kiritoty

I130 divorce certificate upload question.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, this maybe stupid question, but I still want to post here to make sure I didn't miss it. I was filling i130 form online for my spouse. (I'm petitioner). I was reading from reddit, there is a section to upload "evidence of the end of your spouse's prior marriage(s)", they also include a screenshot (attached below). But by looking at my i130 online form, I didn't find this section. Do I miss anything? or USCIS change the form. 

image.png.37cad4c243868ed5c0c33c45a2fc077a.png

Also by go through application, I only see we need upload proof of us citizenship, proof of marriage, 2x2 passport photo, additional proof of marriage, i-130A. Should I also include my spouse birth certificate?  if so, where to upload it? 

it looks like paper form is much easier to deal with since instruction on paper form is clear and you can attach any documents at the end. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, kiritoty said:

Hi, this maybe stupid question, but I still want to post here to make sure I didn't miss it. I was filling i130 form online for my spouse. (I'm petitioner). I was reading from reddit, there is a section to upload "evidence of the end of your spouse's prior marriage(s)", they also include a screenshot (attached below). But by looking at my i130 online form, I didn't find this section. Do I miss anything? or USCIS change the form. 

image.png.37cad4c243868ed5c0c33c45a2fc077a.png

Also by go through application, I only see we need upload proof of us citizenship, proof of marriage, 2x2 passport photo, additional proof of marriage, i-130A. Should I also include my spouse birth certificate?  if so, where to upload it? 

it looks like paper form is much easier to deal with since instruction on paper form is clear and you can attach any documents at the end. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

What to upload is made clear in the I-130 instructions you can download separately.  Stick with official instructions.  Your spouse's Notarial Birth Certificate will be needed at the next stage.  Notarial Divorce decrees for spouse and certified copies of divorce decrees for petitioner are required with the petition.  Of course, the form itself asks about the former spouse's name and date of divorce for both of you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
46 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What to upload is made clear in the I-130 instructions you can download separately.  Stick with official instructions.  Your spouse's Notarial Birth Certificate will be needed at the next stage.  Notarial Divorce decrees for spouse and certified copies of divorce decrees for petitioner are required with the petition.  Of course, the form itself asks about the former spouse's name and date of divorce for both of you.

Thanks ! I just can't find where to upload notarial divorce decrees. Online system doesn't have section for it. I guess I can upload notarial divorce decrees for my spouse with i-130a section. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, kiritoty said:

Thanks ! I just can't find where to upload notarial divorce decrees. Online system doesn't have section for it. I guess I can upload notarial divorce decrees for my spouse with i-130a section. 

They are additional documentation, not required for all I-130 filings, but definitely ALL filings for spouse.  Be sure to include cover to cover of the Gong Zheng Chu documents.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.