Crumpet

Arrived in the US on K1 Visa but no I-94...

35 posts in this topic

This is really weird. My I94 was available almost right away after my POE (Chicago O hare, july 5th 2013). I checked the next day and it was there. I guess it depends on the POE. Some people still get a paper I94 sometimes

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Similar to the previous post, literally entered the country via O'hare yesterday and today the record is shown on the website.

Tips: Make sure all the information is correct, I input my passport number incorrectly the first time. Also, select the dates using their 'select' button, if you write it in then click 'select' it will save you from going through the years manually.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

So did CBP confirm that K-1 is also automated for I-94 now?

I thought they might still get the old one.. a K-1 needs that I-94 for SSN etc.

You actually do no have to have the I-94 to get the SSN card, at least here in Kansas City, when my fiance came here on this K-1 Visa in August 2013, he was never issued a I-94 (and with the help to this post we figured out why) They told us at the SSA all we needed was his alien number since we didn't have the I-94 form, so we called Dept of State and they provided it and he got his SSC is less than a week after we applied.

We will need the I-94 form for his AOS though and that link had it posted with the information, so hopefully we can use that when we file for AOS?

Thanks!

Edited by futuremrsmoniz

You actually do no have to have the I-94 to get the SSN card, at least here in Kansas City, when my fiance came here on this K-1 Visa in August 2013, he was never issued a I-94 (and with the help to this post we figured out why) They told us at the SSA all we needed was his alien number since we didn't have the I-94 form, so we called Dept of State and they provided it and he got his SSC is less than a week after we applied.

We will need the I-94 form for his AOS though and that link had it posted with the information, so hopefully we can use that when we file for AOS?

Thanks!

Yes you will need the I-94 from online for AOS, and yes, K-1s are also in the online system.

I am surprised that SSA didn't need I-94, and in fact I think they did their own paperwork wrong, but hey, if it worked for you, then great :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiance arrived November 9th. I checked the I-94 site today. Luckily, I found the record on there.

POE was Newark.

"About me" section of my profile contains my detailed timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.