40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

my case was at NVC over a year

Different circumstances for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

For a K-1 visa??!

No, doesn't look like it.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Hey all,

every time again I am so thrilled about all the quick and helpful responses here. Thank you all for that (F)

So to update you:

This morning at 7am we immediately called NVC. They gave us a number and wanted to forward us to a Tier2, but we got kicked out of the line.

So we entered the number in the link that yuna here already mentioned: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

And it seems like they already sent our application to the consulate last week. We are very relieved!

But what we got there as well was this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html

Here you can find all the information on how to prepare for the interview and you can download a list with the documents you need for all the consulates.

I wanted to share this with you for

1. giving you hope. Apparently calling them helps.

2. giving you the link so you can at least already prepare all your documents

I am really hoping for everyone out there waiting that you will get through the NVC line!!! :luv:

Service Center: California Service Center

Transferred? No

I-751 Filed: 2018-06-06

I-751 NOA: 2018-06-29

Biometrics: Waived

Interview: 2019-XX-XX 

Approval: 2019-XX-XX

Card Received: 2019-XX-XX

Marriage : 2015-10-07 (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats,, just got off phone with nvc and was told they receive case on July 13 but they have not put it in the system yet, and very nice lady told me normally it take up to 30 days to put in system, but i can call back many times as i want because it can be put in system at any time now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news for us too! I finally got through to NVC at 11:30 a.m. this morning-- not the recommended times, I tried those with zero results for hours spent dialing and re-dialing. Nope, at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time, it was magically, unbelievably easy. Took 2 whole tries and I was on hold for <30 minutes. And they've already sent our file to Vancouver!!! I was so stunned and relieved that I forgot to ask for dates for the timeline! Fiance' is calling right now to try to get them to email the checklist so he can set up his interview. :):):)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Wow...when it's either feast or famine. So you all inspired me to go out on a limb and call the NVC just for sh*ts and giggles and voila!! My case arrived yesterday and was assigned a case number!!

This has made my weekend!! I hope everyone else gets good news soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad to see your case got forwarded!! Hopefully you get your interview quickly!

Do we *need* to contact the NVC to get the case number, or can we just wait until they mail us/send our case to the consulate? I'm a pretty patient person and was just wondering if it's necessary or not... I would rather not call if it can be avoided.

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Short answer, no. you don't *need* to contact NVC and can just wait it out until the consulate contacts the beneficiary.

I'm also a pretty patient person. I actually even had the same mentality as you, thinking that since there's nothing we can do to speed up the process, there's no point in calling. We'll know when the consulate contacts him. However after reading about so many horrible nightmares that people have gone through with their cases never even making it to NVC after several months, I let my worries get the best of me. Knowing the case# doesn't speed up the process. But you are able to [somewhat] accurately track it, so long as the NVC staff do their part and update it in the system.

Edited by mmorgan14

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I called the NVC three this (July 2015)month for an update to our K-1 visa (603) 334-0700. Our package was approved on June 19th form the TSC. Every time I called exactly at 7am, i think the menu to get to a human was 131. I was placed on hold for 30 minutes each times but did get ahold of someone. The first time I called (around July5th), I gave my receipt number (For the TSC is starts with a SRC). The guy stated he did not see it in the system and to wait 30 days. I called again a week later, the lady that answered said our package was received and gave my our case number. I called 5 days later and was told our case was approved and sent to the consulate a few days before.

I hope this helps some.

I had my interview and was approved yesterday, and my fiancé only JUST got the NVC letter today. I rang a few days after it left TSC and they received it the day I rang, and it was out of there the next day.

I couldn't believe I finished the process before the letter even came along.

Definitely persist with calling them, but it sounds like you may hear from your embassy sooner than NVC.

Good luck :)

You say a few days after...how many actual days after did you ring them? My case was just approved this past Friday and I know the rule of thumb is usually two weeks after the NOA2 or when you receive the NOA2 letter in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I received a text massage on the day of approval (also a letter two weeks later mailed), from USCIS that our case was approved from the TSC on June 19th. Receipt number showed our case approved at the USCIS website. However, I received another text message from the USCIS on July 1st, stating our status has changed, I check online and it went from approved to: Sent to the Department of State... (NVC). So, it was nice that it was approved, but took two more weeks until the TSC mailed it to the NVC. I called the NVC on July 5th to see if they had received it. They did not. I called again on July13th and was told my package was receive and given a case # assinged on July 9th. I called back on July 17th and was told it was approved from the NVC and sent on July16th and to contact the Frankfurt consulate with any further questions.

I have yet to receive any notice from the NVC. No text message, email or regular mail. I would not have know our case number or status if I didn't call. We are still waiting on package 3 from the Consulate.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.