An&In

K-1 Waiting (patiently) For NOA2

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My Girlfriend and I have filed for K-1 back on April 17th. I have been watching the USCIS site everyday waiting for NOA2. As the day comes closer, we both get more nervous! we want to make sure we have what we need and there will be no surprises. I will say what I know we need and anybody with any other advice please feel free to help!

Copy of Original I-129F 

Proof of ongoing relationship since the I-129F was submitted.

Affidavit of support (I-134, W-2, Letter from bank, Letter from employer)

medical check for her

criminal background and birth certificate for her (original and translated)

I will go to the interview with her. I have read that they will mail you your passport or you can request to pick it put at a different location. I am a little confused about the process after the NOA2 is issued. I know it will be sent to the NVC then to the embassy. the NVC gives you a  pack that has a number that you use to schedule you interview? Does it include information on how to pay for the interview? She is in Belarus and the interview has to be in Warsaw, Poland. I know there are thousands of threads on here. If anybody can direct me to a thread with theses answers or help me here would be more than appreciated! 

Thank you for your time and help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, An&In said:

My Girlfriend and I have filed for K-1 back on April 17th. I have been watching the USCIS site everyday waiting for NOA2. As the day comes closer, we both get more nervous! we want to make sure we have what we need and there will be no surprises. I will say what I know we need and anybody with any other advice please feel free to help!

Copy of Original I-129F 

medical check for her

I will go to the interview with her. I have read that they will mail you your passport or you can request to pick it put at a different location. I am a little confused about the process after the NOA2 is issued. I know it will be sent to the NVC then to the embassy. the NVC gives you a  pack that has a number that you use to schedule you interview? Does it include information on how to pay for the interview? She is in Belarus and the interview has to be in Warsaw, Poland. I know there are thousands of threads on here. If anybody can direct me to a thread with theses answers or help me here would be more than appreciated! 

As far as I understand you're correct but I am kind of in the same situation as you, I still have questions. One thing that I found out the other day is that your fiancé will need police reports, one from the Federal Government and one for each State/Province they have lived in for the past 5 years. I am not 100 percent sure if this only applies to certain countries or not but definitely something to look into. Having said that, they're fairly easy to obtain in most cases. Good luck to you both and I hope this helped.

59 minutes ago, An&In said:

Copy of Original I-129F 

medical check for her

23 minutes ago, Ping747 said:

As far as I understand you're correct but I am kind of in the same situation as you, I still have questions. One thing that I found out the other day is that your fiancé will need police reports, one from the Federal Government and one for each State/Province they have lived in for the past 5 years. I am not 100 percent sure if this only applies to certain countries or not but definitely something to look into. Having said that, they're fairly easy to obtain in most cases. Good luck to you both and I hope this helped.

Each country's requirements are different so I would recommend you checking out your country's portal to make sure you have all the correct documents and know the correct steps. After the approval of the NOA2, the standards steps are as follows:

• NVC will provide your case # which is what the beneficiary will use on the CEAC site in order to fill out the DS-160 (visa form) and also to schedule medical and interview
  • Petitioner and Beneficiary need to make sure they have original birth certificates and current passports
  • Petitioner needs to have I-134 (Affidavit of Support) filled out and signed, along with supporting documentation to show proof that the beneficiary will not become a public charge (i.e. employment letter, paystubs, tax transcripts and bank statements if you're self-employed)
    • if you are using a sponsor they have to fill out the I-134 and also provide the same supporting docs
  • Beneficiary needs to get original birth certificate
  • Beneficiary will need to get certified documents of the following:
    • Certificate of Non-Impediment
    • Police Certificate/police records (certified)
  • Beneficiary will need 6-8 passport photos (they are used for the medical and interview/approval by the embassy)
  • Both Petitioner and Beneficiary need to have updated letters of intent signed by each of you (the dates on these letters must be changed and reflect as current - 30 days or so from the interview date)
  • The original I-129F will or should be sent to the Beneficiary to go over and review as the questions from the interview will come from there (although providing a copy to the beneficiary is also good)
  • Proof of ongoing relationship from the time the petition was sent to date
  • Being present at the interview is optional (although is extremely helpful and provides the CO with visual proof because they always appreciate when the USC is able to attend)

Again, read over your country's portal so you can be prepared and no what to expect! Good Luck! :D

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi again, 

I sent you pm.

You can go directly tpolish embassy website here https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/

theere is all you need to know, just follow the instructions there.

My checklist for Interview in Warsaw ( all in one folder):

- passport + 2 visa photos

- copy of I129F approval

- letter from package3 sent by embassy

- copy of NOA1

- DS160 confirmation page

- confirmation for payment (MRV) and passport pick up location (UID)

- full birth certificate - they need copy and original to see 

- court report - original and copy

- medical check in unopened envelope 

- I134 form copy

------------------------

no proof of ongoing relationship needed

if any questions please send me the message.

embassy interview took 1h in total ( 55 minutes waiting and 5 minutes interview with really nice Consul)!:)

Brgds

a

• 10 months later...

An&In Mrs&Mr

My fiancee is from Belarus and her interview will be in Warsaw, Poland.

Can you help with the following questions, please?

1. The medical exam can be done only after receiving the case number from NVC, no need to wait for the documents to reach the embassy/consulate. 
    Do you know whether it is allowed to do the medical before we even get the case number?
  2. When did you obtain the police report? Right after receiving the case number from NVC, too?
  3. An&In, do you remember how much time it took for the medical exam and police report and how much did you pay?
  4. Does my fiancee's birth certificate needs to be translated and notarized or just translated?
  5. Did you do anything special to be allowed at your fiancee's interview? Did you just come to the interview with your passport and was allowed? No need for the U.S. citizen to fill out DS-160?

Thank you in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.