2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kpositafo said:

ok. thanks. this is how it is......

TIMELINE: sent August 23rd 2016

Vermont received it August 26th 2016.

First RFE Sept 9th 2016. lawyer never told me till March 2017.

Replied RFE April 2017 ( for good moral conduct)

heard nothing more.

August 21st  2017 : Received RFE for Criminal Clearance from my country..... 

It is still good moral conduct they need now just from your country, so you have to request it from your country of origin, police clearance, if you were active in church from your country you could ask your pastor to write on your behalf also about your good moral conduct.

1 hour ago, Kpositafo said:

Hi everyone,

I filed August 23rd, 2016. reciept date August 26 2016. No PF. But yesterday i received RFE to bring Criminal history clearance from my Country. Pls Sandra J or anyone what could this mean? Just Curious 

It means you have to obtain a police clearance from your country of origin. I had one obtained from my country as well . 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Kpositafo said:

ok. thanks. this is how it is......

TIMELINE: sent August 23rd 2016

Vermont received it August 26th 2016.

First RFE Sept 9th 2016. lawyer never told me till March 2017.

Replied RFE April 2017 ( for good moral conduct)

heard nothing more.

August 21st  2017 : Received RFE for Criminal Clearance from my country..... 

Hi @Kpositafo

just a question in my mind.. your lawyer never told you about your first RFE but isn't it updated in your case profile online that they have sent you RFE? It kinda got me worried now because I always thought you can find out whether they have sent an RFE. Hope you can answer my question. Thank you!

11 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Processing times used to be around 90 days (similar to EAD) but when looking at current processing times on the USCIS website, it spans 200 days, so I am just wondering if this is really true or if anyone here has gotten their AP approved faster than that recently. 

I was told if it's an emergency it can be approved same day ...

9 minutes ago, Polilla said:

Hello Sandra or anyone with experience on AOS interview.  Is a passport required for AOS interview ? Would a expired passport be accepted by IO.?

Form of ID needs to be valid/current. Take an unexpired passport or any other government id that is current. However they will ask for your passport 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

please what is the current class to file of EAD VAWA Because my is c31 and is till pending since Dec 27 2016 

please any help will appreciated thanks

Timeline
20 minutes ago, valentine4God said:

please what is the current class to file of EAD VAWA Because my is c31 and is till pending since Dec 27 2016 

please any help will appreciated thanks

If you want your ead approved while vawa is pending you have to file i485 along with ead using category c9

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Hope953 said:

If you want your ead approved while vawa is pending you have to file i485 along with ead using category c9

is it possible to file for a new one under category c9 /

Timeline
5 minutes ago, valentine4God said:

is it possible to file for a new one under category c9 /

I believe you would be able to but ask Sandra or other members who might know more. Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.