dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

I'm so excited to finally share we have a scan date of 6/22/17!! I called yesterday and waited on hold for 37 minutes but it was worth every second! Now the countdown begins and we are praying every day that everything goes smoothly and we don't receive a checklist! YAY! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/17/2017 at 1:44 AM, goobies said:

Hello,

What is the procedure for submitting documents after we submitted our aos and iv package? We just found out we sent the wrong version of hubbys birth cert and don't want to wait for a checklist.

What are the results of doing this? Will it reset our scan date even if they havent asked for it yet? 

The good thing is that we only submitted our ds-260 a couole days ago, so even if it does reset our sd, it wont be too painful.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I am late to the party. I found out the same thing like 2 days after I sent the package in. I sent the correct cert 2 days later with a new bar-code page and a letter. It was scanned in and that was my new scan date. I got a CC ,so no you dont need to send in all the package. You need the cert, the scanable cover letter and a letter explaining what the document is. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
41 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

I'm so excited to finally share we have a scan date of 6/22/17!! I called yesterday and waited on hold for 37 minutes but it was worth every second! Now the countdown begins and we are praying every day that everything goes smoothly and we don't receive a checklist! YAY! 

YAY!!! congrats!!!! :)

Thanks for already adding yourself to the spreadsheet. :) Please keep your confirmation email to make updates as your case proceeds. At the end of this month, this June forum will close, so you'll want to join the following. 

(Actually you're already on there. Will post it anyway for other June scan dates to see. ;) ) 

congrats again!! :)

Timeline
47 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

Also, def advise joining your country's portal. Not sure if you've done that already. .

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=El+Salvador

17 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Also, def advise joining your country's portal. Not sure if you've done that already. .

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=El+Salvador

Thank you very much! I have joined it but the processes people are going through seem to be a bit different than just the standard IR1/CR1 process. I did find a great page with reviews for the embassy and what questions/documents they asked and requested to see. Thanks so much for being so active on these pages and all the useful information you've provided. I know you've helped a lot of people and we're all really grateful! I don't know how I would have made it through this long process if I hadn't found VJ! Forever thankful! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

got a checklist in 10th week. and now again waiting for 9-11 weeks is so frustrating.

NVC needs to be updated with the way they process people who got checklist after going through review.

scan date 4th april and then again another scan date june 15th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

got a checklist in 10th week. and now again waiting for 9-11 weeks is so frustrating.

NVC needs to be updated with the way they process people who got checklist after going through review.

scan date 4th april and then again another scan date june 15th.

This sucks! What did you get a checklist for? I'm so scared because my file is in the review department right now :(

5 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

This sucks! What did you get a checklist for? I'm so scared because my file is in the review department right now :(

Hello Mia,

I hope you get it soon without a checklist.

I got a checklist for Canadian PR card and that document we already submitted during I-130 submission and it was not mentioned in NVC initial list of documents.

Also, we tried NVC expedite but they told we cannot expedite as it is not fair for other people who are waiting in line. So how is it fair for me to wait for another 11 weeks and I was already ahead of other people how I am taking a spot of other people who are already behind me as my file was already reviewed 3 weeks ago and it just needs one doc which was already sent still think I am unfair. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, cadtousa said:

Hello Mia,

I hope you get it soon without a checklist.

I got a checklist for Canadian PR card and that document we already submitted during I-130 submission and it was not mentioned in NVC initial list of documents.

Also, we tried NVC expedite but they told we cannot expedite as it is not fair for other people who are waiting in line. So how is it fair for me to wait for another 11 weeks and I was already ahead of other people how I am taking a spot of other people who are already behind me as my file was already reviewed 3 weeks ago and it just needs one doc which was already sent still think I am unfair. 

That is not fair at all!! This system needs to get better. One document shouldn't take a person 9-11 weeks to have reviewed again. I hope you get your CC sooner then what the agents are telling you. Good luck with everything and stay positive :)

2 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

That is not fair at all!! This system needs to get better. One document shouldn't take a person 9-11 weeks to have reviewed again. I hope you get your CC sooner then what the agents are telling you. Good luck with everything and stay positive :)

ya true. good luck to you as well. hope you get CC soon in this review. i heard back from review in a week. usually it takes from 1-5 days.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

I hope so to :( Thank you! 

Mia, Here are the CC's from Pakistan.. you should have your CC about July 4th (closed) /July 5th if they keep up with the same trend in processing times.. 

Case Complete (CC) Review dept to CC - DAYS SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS
5/12/2017 No Rev Date 71 10.14 45
6/6/2017 5 62 8.86 70
6/8/2017 No Rev Date 63 9.00 32
6/21/2017 6 63 9.00 41

Timeline
On 6/22/2017 at 6:08 PM, Mia12392 said:

Hello All,

I just called NVC and the nice gentleman on the phone told me they sent my case to the department for review. How long does it take to get a CC once it's been sent to the department?

Please update our spread sheet with this info. You'll notice on the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.. Can take anywhere from 1 day to 14+ days once you reach the review dept..

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

if you lost your confirmation email from "google forms", please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. I'll delete the duplication. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you.

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Please update our spread sheet with this info. You'll notice on the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.. Can take anywhere from 1 day to 14+ days once you reach the review dept..

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

if you lost your confirmation email from "google forms", please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. I'll delete the duplication. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you.

Thank you, JBMG

Thank you, SOOOOO much! I've updated the spreadsheet with my information. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

Thank you, SOOOOO much! I've updated the spreadsheet with my information. 

Sure thing, thank you for updating your status. 

For now, daily, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Then you'd call the NVC

See Example

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.