Jump to content
RO_AH

Filing i-130 Wife Pregnant

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On my trip to the Philippines to get married we also made a baby :) So now that I am back and getting ready to file the I-130. I am just curious how this will work. I assume I will be filing as normal since there is no baby in the picture yet. But of course by the time of interview and then travel she will have a child. Is there anything that I will need to do? Will I need to submit additional forms once the baby is born?

 

I am already planning on going through the process of getting dual citizenship and passports for our baby before they come here, just curious how the I-130 process will work in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

On my trip to the Philippines to get married we also made a baby :) So now that I am back and getting ready to file the I-130. I am just curious how this will work. I assume I will be filing as normal since there is no baby in the picture yet. But of course by the time of interview and then travel she will have a child. Is there anything that I will need to do? Will I need to submit additional forms once the baby is born?

 

I am already planning on going through the process of getting dual citizenship and passports for our baby before they come here, just curious how the I-130 process will work in this case.

No additional paperwork will be needed at all so don't worry about that at this time. When the child is born make sure you do file for dual citizenship and do the CRBA process.

 

 

Congratulations:jest:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

No additional paperwork will be needed at all so don't worry about that at this time. When the child is born make sure you do file for dual citizenship and do the CRBA process.

And be sure to get the child a US passport, not just the CRBA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, broppy said:

And be sure to get the child a US passport, not just the CRBA!

Well I kinda figured he was going to do that since he said about dual-citizenship. He is a regular commentator in the Philippines Sub-forum and usually very prepared. So he should have no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Well I kinda figured he was going to do that since he said about dual-citizenship. He is a regular commentator in the Philippines Sub-forum and usually very prepared. So he should have no problem.

Yeah, but he did ask the question. To be more clear, you can apply for a US passport at the same time as the CRBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RO_AH said:

On my trip to the Philippines to get married we also made a baby :) So now that I am back and getting ready to file the I-130. I am just curious how this will work. I assume I will be filing as normal since there is no baby in the picture yet. But of course by the time of interview and then travel she will have a child. Is there anything that I will need to do? Will I need to submit additional forms once the baby is born?

 

I am already planning on going through the process of getting dual citizenship and passports for our baby before they come here, just curious how the I-130 process will work in this case.

For the child you will complete CRBA and apply for the U.S. passport.  At the same time head over to DFA to apply for the child's Philippine passport... that is the KISS way.   The child is a dual citizen by birth nothing to apply for there.. some of the "outer" DFA offices try to say they need a Recognition Certificate, but in reality not necessary according to those at the DFA office in Manila).   

If you are in the metro Manila area the Aseana DFA office is very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

For the child you will complete CRBA and apply for the U.S. passport.  At the same time head over to DFA to apply for the child's Philippine passport... that is the KISS way.   The child is a dual citizen by birth nothing to apply for there.. some of the "outer" DFA offices try to say they need a Recognition Certificate, but in reality not necessary according to those at the DFA office in Manila).   

If you are in the metro Manila area the Aseana DFA office is very good.

I just wasn't thinking clearly and I guess answered my own question in my first post. Since my child will be a USC and have a US passport no immigration is necessary. Duh Thanks for the advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I just wasn't thinking clearly and I guess answered my own question in my first post. Since my child will be a USC and have a US passport no immigration is necessary. Duh Thanks for the advice!

I forgot to included links in the earlier post.

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/crba/?_ga=2.152639929.1071618125.1507860150-1822561796.1505266023

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2017/01/CITIZENSHIP-CRBA-Checklist-2017-January.pdf?_ga=2.152639929.1071618125.1507860150-1822561796.1505266023

 

For DFA, show up with the child, no appointment required.

 

NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED for the following:

  1. Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
  2. Person with Disability (PWDs) with PWD ID or visible disability
  3. Solo Parent with Valid Solo Parent ID
  4. Pregnant women with medical certificate
  5. Minors seven (7) years old and below

You may avail of the PRIORITY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Satellite Office or Regional Consular Office to apply for your passport

 

https://www.passport.gov.ph/

 

https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/courtesy-lane

Edited by Hank_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

For the child you will complete CRBA and apply for the U.S. passport.  At the same time head over to DFA to apply for the child's Philippine passport... that is the KISS way.

I guess when I go after the baby is born I can stay in Manila a day or two and get this all taken care of. I read all about CRBA months ago because I knew there would be a good possibility that she would get pregnant. I am assuming that if I have my appointment and all required documents and pictures it will get done in a few hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I guess when I go after the baby is born I can stay in Manila a day or two and get this all taken care of. I read all about CRBA months ago because I knew there would be a good possibility that she would get pregnant. I am assuming that if I have my appointment and all required documents and pictures it will get done in a few hours?

Normally CRBA is a one stop deal, and you should be done in a couple hours.   Then complete the passport application at DFA, like said Aseana is good, wife got her new passport with 14 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×