scottsvisa

depressing depressing depressing

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Me and Kathy haven't been together for a major holiday yet, be it christmas, new years or Chinese new year. This year, we'll get to bring in the new year together just as you. I am in complete agreement, it's a special thing to start 2008 together, hoping it will be the year we begin our lives together. :)

we've known each other for more than four years... been together for almost three... still no Christmases together :(

doesn't bother me HUGELY, though I'm looking forward to Christmas 2008 - he's already invited all the family to ours :lol:

and of course this year I get the unexpected bonus surprise of New Year in Paris :)

I don't go in much for New Year celebrations, but if I had to pick one of the two (ie Christmas or New Year), I think I'd pick New Year; it's sort of fitting that we'll get to start 2008 together, when it's the year we're going to start our lives together :)

Together - Forever!!

============================

Knew eachother in August 2005

First trip in January 2007

Second trip in July 2007

Tried F1 student visa in August 2007, denied

Engaged in September 2007, WOW

Third trip in January 2008

K1 visa approved in July 2008

Fourth trip in July 2008

Arrived in the U.S. in August 2008

Parents visited U.S. in October 2008

Looking forward to visit China in July, 2009

----------------------------------------------

September 24th, 2007 - Sent Petition to CSC

November 7th, 2007 - Issued NOA1

November 13th, 2007 - Received NOA1 hardcopy in hand (48 days)

February 13th, 2008 - Issued NOA2

February 16th, 2008 - Received NOA2 hardcopy in hand (143 days)

February 29th, 2008 - NVC mailed our Petition to GUZ

April 22nd, 2008 - GUZ received our Petition

May 9th, 2008 - Received P3 from GUZ (226 days)

June 7th, 2008 - Received P4 from GUZ

July 3rd, 2008 - Seal the Medical Packet in Shanghai

July 7th, 2008 - INTERVIEW DATE!!! (285 days) PASS

July 9th, 2008 - Visa in Hand

August 1st, 2008 - Entry to the US, TOGETHER AT LAST!

October 3rd, 2008 - Our Wedding Day

October 31, 2008 - Sent Adjustment of Status documents

December 5, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

January 13, 2009 - Travel Document approved

January 21, 2009 - Employment Authorization approved

April 23, 2009 - Green Card approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree with the previous posts. Don't take the risk. Next Christmas will make up for this rough holiday season. Next year this time you will be with your SO, you'll be married and you'll have a lovely Christmas and New Year's.

I feel your pain and I'm sure lots of others here do too.

You'll make it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

I agree with the previous posts. Don't take the risk. Next Christmas will make up for this rough holiday season. Next year this time you will be with your SO, you'll be married and you'll have a lovely Christmas and New Year's.

I feel your pain and I'm sure lots of others here do too.

You'll make it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

Thanks very much for your post

your right I don't want to risk anything I would be devastated if i didn't get my visa coz of one short trip to the States. I'm just so desperate for some kind of solution but i don't think I will find one :(

I will be there eventually but the sooner the better

K-1 Visa

Event...................................Date

Service Center : .............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :.....................London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :....................2007-05-17

I-129F NOA1 :..................2007-05-21

I-129F NOA2 :..................2007-08-17

NVC Received :................2007-08-24

Packet 3 Received :...... ..2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent :............... .2007-11-15

Medical :...........................2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received :.........2008-01-28

Interview Date :................2008-02-12

Visa Received :.................2008-02-15

US Entry : .........................2008-02-16

Marriage : ........................2008-04-19

AOS

AOS I-485 : ......................2008-05-09

EAD I-765 : ......................2008-05-09

Biometrics : ....................2008-06-10

Transferred :.....................2008-08-08

Card production ordered:..2008-09-04

EAD arrived :....................2008-09-12

RFE Notice :....................2008-10-08

Got VISA :........................2008-11-09

ROC

ROC I-751 : .....................2010-08-17

NOA 1.....: .......................2010-08-20

BIO.......: ..........................2010-11-

Approved..: .....................2010-12-03

N-400

Date Filed: ......................2019-07-09

Biometrics:.....................2019-08-01

Filed: Timeline
your right I don't want to risk anything I would be devastated if i didn't get my visa coz of one short trip to the States. I'm just so desperate for some kind of solution but i don't think I will find one :(

Just to be clear, this is a very unlikely situation. The only thing that would jeopardize your K-1 is if you were caught trying to enter the US fraudulently, or if you overstayed your VWP visa. Being put back on a plane because they think you've visited too often on the VWP will not jeopardize your K-1.

As I see it, your bigger issue is simply the heartache and expense of being put back on the next flight instead of spending Christmas with your SO.

Chin up, you have a lot of Christmases in your future in which you'll be together!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I agree qith the others about holding off on coming to the US again. My fiance did two near 90 day visits on the VWP, with 2 mos. in between, then waited 3 & 1/2 months before coming over agian and was grilled in secondary for visiting too often. Frankly, I am surprised you've been allowed 4 such visits! And envious, as my fiance would have come back for another visit had they not told him to stay out of the US until he had a visa.

But like Mox said, being turned away on the VWP will not jeopardize your K1 visa. It will however cost you lots of money, since you are sent home on the first flight back to the UK at your expense! Bring your sweetie to the UK for the hols if you can't wait! Even with the exchange rate, I'd hazard a guess it'd be cheaper than getting turned away in the US. Plus, the heartbreak of that getting turned away scenario is too killer for me! How bad would that suck??

For us, we had last Christmas together, but not this year. Its really sad for me and him, but I'm heading over mid-January and spending a week then to have a belated Christmas. With any luck he'll be back with me on his K1 visa within a month of that!

You're in the home stretch now Scott! You can make it!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I met my fiance right before Christmas 2006 and we had our first date on December 30th :) He is coming to Poland for Christmas and New Year'e Eve now and I am soooo happy. We have a lot to celebrate :)

wow yeah, it woulda been :)

pretty cool anniversary, too :D

I don´t really understand how it´s meant with the exchange rate. She buys a ticket for dollars so she doesn´t need to exchange money for that and you can pay stuff in UK with pounds so noone has to exchange anything. Or am I missing something?

Personally if I were you I´d be pretty sure that I was gonna be turned away at the POE which I would never like to go through but that´s just me sometimes I am too suspicious about things lol. But I am not you and you are not me so they might still let you in. I wouldn´t risk it though I think.

It doesn´t even occur to me that Xmas is so soon this year anyways. So much excitement going on these days that Xmas is just kind of passing by me lol. We spent last Xmas together and spent a lot of time together this year. And in Nov/Dec Scott was visiting here and left like a week ago and we will be together in a month I think. So not pushing Xmas this year. I wouldn´t even pay the crazy amount of money they ask for some Xmas plane tickets. And also these days when Xmas in stores start almost in September it feels like it´s been Xmas for a couple of months already. And we have been to some stores and look at crazy things lol. Besides we are always online together so we are spending everything together anyways.

If you decide to go I wish you good luck and have fun :thumbs::dance::dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How close to the Canadian border is your S/O? If it is fairly close try flying into Canada and then crossing the border to see her. If they do refuse you entry they will just tell you to stay in Canada thus you are still close enough for her to see you xmas day and you do not have the worry of expensive return flights forced on you at an american airport?

Like many others I am in heartbreak over the fact that I can not be with my loved one this xmas as like you I have no ties so working on that at the moment by getting a job etc but I wish you all the best of luck in trying to see your SO :)

Thanks every one for all the advice Its all been very useful. I'm still contemplating what i should do but i guarantee any information that is in this thread will be used.

I have been given a bit of a boost in confidence and will keep searching for more information on my options

I agree qith the others about holding off on coming to the US again. My fiance did two near 90 day visits on the VWP, with 2 mos. in between, then waited 3 & 1/2 months before coming over agian and was grilled in secondary for visiting too often. Frankly, I am surprised you've been allowed 4 such visits! And envious, as my fiance would have come back for another visit had they not told him to stay out of the US until he had a visa.

But like Mox said, being turned away on the VWP will not jeopardize your K1 visa. It will however cost you lots of money, since you are sent home on the first flight back to the UK at your expense! Bring your sweetie to the UK for the hols if you can't wait! Even with the exchange rate, I'd hazard a guess it'd be cheaper than getting turned away in the US. Plus, the heartbreak of that getting turned away scenario is too killer for me! How bad would that suck??

For us, we had last Christmas together, but not this year. Its really sad for me and him, but I'm heading over mid-January and spending a week then to have a belated Christmas. With any luck he'll be back with me on his K1 visa within a month of that!

You're in the home stretch now Scott! You can make it!!

You always seem to come up with an answer that helps me out JULEZABELLE

So everyone is sure that getting turned away at point of entry will not jeopardise my K1

and the worst is they will interrogate me and make me pay for a flight back to the UK ?

Edited by scottsvisa

K-1 Visa

Event...................................Date

Service Center : .............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :.....................London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :....................2007-05-17

I-129F NOA1 :..................2007-05-21

I-129F NOA2 :..................2007-08-17

NVC Received :................2007-08-24

Packet 3 Received :...... ..2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent :............... .2007-11-15

Medical :...........................2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received :.........2008-01-28

Interview Date :................2008-02-12

Visa Received :.................2008-02-15

US Entry : .........................2008-02-16

Marriage : ........................2008-04-19

AOS

AOS I-485 : ......................2008-05-09

EAD I-765 : ......................2008-05-09

Biometrics : ....................2008-06-10

Transferred :.....................2008-08-08

Card production ordered:..2008-09-04

EAD arrived :....................2008-09-12

RFE Notice :....................2008-10-08

Got VISA :........................2008-11-09

ROC

ROC I-751 : .....................2010-08-17

NOA 1.....: .......................2010-08-20

BIO.......: ..........................2010-11-

Approved..: .....................2010-12-03

N-400

Date Filed: ......................2019-07-09

Biometrics:.....................2019-08-01

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks every one for all the advice Its all been very useful. I'm still contemplating what i should do but i guarantee any information that is in this thread will be used.

I have been given a bit of a boost in confidence and will keep searching for more information on my options

You always seem to come up with an answer that helps me out JULEZABELLE

So everyone is sure that getting turned away at point of entry will not jeopardise my K1

and the worst is they will interrogate me and make me pay for a flight back to the UK ?

I'm glad I can be of help, Scott.

Regarding your question that I bolded above, the answer is yes, that is the worst that will happen. It has happened to UK VJers in the past and it has not interfered with the K1 whatsoever.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Possible to meet midway?

If our process takes longer than we're expecting (8mths)

I might make a trip to canada...

Depends where your FI is in the US if it's worth your while

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.