Good day, I would try to keep my questions short,
So i came into the states for the first time in October Last year, stayed for about 3weeks and went back home.
I returned again in January, but was given just two months to stay at the port of entry, cos they thought i had suspicious motives for coming back too soon.
In February i met my husband, we got married in June,
Now my dilemma is, we did a court wedding where just two of us went, i didn't know what immigration procedure was like, hence we did not take pictures, Cos we are still planning on doing the traditional wedding and white wedding where our family and friends would be present. I initially thought all we needed was the marriage certificate to show proof, but apparently we need a whole lot more than that.
Secondly, we just started to live together, and i do not have a social security, so i have no bank account, i don't work so i cannot pay any utility bills.
He makes very good money and that covers us.
To sum up this history, my questions are
1. Is it too early to file for a change of status after just about 2 months of marriage?
2. Would our lack of pictures be a problem?
3. What initial evidence do i need to submit so as to get the whole process started.
4. Do i need a lot of proof at this very initial stage of submission?
5. Can anyone recommend an immigration lawyer, very good one? Is it even necessary to use one?
Lastly, i know that before our interview we would have been able to gather a whole lot more, but i just want to know what i need to get started now, so i can send my application in.
I would really appreciate it if my questions are answered in detail.
Thanks in advance guys