Our second case is at the NVC and we have been given a Case Number. Soon it will be shipped to the Guangzhou Consulate(GUZ). We had an awful lawyer and we had the law firm removed at this stage. We now need to plan for the K-1 interview and wanted to get another lawyer , who is based in Beijing to prepare my fiance for the interview. These are the questions we are seeking answers to:
1. My fiance mentioned he had a girlfriend at a tourist visa(he was denied) to visit the U.S.A. during our first K-1 visa application(this application was allowed to expired because the GUZ returned it to the NVC for clariifcation with the USCIS). His parents wanted him to marry a girl to fulfill a Chinese custom of family.
How can he explain this "girlfriend" at the interview stage--will explaining this with a letter stating what his parents wanted him to do this be all right?
2. His second tourist visa application was denied, too. The second K-1 was pending at this time.
3. He knows about my criminal background and all have been cleared up and expunged. This caused the GUZ to return the first petition because it was sealed(none of the offenses were invalid per USCIS/DOS regulations) back to the USCIS--this caused it to expired(our lawyer miscalcuated many things and this was one of them.) My fiancehas all documents.
4. Any idea how much a lawyer may ask to prepare for the interview since most of the filing and work and documentation is completed?
5. We are a mixed race same sex couple. Any has information about the GUZ professionalism possibly to us? They treat straight people horribly, I heard.
We thank everyone who responded respecfully and helpfully.