PrincyE

Lost mail international

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello I mailed the required documents to my fiance for his interview with the embassy and they were sent via USPS. I did priority shipping and it reached Ghana within 5 days but they updated a status today that says  -Missed delivery - Scheduled for another delivery attempt today,
GHANA.- Has anyone who's mailed things international or to Ghana seen this before and knows what it means ? The package is auppose to go to a PO box in the town he lives in.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, PrincyE said:

Hello I mailed the required documents to my fiance for his interview with the embassy and they were sent via USPS. I did priority shipping and it reached Ghana within 5 days but they updated a status today that says  -Missed delivery - Scheduled for another delivery attempt today,
GHANA.- Has anyone who's mailed things international or to Ghana seen this before and knows what it means ? The package is auppose to go to a PO box in the town he lives in.

He will need go to post office keep bugging the hell out of them, be prepared to pay a fee , aka bribe, most dishonest system on earth Is the post office . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Resend everything through DHL. You won't get that mail. I sent financial information to my then fiance in 2015 and has still not received it.

Never send important documents through USPS. USPS has no authority there so they hand over the mails to the local post and they do whatever they want with it.

My fiance went to the central post office where it showed that the mail was but could find it even at the point of willing to bribe someone it wasnt found. The sad truth is that, some of the employees open the mails and to look for money then trash your mail. that's the unfortunate situation there.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:33 PM, Jenilyn and Awal said:

He will need go to post office keep bugging the hell out of them, be prepared to pay a fee , aka bribe, most dishonest system on earth Is the post office . 

Some times that doesn't even help. because it will show that your mail has been opened and they will be in trouble so they throw it away.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Resend everything through DHL. You won't get that mail. I sent financial information to my then fiance in 2015 and has still not received it.

Never send important documents through USPS. USPS has no authority there so they hand over the mails to the local post and they do whatever they want with it.

My fiance went to the central post office where it showed that the mail was but could find it even at the point of willing to bribe someone it wasnt found. The sad truth is that, some of the employees open the mails and to look for money then trash your mail. that's the unfortunate situation there.

Some times that doesn't even help. because it will show that your mail has been opened and they will be in trouble so they throw it away.

It got their in 5 days we Thank God!

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please i would like your advise. My fiancee sent my documents on 6th of Oct. via USPS (PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS) . They told her it will get to me 3- 5days. I tracked the documents on October 10, 2017, it says the  item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.  The item is currently in transit to the destination.  Please do you have an idea if the document will get to me before my interview. I'm  worried because my interview is very close.

Timeline
9 hours ago, charly101 said:

Please i would like your advise. My fiancee sent my documents on 6th of Oct. via USPS (PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS) . They told her it will get to me 3- 5days. I tracked the documents on October 10, 2017, it says the  item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.  The item is currently in transit to the destination.  Please do you have an idea if the document will get to me before my interview. I'm  worried because my interview is very close.

It takes 7 to ten days mostly because it goes through customs in new yoork. I sent my husband a document last week same way and it’s in Accra  today. Us mail is worst way to send important documents , if it’s got to be on time fed ex  it

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

It takes 7 to ten days mostly because it goes through customs in new yoork. I sent my husband a document last week same way and it’s in Accra  today. Us mail is worst way to send important documents , if it’s got to be on time fed ex  it

Thank you. My visa appointment is next week.  I don't know if i will receive it before then however i checked today and it still says in transit to its destination.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, charly101 said:

Thank you. My visa appointment is next week.  I don't know if i will receive it before then however i checked today and it still says in transit to its destination.

You could over nite a new copy  dsl or fed ex and get it or call the post office because if they miss a scan it will still say that. I oils call your post office first. 

On 7/7/2017 at 11:33 PM, Jenilyn and Awal said:

Ghana too???  In the Philippines the person delivering mail and packages, even if you pick them up at the postal office as for a "delivery fee" or they won't give the mail. The fee is based on what the person believes the mail is worth to the recipient. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 hours ago, charly101 said:

The problem with the USPS is that they stop any responsibility for the package once it leaves the states.  I paid the insurance and when the package was lost in the Philippines they said that I can't claim anything since it was out of their control.  Use a courier service for important papers.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

You could over nite a new copy  dsl or fed ex and get it or call the post office because if they miss a scan it will still say that. I oils call your post office first. 

Thank for the advise. I think i have to go over to the post office tomorrow and find out for my self.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.