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Hey guys,

Good to read everyone's updates.

We are leaving tomorrow for Florida for a week! YAYAYAY!!!! After a week of the flu, this is EXACTLY what I need :) Hubby is so excited too. The only thing I just thought of .... I wonder if I will need a seatbelt extender on the airplane? I seem to be carrying quite low and that is exactly where the seatbelt would be.

Eveline, isn't it great to feel the baby kick? :) I LOVE IT!!! It seemed to take forever for me to feel the baby, the doc said that was due to my placenta being in the front and cushioning the baby's kicks. Unfortunately, hubby still cannot feel the baby and is sad about that. I don't know if it is that the placenta is cushioning it or what, but I am unable to feel the baby when I place my hand on my belly too. The doc says that it should happen any day though, so we are hoping.

If I don't get a chance to access the Internet, I'll see y'all in a week :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Stina, Mason has the same problem with the congestion.

My doctor says it is very common in babies and asked me to get him a humidifier.

Autumnchick, my placenta was the same way and I didn't feel any kicks for a long time so don't worry.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just went to the doc yesterday and am now starting to go every 2 weeks. I will have my last ultra sound at 37 weeks. The doc talked to me about possibly having a C-section a week before my due date. Things went well. I can't believe I am still sleeping well. I have heard others talk about it getting painful to sleep. I hope I still have a couple of weeks before that comes. :)

you are lucky....i have been having a hard time with sleep....my back hurts...then my arm falls asleep....then i have to pee....then i feel sick to my stomach...the she decides it's time to play....it has not be fun times lately.....

glad to hear things are coming along nicely!!!!why do they want to do a c-section???

i aksed this on the mommy corner page....but have any of you used a sleep positoner??? if so what have you used and how do you like it...

i found one that seemed great at babiesrus....but the reviews are not so great....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2763843

not sure if i want to keep it or take it back and get another one...

Hi Shauna because I am high risk pregnancy. So the doc thinks this maybe the best thing is a csection might be best so no serious illness happen to the little one. I am think I am all for it. It will save me the agony of long labor :)!!

Yes I hope I can continue sleeping well. Like everyone else I go to the bathroom every hour at night. I can't drink much at work because I can leave students unattended. The only thing is that I am very tired after work and go to bed way early.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hi all momma's

this is my 1st preg, am 18 weeks and we are all excited my inlaws will be here next month

dev213pr___.png

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Welcome, Pri!! Congratulations on your pregnancy. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or post any concerns here. Everyone is very open and friendly :luv:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Pri: Congrats...you're only one week ahead of me...Enjoy your pregnancy.

I know this is the baby corner but since some of you sent out congratulations for Adam...here's his birthday picture from today

DSC03823.jpg

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I know this is the baby corner but since some of you sent out congratulations for Adam...here's his birthday picture from today

DSC03823.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like he really loved his cake...Too cute!!! I wanted to write Happy Birthday but I couldn't log on yesterday so I am one day late, Happy belated 1st Birthday Adam! :star:

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Welcome Pri!

Eveline, Adam is adorable :)

Well, ladies, I am in Florida ... trying not to toss my mother's incredibly slow computer across the room :) The best part of my trip so far has been getting to go to Motherhood Maternity (thanks Stina!!!!!!!!) .... I finally have maternity clothes (living in Northern NH, there were NO stores close by and ordering online has not worked well for me in the past). This is so sad, but I am beyond ecstatic to have new jeans that don't hurt my belly and shirts that I actually look pregnant in, not just fat!!!

Enjoy the week :) I may try to check in again just to see what is going on (unless I really do smash this annoying computer! LOL)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Atumnchik-Glad you found a Motherhood Maternity to go to! :)

Eveline-That's really cute! Now I want cake. :P

Congrats Pri!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi all momma's

this is my 1st preg, am 18 weeks and we are all excited my inlaws will be here next month

dev213pr___.png

aaawww congratz!!!! :luv:

DSC03823.jpg

how cute!!!!!!! cake looks good!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just went to the doc yesterday and am now starting to go every 2 weeks. I will have my last ultra sound at 37 weeks. The doc talked to me about possibly having a C-section a week before my due date. Things went well. I can't believe I am still sleeping well. I have heard others talk about it getting painful to sleep. I hope I still have a couple of weeks before that comes. :)

you are lucky....i have been having a hard time with sleep....my back hurts...then my arm falls asleep....then i have to pee....then i feel sick to my stomach...the she decides it's time to play....it has not be fun times lately.....

glad to hear things are coming along nicely!!!!why do they want to do a c-section???

i aksed this on the mommy corner page....but have any of you used a sleep positoner??? if so what have you used and how do you like it...

i found one that seemed great at babiesrus....but the reviews are not so great....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2763843

not sure if i want to keep it or take it back and get another one...

Hi Shauna because I am high risk pregnancy. So the doc thinks this maybe the best thing is a csection might be best so no serious illness happen to the little one. I am think I am all for it. It will save me the agony of long labor :)!!

Yes I hope I can continue sleeping well. Like everyone else I go to the bathroom every hour at night. I can't drink much at work because I can leave students unattended. The only thing is that I am very tired after work and go to bed way early.

best wishes on sleeping....it seems once i get all comfy with all the pillows....i have to go to the bathroom or she starts kicking like she is playing soccer or something.... :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to baby corner Pri....

Adam is so cute. Love the cake pic..

Shauna wow that stinks with sleepless nights. I hope it never gets that way for me. I would never have enough energy to work. I can't wait only 7 weeks to work. I think I will be putting everything together during my spring break. Hubby is painting the babies room next week on his spring break

Hey Ladies.. My mom just told me I might not have a baby shower. Which I am a little bit upset because my brothers girlfriend had one and she had to share it with my bridal shower. So I am cranky.

What are somethings I need to get for her before she is born. What are the essentials. I will be breastfeeding. So far I have a crib and sheets. My mom is buying me a car seat and stroller. We received some used clothes from my brother.

THANKS

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

You will need more than I could remember to list here :lol:

Do you have a Babies R Us nearby? They have a kiosk set up with all kinds of baby and new parent essential information.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived