gretchen_darren

st lukes discussion

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

btw - did she passed the medical exam? If she did then that is huge as many of us have to have the sputum culture test. If she has passed then who the hell cares what happened before she passed the exam? She passed for cripe sake. That's more than half the battle right there.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

but, it's a little bit embarrassing how we filipinos act when we saw foreigners. charge that to being colonized by several other countries. that's why, every time we see foreigners, we always thought they are superior and have lots of money.

Who's WE? :wacko: Speak for yourself! Your post EVEN made me feel embarassed. Sheeesh!!! :wacko:

That's a three bonker. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I guess the Philippines is just teaching you how to be more patient and more understanding and even more tolerating...

+1 for you.

You're too nice. ;) This is a lesson in humility.

Darren- I know nothing about the PI...but, please stop tantruming at the Medical Center as they don't give a rat's butt who is ' paying' for your fiancee's medical ...futhermore..... if I were a Filipina, I would be offended at your comment about it mostly being the American who pays for it.

Your fiancee does not need you in there holding her hand micro managing it all. Go grab a coffee and calm down before the Med Center e-mails the Embassy complaining about you.

Good Luck.

:thumbs:

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

btw - did she passed the medical exam? If she did then that is huge as many of us have to have the sputum culture test. If she has passed then who the hell cares what happened before she passed the exam? She passed for cripe sake. That's more than half the battle right there.

:thumbs:

If you can pass the medical without having to do the sputum test; then just be happy. :yes:

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

............................... But HE'S the PAYING AMERICAN for GODSAKE! :whistle:

Well, that changes everything. Where's the red carpet and cafe latte? *rollseyes*

darren, I hope you didn't send that letter to them. It really is offensive to Filipinas.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dude, when I had my medical there were Americans, Canadians, Australians waiting outside for their fiance/es/relatives/friends but I never heard any complains from them because they know the policy and they maturely follow the policy....:)

When life gives you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt....:)

Visa Journey

Mar 02 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

Mar 08 2011 - Delivered to Dallas

Mar 11 2011 - Check in cashed..

Mar 12 2011 - Initial Review; Status Last update...

Mar 14 2011 - NOA1 received by email - petition routed to VSC

Aug 10 2011- unexpectedly received mail from NVC saying we are approved

w/ my MNL case # on it.

Aug 11 2011- My approved petition already at USEM :)

Aug 16 2011- Finally, USCIS update our status..

Aug 22-23 2011 - Medical Exam: Passed! yay!

Aug 22 2011 - finally received hardcopy of NOA2 on mail and we were approved since Jul 13, 2011

Sep 02 2011 - Interview date! approved!

Sep 14 2011 - Visa received!

Sep 19 2011 - POE (Guam)

Oct 14 2011 - Wedding Day

Nov 21 2011 - AOS Sent

Nov 25 2011 - AOS Delivered

Nov 30 2011 - NOA1s received by email/

Dec 06 2011 - NOA1s hard copies received dated Nov 30, 2011

Dec 22 2011 - Biometric done

Welcome to the philippines where everything is backwards,

I wonder IF your wife knows how you insult the Philippines. Do your co-workers know? Does your wife's family know?

They do everything the "philippines" way,

Where do you live? Oh yea, the Philippines. DUH! :wacko:

I often do insane things all the time because thats just how it is

How can you be married to a Filipina, live in the Philippines and DEGRADE the country and people by labeling PI behavior as "insane"? If you're not happy, then get out of the Philippines. In fact, with your attitude about the Philippines, I bet you could raise 'MOVING' funds from Filipinos happy to see you leave.

Your post is a three bonker too. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Nah, you deserve four. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: New record. You're a winner! :thumbs:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

(procrastinated)

You really think you have "power" to tell SLEC what to do, huh? I'll applaud if you do. :wacko:

FYI, St. Luke's doesn't give a d*mn who pays for your fiancee's (and other's) medical. There is no policy on who should pay or where the money comes from. You paying for her medical doesn't mean SLEC should follow your demands. AS IF! :wacko: you are their boss.

Well, then NO medical for you. :lol: That's SIMPLE! Your " I want it my way coz I'm American and I'm paying for her medical" attitude put yourself in danger, :bonk: NOT SLEC. :no:

Sure, why not...? :wacko: But If I was the CO, I would pause for a second and wonder why you didn't "trust" your fiancee to carry the money herself. :blink: and, I doubt the CO would give a ratz caboose whether you were let in or not. No medical = No interview. DUH! :bonk:

NICE OBSERVATION AND COMMENTS, HAPPYNDINLOVE..

And besides, out of all the VJers here, I think you will be the first one who actually wrote a letter to complain about not being able to get in, without any valid reason for doing so. But you need to realize that in the Philippines, they are the ONLY HOSPITAL where you can have your medical done for US VISA purposes. There is NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO FOLLOW what they say. And not just the whole 'accompanying my fiance/wife' during the medical, but the dreaded SPUTUM TEST, PSYCH EXAM AND ALL THAT. Everybody else has to do those, why shouldn't you? What made you feel so special about paying for your fiance's medical? I bet you are not the first US citizen that has to pay for their wife's/fiance's medical exam, I'm sure of that, even permanent residents do that for their relatives too. what makes you any different from all of us?

Just wondering.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.