wizzie1980

221G experience (Administrative Processing)- Experience/Info Sharing

187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

if k1 is eventually denied what are the chances of a successful cr1?

I'm still worrying my a$$ off because ceac still shows "ready"

Edited by MandW

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

15 minutes ago, MandW said:

if k1 is eventually denied what are the chances of a successful cr1?

I'm still worrying my a$$ off because ceac still shows "ready"

You have nothing to worry about.  Don't let my story scare you.  I did something stupid and I am paying for it (along with some innocent bystanders).  They do not refuse visas for no reason.  They actually want to approve most petitions.  

To answer the question, it truly depends on why someone was denied in the first place.  Some denials (misrepresentation, fraud, human trafficking...) are going to impact any visa application.  Others will not.  If the CO thought I was purposely trying to hide my arrest they could deny my CR-1 too.  I am praying that isn't the case.  We will not truly know until VOH or maybe even POE.  Until that point, I refuse to waste any of my time worrying.  What happens will happen.  We are happily moving forward and I can guarantee, we will be VERY careful with the next petitions... :D

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You have nothing to worry about.  Don't let my story scare you.  I did something stupid and I am paying for it (along with some innocent bystanders).  They do not refuse visas for no reason.  They actually want to approve most petitions.  

To answer the question, it truly depends on why someone was denied in the first place.  Some denials (misrepresentation, fraud, human trafficking...) are going to impact any visa application.  Others will not.  If the CO thought I was purposely trying to hide my arrest they could deny my CR-1 too.  I am praying that isn't the case.  We will not truly know until VOH or maybe even POE.  Until that point, I refuse to waste any of my time worrying.  What happens will happen.  We are happily moving forward and I can guarantee, we will be VERY careful with the next petitions... :D

John I thought about you case a lot and since the situation was about  missing that disclosure from you then they denied the petition; could it be influenced however remotely due to the shift in the recent Presidents ban for OFW due to the nature of the abuse practice that was inherent with the middle east workers? By no accounts you situation is related or similar obviously, but I wonder if because it was a family petition and with all news going on about that lately it was sort of influenced by recent events however totally unrelated and different circumstances but about traveling abroad regardless? Makes one wonder if that was somehow a knee jerk reaction to their overall decision especially since the amount of time passed since that record. For this reason I wouldn’t see how your CR1 could be impacted because (A) more time will have passed from the hype of that recent announcement and (B) you would already be married. I know you can’t possibly know how these things go but it would make sense for the embassy to react in that fashion given the recent developments. Maybe I am way off base although I am just trying to make sense of all this. So if I get denied for what ever reason I will be following in your footsteps with the CR1. As Hank or Greenbaum wrote here once in one of these forums (been reading so much I forgot whom) “it’s a marathon not a race” And I just want to make sure I know the course ........anyway please don’t mind my speculation- the stress of this petition just has me overly concerned - I impacted my results due to my negligence and my fiancé gets the brunt of my error. It depresses me and I vow to never let her get affected by something either trivial or major as we move forward. It helps me a lot also just to get to share and talk with you all.

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

1 minute ago, Mark_712 said:

John I thought about you case a lot and since the situation was about  missing that disclosure from you then they denied the petition; could it be influenced however remotely due to the shift in the recent Presidents ban for OFW due to the nature of the abuse practice that was inherent with the middle east workers? By no accounts you situation is related or similar obviously, but I wonder if because it was a family petition and with all news going on about that lately it was sort of influenced by recent events however totally unrelated and different circumstances but about traveling abroad regardless? Makes one wonder if that was somehow a knee jerk reaction to their overall decision especially since the amount of time passed since that record. For this reason I wouldn’t see how your CR1 could be impacted because (A) more time will have passed from the hype of that recent announcement and (B) you would already be married. I know you can’t possibly know how these things go but it would make sense for the embassy to react in that fashion given the recent developments. Maybe I am way off base although I am just trying to make sense of all this. So if I get denied for what ever reason I will be following in your footsteps with the CR1. As Hank or Greenbaum wrote here once in one of these forums (been reading so much I forgot whom) “it’s a marathon not a race” And I just want to make sure I know the course ........anyway please don’t mind my speculation- the stress of this petition just has me overly concerned - I impacted my results due to my negligence and my fiancé gets the brunt of my error. It depresses me and I vow to never let her get affected by something either trivial or major as we move forward. It helps me a lot also just to get to share and talk with you all.

I don't think the US would be impacted by the Philippines' OFW issues and that, from my understanding, is only about OFW's in the Middle East.  I think the CO did the right thing.  I would have preferred that USCIS sent an RFE but I answered the question wrong so I will take what comes.  This is a serious process and should be treated as such.  I half-a$$ed it and it burned me.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

cheacked the  ceac page , still says ready but they updated today, last update 04-may-2018 which was today Taiwan time. (13 hours ahead of me)

previous update date was may 1 and before that was april 30 (day of the interview)

Edited by MandW

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
6 hours ago, MandW said:

cheacked the  ceac page , still says ready but they updated today, last update 04-may-2018 which was today Taiwan time. (13 hours ahead of me)

previous update date was may 1 and before that was april 30 (day of the interview)

Seems like your case is still a go - good luck and keep the faith! 

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

Timeline
19 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Pretty unfortunate, but I do agree with you that they did the right thing...they no other thought other then that you were hiding this incident. I'm not sure how they could deny it again if you do it properly....that is of course if they feel that you could be a threat to your current wife. It sounds like a perfect reason to move to the Philippines to me, lol. I really don't need a reason to want to move to the Philippines, I'm just waiting for the right timing to be able to work there at the same time. 

I'm not saying you are guilty or anything, but it's unfortunate that they now have doubts. I wonder if this is kept in a file that would be seen by the officer that would process your CR-1?

2 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Pretty unfortunate, but I do agree with you that they did the right thing...they no other thought other then that you were hiding this incident. I'm not sure how they could deny it again if you do it properly....that is of course if they feel that you could be a threat to your current wife. It sounds like a perfect reason to move to the Philippines to me, lol. I really don't need a reason to want to move to the Philippines, I'm just waiting for the right timing to be able to work there at the same time. 

I'm not saying you are guilty or anything, but it's unfortunate that they now have doubts. I wonder if this is kept in a file that would be seen by the officer that would process your CR-1?

It probably will but IMBRA is not part of the CR-1 process.  We aren't going to hide it but we aren't going to volunteer it either.  Misdemeanor criminal background is not asked about on the I-130.  I have nothing to hide so I will be prepared if it is asked about.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It probably will but IMBRA is not part of the CR-1 process.  We aren't going to hide it but we aren't going to volunteer it either.  Misdemeanor criminal background is not asked about on the I-130.  I have nothing to hide so I will be prepared if it is asked about.

I figured you didn't :) of course. Good idea about not volunteering anything unless needed. Hope it goes well for you, sorry it's going to take so much longer now and was so close!

1 minute ago, javadown2 said:

I figured you didn't :) of course. Good idea about not volunteering anything unless needed. Hope it goes well for you, sorry it's going to take so much longer now and was so close!

It is my fault.  I feel bad for Rose and the kids but they are very excited about the wedding next month.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It is my fault.  I feel bad for Rose and the kids but they are very excited about the wedding next month.

Congratulations! That will be fun, are you going to wear a Barong?

9 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Congratulations! That will be fun, are you going to wear a Barong?

Yes indeed!  A beautiful white barong with cream stitching.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Those of you that experienced this before , when the ceac website gives a last update and then the date changes again does this mean they are actually looking at the case or touching it? and if your in AP by the time your noa2 expires do you get auto denied? or should request extension of the noa2 exp date.? because noa2's are valid for 4 months only.

Seems my ceac went last update on may 1 to last update may 4 (yesterday) however they issued a 221g and they didn't ask for documents only said "someone will call you in a couple of days" which didn't happen yet. she had everything at the time of interview, and she and I went over the interview questions again today and she told me the lady at the second window is the one that asked her 3 times has she been to usa before (she hasn't) and each time the interview lady looked at the computer with a puzzling look on her face like as if she expected my fiancé to say yes.

I wonder, when they take digital fingerprints at the interview (at each window she said) these are sent to NVC for checking to see if the fiancé has entered the usa before or not, so what I'm GUESSING is on april 30 update (day of interview) they sent the fingerprints to NVC for checking or the update was results of the interview updated to the case and which then the may 1 update the next day was either ait sending the fingerprints or nvs answering something and then another update on may 4 this update for sure wasn't a nvc update because when I went to sleep on the night of may 3rd last update was may 1 and when I woke at 5am the date changed to may 4 and nvc offices haven't even opened for business yet so it wasn't a nvc update I'm guessing.

I'm so heart broken right now, they asked her when do we plane to get married, it was may 11 which is our 1yr anniversary, my dad being a retired pastor was going to marry us, he has cancer and we were really hoping my dad could marry us, looks like this isn't going to happen on may 11. so bummed

Edited by MandW

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MandW said:

Those of you that experienced this before , when the ceac website gives a last update and then the date changes again does this mean they are actually looking at the case or touching it? and if your in AP by the time your noa2 expires do you get auto denied? or should request extension of the noa2 exp date.? because noa2's are valid for 4 months only.

Seems my ceac went last update on may 1 to last update may 4 (yesterday) however they issued a 221g and they didn't ask for documents only said "someone will call you in a couple of days" which didn't happen yet. she had everything at the time of interview, and she and I went over the interview questions again today and she told me the lady at the second window is the one that asked her 3 times has she been to usa before (she hasn't) and each time the interview lady looked at the computer with a puzzling look on her face like as if she expected my fiancé to say yes.

I wonder, when they take digital fingerprints at the interview (at each window she said) these are sent to NVC for checking to see if the fiancé has entered the usa before or not, so what I'm GUESSING is on april 30 update (day of interview) they sent the fingerprints to NVC for checking or the update was results of the interview updated to the case and which then the may 1 update the next day was either ait sending the fingerprints or nvs answering something and then another update on may 4 this update for sure wasn't a nvc update because when I went to sleep on the night of may 3rd last update was may 1 and when I woke at 5am the date changed to may 4 and nvc offices haven't even opened for business yet so it wasn't a nvc update I'm guessing.

I'm so heart broken right now, they asked her when do we plane to get married, it was may 11 which is our 1yr anniversary, my dad being a retired pastor was going to marry us, he has cancer and we were really hoping my dad could marry us, looks like this isn't going to happen on may 11. so bummed

"touching" .. you case file is both paper and electronic, when they open your file I am betting they do so on a computer more then paper file.

NVC is the National Visa Center, they don't do too much with the K-1 case file.  USCIS is who gathers the info during the immigration process.    CBP of course records entries.   

Biometrics are collected by USCIS and CBP at entry.

Trying to guess what the embassy is looking at would be an adventure for sure.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

They did scan her fingers (all 10) at the interview, and at each window she said. so I'm assuming they took her fingerprints?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.