Zeezy

F1 visa renewal denied

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you for this forum.

I was admitted 2014 into a private university in Florida , I got all my documents and applied for a visa which I got the second try.

I came to the US from Nigeria to study engineering, along the line I found another university which was cheaper and offered the same course with a larger African community , I decided to make the change which went well. 

2016 my tuition didn't arrive early enough for me to enroll the allowed 12 credit unit so my sevis was cancelled and I was out of status, I was able to enroll for 6 credit unit and I continued attending classes. This summer I decided to return back to Nigeria to renew my visa I got a new 1-20 from school,transcript , admission letter . Now I'm back home the embassy has denied me four times now. 

I dnt know what to do, school has resumed I cant continue my studies. did anyone get into this type of problem and what's The best way to get out of it. 

This is my future right here and I don't know what to do. I'm so confused.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Look for somewhere else to study, lots of options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So those 4 denials, what did they say was the reason for denial?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Look for somewhere else to study as in another country not the US again I have 3 more semesters to graduate and also for the refusal they just hand me the blue paper saying I can re apply at any time . Have I been banded from the United state . I made a huge mistake of returning, I thought it was for the best. 

Can you get in touch with the international office at your university? They might help you figure out why you were denied.

What is your grade average? Do you have proofs of funds? Maybe try getting extra evidence, like a recommendation letter from a professor -- hopefully you are doing well academically, and he/she can mention that you are serious about your studies.

You probably go into trouble the semester that you were not a full time student. That is a violation of the visa. You should have stayed in the US and not risk it going to renew the visa, but you are already out of the US. Did you violate your visa in any other way?

Timeline

OP gave enough clues in the original post.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have gotten in touch with my international office no reply yet, I'm doing well in school, and no i didn't violate my visa in any other way , I didn't go with proof of funds since they rarely look at my supporting documents . I'm working on the recommendation letter from one of my professors 

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, Zeezy said:

i attended school for 6months, 8months, i 94 said admit until date DS.

Thank you

Acc to this, it might be problematic if you're out of status for 5 months.

https://www.murthy.com/2013/01/28/cancellation-of-student-visa-and-visa-reapplication-from-abroad/

39 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

Acc to this, it might be problematic if you're out of status for 5 months.

https://www.murthy.com/2013/01/28/cancellation-of-student-visa-and-visa-reapplication-from-abroad/

Does that mean all hope is lost, can I do my fall semester online and reapply for a visa spring session ?

32 minutes ago, Zeezy said:

Does that mean all hope is lost, can I do my fall semester online and reapply for a visa spring session ?

I think you should wait for your international office to reply and get their advice. You have a new I-20 from them.

The consulate said that you can re-apply. Being denied once is fine but 4 times? That's a lot of money. You can do a 5th application but wait until you hear from your school. Or personally, you might need more proof of funds or closer ties to your home country. Do you have immediate family in the US? In any case, I hope you'll be approved if you try a 5th time. If not, hopefully you'll get a chance to ask and hear their reason for denial.

I'm sure you can continue your studies online.  I can't think of any reason why it should be a problem since you're outside the US.

My 2 cents worth.

28 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

I think you should wait for your international office to reply and get their advice. You have a new I-20 from them.

The consulate said that you can re-apply. Being denied once is fine but 4 times? That's a lot of money. You can do a 5th application but wait until you hear from your school. Or personally, you might need more proof of funds or closer ties to your home country. Do you have immediate family in the US? In any case, I hope you'll be approved if you try a 5th time. If not, hopefully you'll get a chance to ask and hear their reason for denial.

I'm sure you can continue your studies online.  I can't think of any reason why it should be a problem since you're outside the US.

My 2 cents worth.

And hopefully the denials have nothing to do with the 8 month out of status if the embassy tells you that you can re-apply anytime. Would an embassy tell people that they can re-apply anytime without explicitly telling them they're banned for a couple of years? I have no idea.

Good luck and I hope you hear some great news.

Timeline

There is no mention of any ban, and of course like any non immigrant visa you can apply as often as you like. You can still if you have a ban.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.