31 posts in this topic

Just now, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

that's great. we're still up in the air about them coming at the same time. we may be doing k2 follow to join with them, My fiance kinda wants them to finish the school year there then we'll go back and get them. So right now that still is undecided. Guess doing it that way will spread out the cost for AOS a little. Cause that's going to be expensive. Cause we'll have to have someone take them back to manila for there medical and then again for there interview. If we do regular K2 then it only good for 6 months from approved date, if im correct. If my fiance doesn't have her AP before then then we have to file I-130 and be away from them longer. which I do not want.

he school year there ends in March.  I had the same problem.  The kids decided to go ASAP as they realized they would be taking placement tests anyway so finishing the school year really doesnt matter.

The kids are not included in the petition?  Does it cost more to add them later or doesnt it matter?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

he school year there ends in March.  I had the same problem.  The kids decided to go ASAP as they realized they would be taking placement tests anyway so finishing the school year really doesnt matter.

The kids are not included in the petition?  Does it cost more to add them later or doesnt it matter?

The kids are included in petition. With that we can file for there visa at the same time or file follow to join which gives us a year instead of six months. But like I said, with follow to join we have to fly them to manila twice with there grandmother because she will be their legal guardian there. Once for their medical and once for their interview. Because if they do medical at same time as my fiance, it only good for 6 months. At least that what i got out of reading about the k2 follow to join. So maybe I'll push a little harder on them coming at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

The kids are included in petition. With that we can file for there visa at the same time or file follow to join which gives us a year instead of six months. But like I said, with follow to join we have to fly them to manila twice with there grandmother because she will be their legal guardian there. Once for their medical and once for their interview. Because if they do medical at same time as my fiance, it only good for 6 months. At least that what i got out of reading about the k2 follow to join. So maybe I'll push a little harder on them coming at the same time. 

Dont forget the CFO!!!  That has burned a few people in the past!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Dont forget the CFO!!!  That has burned a few people in the past!

Ya we'll schedule that when she has to go to manila for her medical.

2 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

Ya we'll schedule that when she has to go to manila for her medical.

Keep in mind that those appointments are about a month out so plan ahead!

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Keep in mind that those appointments are about a month out so plan ahead!

for sure thanks for the heads up on that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

So I filed for my fiance and received NOA1 on June 12th 2017. So I know we are getting close to our date for it to get looked at. So i was looking at my saved copy on my computer and i noticed I left off her passport number and expiration date. :(  Will my petition be denied or will they send RFE? This has been killing me the last few days. Us and our Kids just want our family to be together again, hoping i don't have to start over.:unsure: thanks for any Advice you can give.

I’m pretty sure I did not put my fiancé’s passport number on my petition and we did not get an RFE. It was asked for with the actual visa application after the petition is approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

SO I checked on the CFO, looks like the little ones do not need it because they are under 12.

I'm also June 12 so hopefully we get approved on the same day! Hehe

Timeline

It'll probably get RFE if photocopy of her passport is required. 

Getting RFE isn't bad, you just need to do what they ask you to do and that's all. 

*We met online in a dating site - 2/10/2015

*We met in person at the Laguindingan Airport - 2/11/2016

*We got engaged! 2/19/2016

*I returned Back home - 2/25/2016

*Filed the I-129F petition - 3/11/2016

*USCIS Received my package 3/14/2016
*USCIS I-129F opened the package - 3/17/2016
*I-129F Petition fee paid $340.00 USD - 3/17/2016
*NOA1 Received in mail - 3/21/2016

*RFE Was issued - 6/08/2016

*Replied to RFE - 6/16/2016

*USCIS Started reviewing my RFE reply - 6/20/2016

*I-129F Petition approved - 6/25/2016

*Received NOA2 in the mail 7/1/2016

*Mailed package out to my Fiancee - 7/20/2016

*NVC case number was created - 7/21/2016

*Case in transit to the Consular Section - 7/21/2016

*Case is ready for setting up interview - 7/26/16

*My package was delivered to my Fiancee - 7/27/2016

*Paid $240.00 USD fee 7/29/2016

*My Fiancee traveled to Manila 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee has taken Medical 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee passed the Medical 8/17/2016

*My Fiancee Passed Interview - 8/22/2016

*I have traveled to the Philippines 9/21/2016

*I had to return home 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee arrived in the United States - 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee and I have finally got married - 11/09/2016

16 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

My fiance Rizalyn and our daughters Chelsea and Venus live in Narra, Palawan. Me and our other 2 Nathan and Natalie are in Arizona. But her sister lives in Manila so we are hoping to be able to pick up visa at the 2Go in MOA as well.

I'll be sure to check out that link.

Why would your daughter need a interview to pick up a visa? She should be able to get a US Passport.

I would be looking to move to Palawan instead of coming to the USA. Palawan is a tropical paradise.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Why would your daughter need a interview to pick up a visa? She should be able to get a US Passport.

I would be looking to move to Palawan instead of coming to the USA. Palawan is a tropical paradise.

Sorry, was talking about my fiance staying at her sisters house in Manila to pick up her visa there. Read that they will still have to interview for visa, which i thought was silly for a 5 and 8 year old. 

And as far as moving to Palawan, The only thing keeping that from happening is the ex wife. Unless she would let me take my 2 kids. we love it there. 

Edited by Shawn & Rizalyn

1 hour ago, K1_Journey said:

Inaccurate, however i think what you mean or misinterpreted is kids under a certain age are not required to attend the CFO seminar, the kids are however required to have a CFO sticker in their passport in order to leave the Philippines no matter what age.

So under 12 just gets the stamp without the peer counseling?

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
32 minutes ago, K1_Journey said:

Correct... Although the CFO website says "Should" register, from what I have read from other people attempting to depart with children without the CFO stamp the airport will not allow Filipino citizens of any age to depart without the CFO stamp in their passport. You can try departing without the CFO stamp, but if they deny departure without it, then not only will you need to reschedule the child's flight but also whoever is flying with them, which could be very costly, It's like $8 (400 peso) for the CFO fee so is it worth trying to leave without it?

A. What is the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) in CFO?
Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or Peer Counseling Session. Topics discussed include travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.

D. Who are exempted from PDOS?
The following emigrants are exempted from attending the PDOS, but should still register in person or by an authorized representative:

• Minors aged 12 and below;
  • Senior citizens (60 years old and above);
  • Those incapacitated due to permanent or long-term ailments; or
  • Those with mental health issues or psychologically-challenged.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html

Good to know thanks. So when my fiance does her cfo and gets her stamp, she should be able to get the kids passports stamped and they don't need to be with her since she would be authorized representative.

can you give me more info on this red ribbon power authorization or a link to anything?

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1_Journey said:

She will need to schedule the kids also i think, even though they wont be attending the actual seminar, and not sure if they are required to be with her or not, but she may want to call CFO to confirm the procedure for minor.

I see you are in Phoenix, I'm in Las Vegas, so your's and our regional Philippine embassy is Los Angeles. Me and my wife have made a few trips to this embassy, plan on arriving when they open at 9am and a full day there even though the lines are fairly short maybe 30 minutes, but you will need to return after 3pm when they release the documents. Later when I arrive home from work I can attach a generic copy of the Special Power of Attorney (AKA: SPA) we wrote up based on a sample, after I remove-alter our personal info, so you can write your own in Microsoft Word. After you and your wife are married in the US, you will also need to bring your marriage certificate and go to this embassy to register her marriage its required by the Philippine government.

Consulate General of the Republic of the Philippines
Suite 550 (Fifth Floor), Equitable Plaza Building 
3435 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90010

Red Ribbon Notarization service
http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/notarials/notarization-of-a-private-document

Report of marriage

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/civil-registry-2/report-of-marriage-of-a-filipino-abroad

ok so we get the special power of attorney here after she comes home. nothing else she has to do for it?

so i guess we can wait until we are married and take care of both the power of attorney and register marriage on the same day.

I'll call her on her lunch break and let her know about calling cfo to ask about whether the kids need to go with her or not. 

One more question, affidavit of support. Which does she need for the interview is it I-134 or I--864? I was looking at the on what to prepare for interview and it looks like it is I-864 instead of I-134 like when I filed the petition. And im pretty sure I need to fill one out for her and each of the girls.

Thanks Michael, you and John have been a big help.

Edited by Shawn & Rizalyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.