R and L

October NOA2, why does it take so long for USCIS to send the file to NVC?

10 posts in this topic

Argh! This waiting is crazy!

Got our NOA2 on 6th October and STILL our file hasn't even arrived to USCIS! Any people on the same boat?

NVC operator told that got to wait 15 business days before sending NVC our NOA2 as a scan, which after that they will contact USCIS and locate our file...

And this is not even getting the nvc case number,

our file took the snail bus for even getting to NVC!

Sigh! 4 months wait for NOA2 (I know some people wait longer, so should be grateful it was just 4),

then now NVC makes us wait again...just feeling so frustrated in this bureaucracy mud... :crying:

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Got our NOA2 on 6th October and STILL our file hasn't even arrived to USCIS! Any people on the same boat?

NVC operator told that got to wait 15 business days before sending NVC our NOA2 as a scan, which after that they will contact USCIS and locate our file...

Sigh! 4 months wait for NOA2 (I know some people wait longer, so should be grateful it was just 4),

then now NVC makes us wait again...just feeling so frustrated in this bureaucracy mud... :crying:

It will move faster now that you are at the Department of State. :) You're getting there. It usually doesn't take too long to reach the NVC, but everyone's case is different. Hang in there :thumbs:

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Unfortunately, there's been a backlog with USCIS/NVC since this early summer. It's been taking about a month from NOA2 to case number, with the case arriving at NVC sometime in between. It's been speculated that's probably been due to the high level of cases USCIS approved within a short time, and now NVC has to catch up as well as USCIS mailing them out.

Thanks Ben & Jill and Saylin!

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Just tired of this process...

USCIS
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ours was filed noa2 on the 7th october and arrived at NVC and was given the embassy case number on the 21st. Still hasn't been sent off to the embassy though....we're still waiting for that.

You are a fiance visa. So your process is a bit quicker.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are you ready for NVC? Do you have all documents ready to send off? I had mine all in envelopes and ready to print off the bar code. and I flew thru NVC is 13 days after case number finally received. It took 19 days for them to give me a case number. And then when I got the case number I could not do anything with it for 3 days till Monday came around.

Do you have the police, military, birth certif, marriage license, divorce and copies of all of them ready in one packet with ds-230 (or ready in a file online if you can do electronic filing).

And do you have the I-864 and 3 years tax transcripts and original paychecks and letter of employment (not mandatory) all ready in another packet. And did you make copies of your forms for yourself and spouse?

NVC has taken some people months to get all these things and the rfes that people get for not having correct or orginal documents. So, use your free time wisely and check those papers like 25 times.

Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Yes, got pretty much everything together! Minor fine tuning with papers but looks like we are ready to send the packages as soon as NVC is ready for us!

But good point to remind to have everything done, and the copies! We have some copied and some not, so that's one thing to do still!

I'm just frustrated that our file hasn't even arrived to NVC...Did send them our NOA2 approval form and they promised to contact USCIS and locate our file...just hoping it won't take too long for them to do that... :bonk:

Thanks so much for the help and advice!

USCIS
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC

Interview
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

I received my NOA2 on Oct 5...NVC received file from CSC on Oct 10 so the operator tells me. Last week I called, operator said call back end of

next week, we are still processing your file into our system...takes 10-15 business days...called back today more than 1 week later...your case is still not finished being entered into our system, it takes 20-30 working days.....really? but it is in the system enough for you to know its there at your office? but not enough to give it a case number? i thought CSC was slow....geez...took 8 months for NOA2...now this? I am with you...the waiting is killing me...but hang in there we'll get through this too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hear you. We received NOA2 on Oct. 4th....they did not receive it at the NVC until the 18th...but then it was already gone by the 20th. Go figure. I wrote them daily at NVCInquiry@state.gov and attached a scanned copy of my NOA2 asking politely about my case.

When and if you write them, use your petition number as the subject line, and include yours and your beneficiary's name and DOB in the body of the email.

You should get s response.

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.