VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
blank avatarAlicia & Chris
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarR & A
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Poland
Grecia & Thomas
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
France
meee & herrr
K1 Visa
India
Todd & Beth
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarSammy & Olly
K1 Visa
Nigeria
Lindsey & Scott
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarStephen & Gloria
K1 Visa
Philippines

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarJim & Elena
K1 Visa
Ukraine
blank avatarAaron & Elena
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Russia
Ryan & Bridget
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
South Africa
blank avatarA & A
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Japan
P & A
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Poland
Manoj & sabina
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Nepal
Jonathan & Melanie
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Bryan & Andrea
K1 Visa
Ecuador
blank avatarAmber & Bert
K1 Visa
Netherlands
blank avatarmadjid & fatiha
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Algeria
J & B
K1 Visa
Japan
blank avatarJohn & Sandra
K1 Visa
Canada
Nika & Allen
K1 Visa
China
blank avatarB & C
K1 Visa
China
blank avatarEric & Tatyana
K1 Visa
Russia
blank avatarJamie Marie & Darren
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarShiza & Saad
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan

• Please log in to reply

CAPS or not?

#1 carefree

carefree

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

i have a stupid question.... so i am getting ready to send out my N-400 application tomorrow...everything is ready and properly labeled and such...i was doing my last minute checking (double checking) then i read the instuction "Print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters. Failure to print clearly may delay your application. Use blank ink." so i started to freak out.....i followed the sample N-400 form showed here and the only capital letter they did was the last names...do i really have to retype everything to change it all to caps? i know its a pretty simple and clear instruction...but do i really have to redo it?

thanks

#2 LLbeans

LLbeans

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I did the same thing and changed everything to CAP.

#3 Lansbury

Lansbury

Annoying the whole planet - one person at a time

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

It says type using capital letters, that is what you should do.
What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline
2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship
2009-08-28 NOA
2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment
2009-12-01 Interview - Approved
2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

#4 Gary and Alla

Gary and Alla

Я вижу тебя

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

i have a stupid question.... so i am getting ready to send out my N-400 application tomorrow...everything is ready and properly labeled and such...i was doing my last minute checking (double checking) then i read the instuction "Print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters. Failure to print clearly may delay your application. Use blank ink." so i started to freak out.....i followed the sample N-400 form showed here and the only capital letter they did was the last names...do i really have to retype everything to change it all to caps? i know its a pretty simple and clear instruction...but do i really have to redo it?

thanks

I did not use all caps and Alla has her interview Wednesday. I am guessing they did not call her to the interview to tell her that she should have used all caps. Whad'ya bet?

VERMONT!  I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

#5 w8inglongtime

w8inglongtime

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I did not use all caps and Alla has her interview Wednesday. I am guessing they did not call her to the interview to tell her that she should have used all caps. Whad'ya bet?

Now that's funny

#6 bayojona3231

bayojona3231

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

I mailed my wife's N400 yesterday and i typed everything except the email address as instructed in thee instruction.

thanks

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
STATE OF CALIFORNIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UywVLZjSqA

Posted Image

#7 NickD

NickD

Super Elite Member

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:15 AM

Typed out my wife's using Adobe Acrobat Pro using Times New Roman fonts using capitals grammatically correct. with lower case letters. Her IO never made an issue out of it. Looked extremely neat and professional, then we have de names that are not correct capitalized.

For stepdaughter used Adobe Reader, version 10 lets you save and correct your form. Had no choice with fonts that used that old fashion typewriter like Courier font, they I used all capital letters. An issue wasn't made out of that either.

Adobe Acrobat Pro is great, automatically resizes the font to fit in the blank, since my wife had a Spanish address for the past five years, only way I could type in those foot long addresses, and no way could I print that neat that small. Stepdaughter didn't have that problem with the five year, has a simple USA address.

Adobe Pro tees me off, while the program really hasn't change much in the last 15 years, they keep on changing the pfd format every year and want several hundred bucks for an upgrade. And while their has been no changes in the N-400, they keep on updating it to the latest Adobe format. Didn't want to spend a fortune updating my Pro, but did want to use the latest dated form downloaded from the USCIS site, wouldn't load on my older two year version of pro, so had to use Reader instead.

Nothing like having printed copy so you can check and triple check it. Then spent hours with my wife and stepdaughter going over the form explaining it. Going through that form is the longest part of your interview and the most difficult. Civics and English test was super simple for both of them.

Actually on both forms, went clear back to the AOS and was mostly a copy and paste operation with updates. Same old stuff, over and over again. Also printed out an identical duplicate copy of that form and all the evidence. Good thing to have in case they lose your application. USCIS is great at losing stuff.

#8 Heliosphan

Heliosphan

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

I used caps but the only reason they ask you to do that is so that everything is more legible, not because your residency hinges on CAPS LOCK lol.

l - lower case L
I - upper case I

Both of those look the same, in all caps you'd be able to differentiate them easily.

Edited by Heliosphan, 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)
08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received
08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751
08/05/2010 - Check cashed
08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751
08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received
09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken
09/01/2010 - Case status appears online
11/08/2010 - Card production ordered
11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received
11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)
08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received
08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt
08/08/2011 - Check cashed
08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent
08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400
08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received
08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken
08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling
10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter
01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent
01/17/2012 - Interview letter received
02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter
03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

#9 Gary and Alla

Gary and Alla

Я вижу тебя

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Probably following the instructions is always best, just noting that not using all caps will not be a problem. Preferences are not requirements. Confusion can occur but can be corrected with different fonts also :

Edited by Gary and Alla, 30 January 2012 - 10:56 PM.

VERMONT!  I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

#10 Kajikit

Kajikit

Happy to be here

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

I think they want to make sure that it's properly readable. Caps/lowercase isn't an issue if you use a PDF-filler like most people do now... but handwriting can be very confusing. I never even noticed that requirement when I filled it out, but I typed it on the computer.
Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)
STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)
STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)
STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)
STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)
*N400 filed December 15, 2011
*Interview March 12, 2012
*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.