928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
23 minutes ago, 0725 said:

When did you submit the expedite request? And did you directly email the Djibouti embassy or did you do it through the NVC?

I've sent them 3 emails since March 7th with no reply. 

Ivyemen@state.gov

The weirdest thing happened. I checked my email again and they sent us a message saying the accepted the expedite and will forward the case to the embassy.

Then a minute later I got another email from NVC saying they want to recall email message 'DJI---------'

And then the previous email when they said they accepted just disappeared from my inbox.

Long story short.

I don't believe these people. Everyone says something different so I'm gonna keep trying for the expedite, can't really lose anything at this point.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, H93 said:

Ivyemen@state.gov

The weirdest thing happened. I checked my email again and they sent us a message saying the accepted the expedite and will forward the case to the embassy.

Then a minute later I got another email from NVC saying they want to recall email message 'DJI---------'

And then the previous email when they said they accepted just disappeared from my inbox.

Long story short.

I don't believe these people. Everyone says something different so I'm gonna keep trying for the expedite, can't really lose anything at this point.

Thats so weird, this is getting ridiculous. I heard they are scheduling december cases, which means they are really backed up. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, H93 said:

Ivyemen@state.gov

Long story short.

Oh wow, that's crazy. Yeah, do it through the NVC expedite email and involve a congressman. Hopefully it works! 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, aabdulsa said:

Thats so weird, this is getting ridiculous. I heard they are scheduling december cases, which means they are really backed up. 

December??? Omg that's..that's 3 months back. At that rate, we'll be getting scheduled in may/june. That's awful! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, 0725 said:

December??? Omg that's..that's 3 months back. At that rate, we'll be getting scheduled in may/june. That's awful! 

Yup, all we could do is just pray and be patient. I know you expedited your case but did you get a case complete yet? 

Timeline

Your interview will be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General listed below when the National Visa Center (NVC) receives all of the necessary documents. To provide the most expeditious service to all applicants, the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad will try to accelerate appointments for documentarily complete cases and schedule them at the earliest opportunity.

This is the new reply I got. ^^

Timeline
3 hours ago, H93 said:

Your interview will be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General listed below when the National Visa Center (NVC) receives all of the necessary documents. To provide the most expeditious service to all applicants, the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad will try to accelerate appointments for documentarily complete cases and schedule them at the earliest opportunity.

This is the new reply I got. ^^

Your case is not complete yet? And why does it say Baghdad? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, aabdulsa said:

Not my case. I'm helping out a family member petition for his wife and children. The children's cases are complete but the mother got a checklist.

IDK, but from what I understand from that email is that they might be offering Baghdad as an option to transfer your case.

Edited by H93

Timeline
On 3/22/2017 at 3:21 PM, aabdulsa said:

Yup, all we could do is just pray and be patient. I know you expedited your case but did you get a case complete yet? 

No, that's what the expedite allowed me to surpass. I initially got a checklist after 12+ weeks, and once the expedite was approved, my case went straight to the embassy instead of waiting for a case complete. My husband will be taking the missing document with him to the interview.

any news of anyone getting an interview?? 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, 0725 said:

No, that's what the expedite allowed me to surpass. I initially got a checklist after 12+ weeks, and once the expedite was approved, my case went straight to the embassy instead of waiting for a case complete. My husband will be taking the missing document with him to the interview.

any news of anyone getting an interview?? 

No interview yet. I called NVC, they said they were done scheduling April. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, aabdulsa said:

11 hours ago, H93 said:

Not my case. I'm helping out a family member petition for his wife and children. The children's cases are complete but the mother got a checklist.

IDK, but from what I understand from that email is that they might be offering Baghdad as an option to transfer your case.

They keep sending you different emails. You should call NVC to clarify. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, 0725 said:

Did they say when they would start schdduling for May? 

I saw somebody wrote the last week of March and first week of April. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, H93 said:

Does anyone know anyone at all with an upcoming appointment in Djibouti?

I'm worried they're not scheduling for anyone, expedite or not...

I dont know of any.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.