thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just tell them you couldn't committ to it time wise. You're a busy gal and unfortunately your schedule just wouldn't allow it. :)

No way, it is time to be honest with them all; don't wait till the wedding, do it now. The sooner they all know the truth the sooner they can support the groom and prevent this disaster

That would be the thing to do... If she had no class. Regardless of how you feel of someone, you shouldn't try to sway others. They'll find out on their own or they won't. No need to add fan the flames especially with family. Take the high road.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Just so you all know, I'm drinking until I puke :D So the pictures will be GREATTTT!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Just so you all know, I'm drinking until I puke :D So the pictures will be GREATTTT!

You need to find a nice bib to wear over your dress that has some customized message on it that will needle her like crazy haha. Maybe something like:

"To be Used for Wedding August 2009

Brought Out of Retirement for Divorce, January 2010"

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The best weddings to do that at are trainwreck ones. You know the saying.............. In vino veritas :whistle:

Timeline

Or you could stand at the back of the church waving keys at the groom throughout the wedding ceremony :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

You'd probably be better off levelling with your family before the wedding about why you are no longer involved, however, if you really don't want to go there (although you don't know what the bridezilla might tell them so you may want to go there after all. . .), you could always say that there were irreconcilable differences and leave it at that. Your family know you and I am pretty sure understand you wouldn't have made such a choice unless you really needed to.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Everything as been said already, but personally I don't like when people are in miserablel situations, and although you are trying to be the better person by letting your BIL figure this out by himself, I would personnally tell him not to marry that girl....

It's not going to be a happy wedding at all :( And it's gonna suck for a lot of people in the family as well :(

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline
You'd probably be better off levelling with your family before the wedding about why you are no longer involved, however, if you really don't want to go there (although you don't know what the bridezilla might tell them so you may want to go there after all. . .), you could always say that there were irreconcilable differences and leave it at that. Your family know you and I am pretty sure understand you wouldn't have made such a choice unless you really needed to.

Well to be honest, I'm sure my father in law has already gotten the word around to all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. So I'm sure they will all know most of it any ways. I just want to say something like, "She requested that ti wasn't her choice to have me in the wedding so I thought it was best to let her face her day free of things that weren't her choice!"

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline
Everything as been said already, but personally I don't like when people are in miserablel situations, and although you are trying to be the better person by letting your BIL figure this out by himself, I would personnally tell him not to marry that girl....

It's not going to be a happy wedding at all :( And it's gonna suck for a lot of people in the family as well :(

It will be. Amanda will get sh1tfaced and puke on the bride's dress :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Agreed.

I'm sure he still loves her very much and I do hope that he looks at it from a life perspective, trailmix.

I just can't believe they called him emotionally abusive. He's nothing of the sort. All he has done is defend her and stick up for her for four years. He told Jared he wanted to apologize to me for all the times he had to call me because she asked him to. (ie. he would call me when I would ask the wedding party if we could compromise on a gift that was economically suitable for every one, and they would call him telling him I was being unreasonable)

He feels so bad now that he ever got involved in that staff and wants to say sorry. I told him he doesn't need to say sorry at all! I understand the pressure he was under and I love him. There is no need for apologies there.

She has told him that if he calls off the wedding or wants to delay it, they are finished.

So far her and her family sound like control freaks :(

I hope your BIL understands that and doesn't fall victim to their manipulations.

OH my, he's still going to go thru with it?? This is going to be a horrible wedding for him, and that's just the start of their life together.

Edited by MikeMc

Timeline

I must have missed this thread. Just read the whole thing and it breaks my heart. I really hope he can see what hes getting into before its too late. I'm sorry for you as well Amanda, I can't believe she would do that to you. Someone needs to smack that child, then seperate her from her parents and throw her into the real world for a little bit. Sounds like she is genuinely more concerned about her precious wedding than her relationship with your BIL, which is sickening.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.