JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi, thought I would start a thread for those who have a scan date in June - 2017 from the NVC.  

Who should join/follow? Those who filed using Method 4: Mail processing.

Please do not join if you used the following methods.  

- Method 1: Upload documents online using CEAC

Method 2: Choice of processing; EMAIL

- Method 3: Upload documents online using CEAC required

We have a long way to go.. They're saying 11 weeks.. But have seen cases (mail processing) get done in 8-9 weeks.. 

When checking in, please provide at the top of your post the following: 

NVC Scan Date: (this is the day in JUNE-2017 that the NVC has confirmed via phone that they have received your supporting documents. A complete file is ready for review when the NVC has received your fees, supporting documents, and ds-260.) 

CC: (date that you received a Case Complete)

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Well I called NVC and I was told by an Agent that they received my documents on 06/01/17.  Not 100% sure is that would be my scan date but I was told that I should start counting from that date. The bad news is that they told me it could take up to 11 weeks. I am praying that it is much faster.

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, lamafiosa69 said:

Well I called NVC and I was told by an Agent that they received my documents on 06/01/17.  Not 100% sure is that would be my scan date but I was told that I should start counting from that date. The bad news is that they told me it could take up to 11 weeks. I am praying that it is much faster.

yes, that is your scan date. Hopefully it takes less. Mine took 8 weeks but received a checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello,

We have just paid the NVC fees, and will be mailing our package tomorrow! How exciting. I have only one concern:

On the official website, it says "do not pay fees before they are requested as this can slow down the processing of your case."

You can only select "pay this fee" once it is requested, right? Now I am worried that we have paid early because we didn't get an IV Fee Bill in the email yet. But why would it allow us to pay early anyway?

Is this cause for concern?

Thanks, and we look forward to interacting with you all.

The Goobies

4 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello,

We have just paid the NVC fees, and will be mailing our package tomorrow! How exciting. I have only one concern:

On the official website, it says "do not pay fees before they are requested as this can slow down the processing of your case."

You can only select "pay this fee" once it is requested, right? Now I am worried that we have paid early because we didn't get an IV Fee Bill in the email yet. But why would it allow us to pay early anyway?

Is this cause for concern?

Thanks, and we look forward to interacting with you all.

The Goobies

I think you should be OK if it gave you access to pay.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:42 AM, JBMG said:

Hi, thought I would start a thread for those who have a scan date in June - 2017 from the NVC.  

Who should join/follow? Those who filed using Method 4: Mail processing.

Please do not join if you used the following methods.  

- Method 1: Upload documents online using CEAC

Method 2: Choice of processing; EMAIL

- Method 3: Upload documents online using CEAC required

We have a long way to go.. They're saying 11 weeks.. But have seen cases (mail processing) get done in 8-9 weeks.. 

When checking in, please provide at the top of your post the following: 

NVC Scan Date: (this is the day in JUNE-2017 that the NVC has confirmed via phone that they have received your supporting documents. A complete file is ready for review when the NVC has received your fees, supporting documents, and ds-260.) 

CC: (date that you received a Case Complete)

I just checked the status of my case. Please see the screen shot. It changed from Action required: Submit requested documents to at NVC.  I called yesterday to find out if they received my birth certificate. The representative said they haven't. So I do not have a new scan date as of yet for the checklist.

IMG_5891.JPG

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Clary said:

I just checked the status of my case. Please see the screen shot. It changed from Action required: Submit requested documents to at NVC.  I called yesterday to find out if they received my birth certificate. The representative said they haven't. So I do not have a new scan date as of yet for the checklist.

Yeah, your screen shot is normal.. This happened in other cases who have a checklist. The status eventually does change to "at NVC".. Maybe your AOS info disappeared too? 

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

1 minute ago, JBMG said:

Yeah, your screen shot is normal.. This happened in other cases who have a checklist. The status eventually does change to "at NVC".. Maybe your AOS info disappeared too? 

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

oh yes! I just checked and it disappeared. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Clary said:

oh yes! I just checked and it disappeared. 

Yeah, so for you to find out if you have a CC.. You'll have to call in.. My suggestion is to call in 1 month, ask for a supervisor to call you back and see what happens.. Maybe they'll be able to process it for you... hope so at least.. Really crazy system they have there.. I don't get why they don't have a few people just processing checklists... instead of making wait another 11 weeks.. just not right.. 

Just now, JBMG said:

Yeah, so for you to find out if you have a CC.. You'll have to call in.. My suggestion is to call in 1 month, ask for a supervisor to call you back and see what happens.. Maybe they'll be able to process it for you... hope so at least.. Really crazy system they have there.. I don't get why they don't have a few people just processing checklists... instead of making wait another 11 weeks.. just not right.. 

OMG I thought the same thing!!!

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

It crazy that they say you have to wait up to 11 weeks. When I did a consultation with an attorney they told be that by end or July or August everything would be complete by how fast they were moving at that time. If I wait 11 weeks that would put me even further down the road. I was hoping my stepson would be here before school starts which is on August 21st. I'm going to call them and see what could be done. Its not fair to him at all. It will already be hard for him moving and learning a new language. Imagine starting school in the middle of a school year....not good at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.