JAYANN & JAY

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

we use line, skype and emails. thanks for the technology.. we make sure to see each other at skype before going to sleep.. time difference plus miles apart really sucks but then its the reality.. Faith and prayers make us closer to our dream that when petition is approved we will be together..

With Facetime, I could see my fiancee everyday. I always tell myself that she will be here soon and this nightmare process will be over. Stay strong.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Good communications has been very important to us and has contributed greatly to our relationship :-)

Facebook chat, emails (gmail), Skype, Viber or regular calls if no wifi. My Fiance is good at making sure we communicate often, usually, several hours per day....morning and evenings. If by chance we have no wifi connection we will use our phone to send regular text messages.

Communication is very important to a good relationship. We reciprocate with each other in a way that it makes it easier for us.

We started our relationship last Sept. 2012, but we feel like we've known each other for a long time because we just talk about everything, the good and the bad !!!. I told him all my weakness and what irritates me.

I am a LEO by birth so I am a little bitchy at times, hehehe !!! I didn't hide anything from him (vice versa). What I love more about him is that he initiates things that we need to talk about. Remember, MATURITY is not necessarily age related, i.e. old or young, it is a state of mind.

There's no reason to fight or make issues worse, it is not worth it. Specially Filipinas, we are in the emotional side. I learned a lot with my previous relationships. It won't do any good if I sulk or feel bad about things if my partner doesn't even have an idea what I am feeling bad about.

Communication is the key. If I can't say it to his face, I will send him an email or chat message. Then when I am ready (guys take note of that...... don't push until she's ready to talk about it). I told him there are times if I am not in the mood, to just leave me alone like be 1 kilometer away from me.. hahahah.. Yes it's true and he understands.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

There was no time worse than the flight back to the States alone. Alone. cray5ol.gif I made that lonely flight home 6 times. It was brutal. crying.gif Made it worse = I would see a Fil-Am couple (here and there) on the way to & from. The emotions = angst, jealousy, hopeful happiness, a little anger at Vermont ranting33va.gif ..etc. (but) The most dominant sensation was a feeling of being half alive. Living in a dream state - Nothing seemed quite....real. wacko.png (I'm sure flipping my clock 12 times didn't help)

(but) After all said and done - I wouldn't trade those days and that experience for anything. I have memories from that time created by/ due to the separation. Priceless memories.

I have a tendency to live in tomorrow. Always building for tomorrow & losing the moment I'm in. The pain we went through while waiting for our Visa forced me to live in that moment & paid for memory stamps which help fuel the passion of our now.

To all those following behind = Hang in there and cherish this moment. The anguish will vanish and happiness more fulfilling will replace the void left behind. good.gif

That was my sensitive side posting - please allow me to balance it out by ETA =

(unless of course you or she or him & her are just in it for biz transaction = I need some1 to cook & clean...or... a sex toy...or take care of me & help pay the bills... or.. use your brain coz ur doing this for your family...divorce is easy in America so just try or .. get that GC & get that $... coz those guys & dolls...haha...karma gonna bite your azz 1 way or another tongue_ss.gif & Me? = I'm LMAO @ you! wink.png )

Okay...phew...I'm back in my comfort zone. LOL

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LDR is definitely a challenge but doable. We have been doing this for the last 16 mos and it is not fun not to be physically with your love one. We started with facebook chat, then Skype, Tango... and since Nov. of last year Facetime and chat exclusively via Facebook. We still use Skype but we find Facetime to be convenient. She can call me when Im on my break or lunch time at work and we chat.. Lol I think our average chat time everyday is at least 6 hours . We dont run out of things to talk about since I grew up in the same province as she is from and I can relate still to most things from my old hometown.

With LDR constant communication, trust and more communication are a must to keep the relationship going. Just cannot wait to be with my babe again :) .

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

For me:

A MINIMUM of TWO visits per year. Usually we meet in a third country from where she is living [which is not her home country].

I moved to another country to be closer to her [though still not in the same country]. But I returned to the USA because I was not earning the kind of money I should have been earning.

Occupy your and her time with something other than pining away over each other.

I don't agree with the "quality time" concept. Quantity is what is needed. All of it will have quality. It is just that some of it will not be the quality that you want to remember forever.

Edited by EAS

I just wanted to know how some of you handled the long distance relationship and not being able to see your love one for a long period of time. What were some of the challenges you had to go through?

For us, Leon has hit the nail on the head! We use Yahoo/Skype for our conversations. We talk everyday for 2-3 hours. We have learned to communicate and as she has said she can say anything to me. I have to say, that we have probably talked more to each other over the last 4 years then most couples talk in their entire existence as a couple. I believe that communication between you and your partner is key to a successful relationship. I feel very confident that we have laid the foundation for a very strong relationship since we were able to have this bond.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I believe also that a LTR can strengthen your relationship, in most cases, you learn how to communicate with your partner through necessity.

Since Dahlia and I started our relationship, we have used almost all the available types of communications....... email, Facebook, texting, phone calls, Skype, Viber, and even a SAT Phone and SAT internet....what a great time we currently live in with all this great technology. We spend hours and hours together everyday :-).

Also, because of these great ways of communicating, when we have been able to be together during the 5 trips I have made to the Philippines in the last 9 months, it has been like we have been together the whole time, the transition from "not being together" to "being together" has been great and the physical contact then just brings us even closer together......heart.gif

My good friend Bill, who has been married to Dahlia's older sister for over 18 yrs has shared with us what it was like back when they first met. They were writing each other letters everyday, and Bill's phone bill averaged over $500 per month, communicating by mail with weeks before delivery must have been a challenge...but we do what we need to do !!!

Dahlia and I use Skype most of the time, we both have MacBook Pro's with wifi on both ends and also at my office. This system has allowed us to be with each other for hrs and hrs everyday. With normal verbal conversation along with visual support, it has made it possible to be in each others lives the best you can without physically being together.

I am usually up at 4:00 am here in Seattle which is 7:00 pm in Angeles City....so we usually get 3 plus hours in before she goes to bed. Then when she gets up in the morning around 7-8:00 am, I am there waiting for her and we talk and share well into my evening.

We Skype while eating, when in bed....... :-) watching each other go to sleep....with our families for functions, birthdays, holidays, doing projects around the house, and even at my office.

One day, I wanted Dahlia to meet everyone in my office, so I set up my MacBook Pro at the front office door and she greeted everyone as they came to work.....wow !!! what a great experience. I have toured her around my office so she could see what it is like, also my home and the area around it.

Because of Skype and all the hours we have been able to visit with each other, we feel very connected and educated about each other in all aspects of life...it has certainly played a big role in being able to move our relationship forward in a positive way.

We have often said that when she gets here physically with me, that every once in a while.....we can go to separate rooms and Skype each other for old times sake.... dancin5hr.gif

Cheers,

cjmc

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a great time we live in with all the technology... very good statement.

Anyone remember when technology was a phone with a "party line" ?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yeah, back then long distance relationships were probably a lot harder to handle or cope with.

barata-gif-3.gif

Using Skype we watched TV together. We got hooked on Survivor and still watch it now that she is here. Just keeping communication lines open and talking through the hurts of being apart helps. One of you (the man) needs to be strong as she will likely become emotional more then you will. Also Viber now is an option which will allow her to be at the mall and talk with you as you can be almost anywhere as long as you have wifi and a smart phone. My wife used her phone today to chat with her mother. Video and everything. It will change up from always having to be at home for both of you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Using Skype we watched TV together. We got hooked on Survivor and still watch it now that she is here. Just keeping communication lines open and talking through the hurts of being apart helps. One of you (the man) needs to be strong as she will likely become emotional more then you will. Also Viber now is an option which will allow her to be at the mall and talk with you as you can be almost anywhere as long as you have wifi and a smart phone. My wife used her phone today to chat with her mother. Video and everything. It will change up from always having to be at home for both of you.

I really liked that feature of being about to share screens, I could put a movie on the computer from Netflix and we both could watch it. Now that my-your-soft bought out Skype they removed that feature from the free version.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yup...we are showing our age Hank !!!! oops8rh.gif

cjmc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.