Jump to content

K-1 to adjustment of status

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Wedding date Jan,7 2017. My question is i want to file adjustment of status after our wedding. Can i use the 2013 to 2015 tax transcript for affidavit of support or do i need to file my 2016 income tax first? Also a credit card lawsuit file which is already settled, will it still affect my petition to my fiancee's adjustment of status? NEed advice . Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As LionessDeon stated, use what you have current to submit the AOS. If you do get called for and interview (which would probably occur after 4/15/2017) you can bring a copy of the 2016 taxes for the IO. This is what we did for our interview, we submitted the AOS with 2012 and 2013 taxes in October 2014, then we had an interview in March 2015, I already filed our 2014 taxes at that point, so we brought a copy to the interview which the IO added to our file.

Good Luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.