Mailys

Steps after NOA2 approved

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi there! I'm getting a bit confused regarding the steps after the NOA2 being approved. What I understood is that:

1) our application will be moved to NVC who will assign us a case number.

2) Once I have the case number, I can fill-out the DS-160 online and take an appointment for the interview

3) Our case is mailed at the US Embassy in my home country

4) I bring the documents at the interview (and have a medical appointment before)

I'm espacially getting confused with the documents (such as the Affidit of support, policed records...): will I need to mail them or bring them at the embassy during my interview?

Thank you for your help!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mailys said:

Hi there! I'm getting a bit confused regarding the steps after the NOA2 being approved. What I understood is that:

1) our application will be moved to NVC who will assign us a case number.

2) Once I have the case number, I can fill-out the DS-160 online and take an appointment for the interview

3) Our case is mailed at the US Embassy in my home country

4) I bring the documents at the interview (and have a medical appointment before)

I'm espacially getting confused with the documents (such as the Affidit of support, policed records...): will I need to mail them or bring them at the embassy during my interview?

Thank you for your help!

It depends on the embassy, your embassy will send you instructions.

normally you take them to the interview, but some embassies ask them to be sent before the interview. 

Edited by Naes

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mailys said:

Ok, I wans't sure if it changes from one country to another.

However, I gave my address in the US since I was there when I filled out the I-129. Does it mean that I will be mailed there? Which will take a bit longer of course...

So beneficiary's physical address and mailing address was in the US??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mailys said:

I think so but to be honest I don't remember well since it was many months ago and we didn't make a photocopy of our I-129...

Yeah that could be a challenge. I think you better  prepare for an RFE, sorry :unsure:

EDIT: wait, I see you already got your NOA-2. They didn't ask for that? Would that work the same as with @Naeswhere she is from Turkey but living in Japan so needs to go to the Japanese embassy? But you don't have an American embassy in the states do you? This is confusing. I'll shut up now. 

Edited by Little_Vixen

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Yeah that could be a challenge. I think you better  prepare for an RFE, sorry :unsure:

They got approved already.

I just don't know what an embassy would do with that.

@Jolie&Charles you were doing it from France right? Did the embassy sent a package or just an email?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mailys said:

I think so but to be honest I don't remember well since it was many months ago and we didn't make a photocopy of our I-129...

Find out if France sends package by mail or email. If it is by mail they will send it to the mailing address you put there. If you're already in France, contact embassy with your case number and correct your address.

A k1s address shouldn't be in US, as you're not suppose to be a resident I think.

5 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

EDIT: wait, I see you already got your NOA-2. They didn't ask for that? Would that work the same as with @Naeswhere she is from Turkey but living in Japan so needs to go to the Japanese embassy? But you don't have an American embassy in the states do you? This is confusing. I'll shut up now. 

They need to be outside of US to get an interview. So let's see what will happen.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Thank you all for your answers. I put my address in the U.S. as my current address because it was the case when I filled out when I was there for an internship. I might have put my French address too but I can't remember. However, my fiancé lives at this address, we have an apartment together.

I'll try to figure out if the French embassy contact per mail or email.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mailys said:

Thank you all for your answers. I put my address in the U.S. as my current address because it was the case when I filled out when I was there for an internship. I might have put my French address too but I can't remember. However, my fiancé lives at this address, we have an apartment together.

I'll try to figure out if the French embassy contact per mail or email.

Ah then you were correct to do that. 

Then as In regular address changes, (I'm changing too) you just need to contact the embassy no worries necessary :) it happens a lot more than some people think.

Timeline
On 18/02/2018 at 12:30 PM, Naes said:

They got approved already.

I just don't know what an embassy would do with that.

@Jolie&Charles you were doing it from France right? Did the embassy sent a package or just an email?

Hey sorry for the late answer I was traveling to some family !

I have not received anything but a letter from NVC stating they forwarded our case to the Embassy in France on the 6th Feb.. 

I tried to call, email the embassy.. Nothing but an error message stating my case number is not ready yet for interiew.. :(

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jolie&Charles said:

I have not received anything but a letter from NVC stating they forwarded our case to the Embassy in France on the 6th Feb.. 

I tried to call, email the embassy.. Nothing but an error message stating my case number is not ready yet for interiew.. :(

I Frenchy! It's nice to have French people here! Thank you for your answer. Haven't you received from NVC with your case number so you can fill out the DS-160?

Good luck!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mailys said:

I Frenchy! It's nice to have French people here! Thank you for your answer. Haven't you received from NVC with your case number so you can fill out the DS-160?

Good luck!

Bonsoir !!! hey hey ! Yeah that feels good ! Are you a June filer aswell? 

I got this letter from the NVC yes and I filled and did submit the ds-160 already.. On the phone the only answer I got is to wait from now.. 

Edit : Just checked your timelines.. You a June filer and Congratulations on your NOA2 !! :jest:

There is not much frenchies here, so I propose to let you know as soon as there is movement on my side and you do the same, deal? :D

Edited by Jolie&Charles

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jolie&Charles said:

Hope it will resolve soon... wow can't believe you're still waiting

Timeline
10 hours ago, Naes said:

Hope it will resolve soon... wow can't believe you're still waiting

Thank you Naes, Yes.. But its far less stressing than for the NOA2, we decided to wait until the end of March. The 23rd March I will be in Paris, so I will just pop up at the embassy ! 🙋🏽‍♀️ lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.