Tom Lype

Anyone waiting on Oath Ceremony with Name Change

3 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I had my citizenship (with a name change request on the form) interview in Mid May'17 in Fairfax field office (D.C. area) and got the approval letter. FO said that I should have my oath ceremony within 4 weeks. My online status still shows 'Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled' since the second week of June'17 and no updates after that. Not sure how much longer the wait will be. Is anyone else who has a name change request can let me know how long they have to wait for Oath Ceremony (most likely in Alexandria court) after attending the Citizenship interview at Fairfax field office. Thanks.

since you have a name change with your n 400 you have to take the oath before an immigration judge instead of just an immigration officer this can cause a delay since not every oath ceremony has a judge involved.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware of that the oath ceremony will be conducted at Alexandria Court (D.C. area) in front of the judge for the name change applicants. What I am looking for is the timeline it took for similar cases in the D.C. area. 

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.