Ray & Andrea

Questions about co sponsor for K1 Visa

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I am writing about the affidavit of support for a K1 visa. My son does not quite make enough money at this time, and, I am willing to co sponsor. I do make more than enough money (3 times more). However...I do not own any real property at this time. I do have life insurance through work, but It does not have any cash value at this time. Is this going to mean that I cannot co sponsor the K1 Visa? :wacko:

It really depends on which country or the CO interviewing to accept a joint sponsor for K1 mostly they don't accept any. The petitioner must meet the poverty guidelines set unfortunately.

I am not sure of Mexico but you wont need property to add to your income if the income is actually sufficient to meet the guidelines.

It really depends on which country or the CO interviewing to accept a joint sponsor for K1 mostly they don't accept any. The petitioner must meet the poverty guidelines set unfortunately.

I am not sure of Mexico but you wont need property to add to your income if the income is actually sufficient to meet the guidelines.

It is not quite true that most embassies do not accept a co sponsor. I would say most actually do. If your income is three times the 125% poverty level, it is adequate to be a co sponsor, no need for property or life insurance.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.