Sign in to follow this  
nyankee

How long does it take after sending I864 packet.

16 posts in this topic

I sent the i864 packet on october 29th, and got there the next day friday. How long till i know if it got approved or not? IF i get invoiced for the IV bill, does that mean my I864 got approved? I only got till december 19th before i leave the country, so just need to know if i'll have any luck getting this done before that.

I sent the i864 packet on october 29th, and got there the next day friday. How long till i know if it got approved or not? IF i get invoiced for the IV bill, does that mean my I864 got approved? I only got till december 19th before i leave the country, so just need to know if i'll have any luck getting this done before that.

There's two different paths at the NVC. The first path is DS-3032 which generates the IV Bill which generates the DS-230. The second path is the AOS fee bill which generates the I-864. So you're done with one of the paths, you still have the other one to complete.

Diana

The NVC got your DS3032 on Oct 28, 2009 but until now they still not say my husband to pay IV bill. I dont know how. My husband sent I-864 with cover sheet of AOS bill already. I saw someone their case really quickly.

Well im in the same boat. They say it takes about two weeks. Have to wait and see.

Here: After you pay the $70, print and send your I864 off. (Petitioner does this).

Once your DS 3032 is accepted a week or so after you've sent it, your IV bill of $400 will be generated, and then you may send your DS 230 package off. (Beneficiary does this).

Those two are independent, simultaneous steps but converge to give you a CASE COMPLETE.

Read the guides if you need any more clarifications. The NVC flowchart helped me get it.

Your should get an e-mail that it is ready to be paid... However, keep an eye out on the website too... However, be careful about paying it the moment it is available on the website, it is better to wait for the e-mail invoice otherwise some have experienced a delay in paying too soon (before NVC invoice)

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.