Skouri

Parent Immigration Visa Process Question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I have question regarding my parent's Immigration visa process. I submitted I-130 for both my parent as i am US Citizen, My father case been approved and forwarded to NVC in august 2017 and not my Mother's case. When i check the USCIS it shows that my mother case still pending,  I am confused are both my parent supposed to be under same case number in NVC or they supposed to have a separate case numbers.

Thank you in advance!

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Timeline

Yeah I filled them in separate envolopes, they both went to Texas, so I am not sure what’s going on , I keep checking the uscis website I still see the same update” the case is received in February 2017 and we sent you the receipt” I even called the uscis and I got no help .. not what to do because i have not proceeded with my father case since i am waiting for my mother to get approved and forwarded to NVC if someone had gone through the same thing .. it will be helpful to get some insights.

thank you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Skouri said:

Yeah I filled them in separate envolopes, they both went to Texas, so I am not sure what’s going on , I keep checking the uscis website I still see the same update” the case is received in February 2017 and we sent you the receipt” I even called the uscis and I got no help .. not what to do because i have not proceeded with my father case since i am waiting for my mother to get approved and forwarded to NVC if someone had gone through the same thing .. it will be helpful to get some insights.

thank you. 

Should have sent them together in the same envelope.  That would have increased the chance that they would be close together as the SRC# would have been sequential

YMMV

Timeline
31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Should have sent them together in the same envelope.  That would have increased the chance that they would be close together as the SRC# would have been sequential

Yeah I should of, thought that when it said separate applications petition that mean different envelopes as well.

37 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

The visa applications for your parents are individual, stand alone petitions.. one is  not tied in any way to the other.. hence the different processing times.. you can slow down your fathers at the NVC stage by delaying the submission of the DS260, supporting documents  etc and the payment of fees etc if you want to...... but they will always be separate and processed separately...

Thank you, I think i will just start my dad process and wait to hear back about my mom from USCIS.

Another Question for the Affidavit of Support, should i file I-864EZ or I-864?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dee elle said:

The visa applications for your parents are individual, stand alone petitions.. one is  not tied in any way to the other.. hence the different processing times.. you can slow down your fathers at the NVC stage by delaying the submission of the DS260, supporting documents  etc and the payment of fees etc if you want to...... but they will always be separate and processed separately...

If you do this make sure you contact NVC by phone or email on a regular basis so keep the case open / advice to do this came with a letter i got from NVC / do not let the one case age out

Hi everyone,

I got my Immigration petition i130 filed in Jan 2004 through an attorney, and finally it got it approved in 2007. The problem which I faced and which gradually held me back for the proceedings of my case was that the petitioner (my father) was lagging in filing his Tax returns since 2008 and is still unable to till date and hence I was also considering my case done and dusted due to the mentioned, however just a few months back I received a correspondence from the US embassy in Islamabad Pakistan asking me about the proceedings of my case. My question is that if petitioner/filer is my father and I need AOS (affidavit of support) can i use AOS of my step mom in USA? if yes then kindly provide details how can i proceed my case here on while petitioner is my father and AOS is given to me by someone else. If nothing can happen i can put some heaps of soil on it.

Thanks in advance

--

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nofear said:

Hi everyone,

I got my Immigration petition i130 filed in Jan 2004 through an attorney, and finally it got it approved in 2007. The problem which I faced and which gradually held me back for the proceedings of my case was that the petitioner (my father) was lagging in filing his Tax returns since 2008 and is still unable to till date and hence I was also considering my case done and dusted due to the mentioned, however just a few months back I received a correspondence from the US embassy in Islamabad Pakistan asking me about the proceedings of my case. My question is that if petitioner/filer is my father and I need AOS (affidavit of support) can i use AOS of my step mom in USA? if yes then kindly provide details how can i proceed my case here on while petitioner is my father and AOS is given to me by someone else. If nothing can happen i can put some heaps of soil on it.

Thanks in advance

--

she can be the co sponsor, but your dad is the primary sponsor, and you will have the same problem if they file jointly, you still need your dad's taxes. he is the one that needs to prove that you won't be a public charge, as he is the petitioner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.