Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jon&lita311

time from NOA2 to packet 3?

12 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

how long does it usually take to receive the packet 3 after getting the NOA2? it's been over a month since I received my NOA2 and my fiancee still hasn't gotten her packet 3 yet. is there anything we should do? or just keep waiting?

how long does it usually take to receive the packet 3 after getting the NOA2? it's been over a month since I received my NOA2 and my fiancee still hasn't gotten her packet 3 yet. is there anything we should do? or just keep waiting?

do they have it online?

moving FROM K-1 TO Consulate forum

but she still hasn't received the letter from the embassy also.

and how do I know our case number? is the receipt number on the NOA2 or the number above the beneficiary on the NOA2?

I'm getting a busy signal when I call the NVC. #######? is that common? I didn't know it was possible to get a busy signal from an automated system

I received my NOA2 hard copy 4 days after it was mailed out. I called NVC today, first got the automated system then finally transfered to a a person. It took about 15-20 mins until someone answered. I gave them my WAC case number and she said they haven't received anything yet. She said it usually takes about 2-4 weeks for them to receive it. Im gonna continue to call every week just because i Have nothing better to do.

It took just over a month for my fiancee to receive packet 3 after the NOA2.

Did you get a letter from the NVC? I have read that it does not always happen.

You'll want to call the NVC and give them your case number from the NOA2. They should be able to give you the new case number for the consulate. Then you can contact the consulate to see if they sent packet three. It usually takes the consulate about two weeks to respond to emails.

It just so happened that in our case I was in Vietnam visiting my finacee, when I returned home the letter from the NVC was in the mail box. I called to verify they had sent the pacakage to the consulate and they confirmed it. I waited a few weeks and sent email to the consulate and the same day they replied my fiancee received packet 3 in the mail. What a sting of coincidence for us!

There are some delays in the process of sending, receiving and acknowledging these steps at each location. Hang in there, hopefully you can get some peace of mind soon (if thats possible :wacko: )

thanks. we received our NOA2 at the end of January and my fiancee still hasn't gotten anything from the embassy and she's just a little worried and curious at the same time.

so when I call the NVC, I just give them my NOA2 receipt number and they should give me a new case number?

Hello, Jon& Lita.

For Indonesian Consulate, I think your fiancee will not receive anything from the consulate/embassy. In fact, it was me the US citizen that received notification/ package 3 in form of email.

Did you put email address in your I-129F package? (can't remember the exact form)

When you call the NVC, they should be able to give you the JAK# .

The NVC had our case for like a week before they sent it out to Jakarta.

Wish you luck :)

Hello, Jon& Lita.

For Indonesian Consulate, I think your fiancee will not receive anything from the consulate/embassy. In fact, it was me the US citizen that received notification/ package 3 in form of email.

Did you put email address in your I-129F package? (can't remember the exact form)

When you call the NVC, they should be able to give you the JAK# .

The NVC had our case for like a week before they sent it out to Jakarta.

Wish you luck smile.gif

How long did it take for us embassy to send you packet 3 from the time they receive your file from the NVC?

This thread is over 3 years old; the OP hasn't logged onto VJ for 4 months, and the last respondent hasn't logged on for 7 months. You'd do best to post your question in the Africa: Sub-Saharan regional subforum (or, better, search for the answer there before inquiring).

Edited by TBoneTX

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.