shoesoff

Interview Documents (Final check)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Folks,

I know there are summary topics for the London embassy, and links to their 'required documents' but I keep reading posts and seeing different things that people are bringing that are not mentioned on any of these lists.

l would love a little peace of mind if you lovely people could spare me a quick second and check over my list.

I have, ready for my interview:

• Passport - expires in 2026 - as well looked after as I could keep it (it lives in an empty CD case, especially when travelling)
  • Old passport - contains a previous trip to America and some other international trips
  • Police certificate - x2
  • Birth certificate - 2 versions both with photo copies
  • Medical appointment documents - including confirmation to use during AOS
  • US Passport photos - x2 - left over from when we initially sent in the application in February (4 and a bit months old)
  • Original letter from Embassy informing me of my case number - with attached photo copy of i-129f
  • Printed confirmation page from DS-160 - both pages
  • Printed confirmation email for scheduled interview
  • Printed confirmation of payment for both interview and courier
  • Fiancée's I-134 - including letter from employer, letters from bank & previous bank statements
  • Fiancée's mom's I-134 - including letter from employer, letters from bank & previous bank statements
  • Typed letter confirming our intent to marry - mine and hers
  • Fiancée's birth certificate & passport

Now. I've also seen mentioned (in a post from May) something about a Sworn Statement? From friends and family? Do I need that!? That wasn't mentioned anywhere I could see. Certainly not on the official list (which helpfully omits the requirement of the confirmation letters too! :P)

Am I missing anything else? Other evidence? Photos? I heard they weren't necessary and although useful, my fiancée will be there with me to prove that we've met recently! (side question, do I need to let the Embassy know in advance that she will be joining me? She'd just be waiting in the waiting room with me, correct?)

I would really super appreciate a quick look over! Thank you so much. Again. All of you are great.

Looks good, I took updated letters of intent, the CO said he didn't need them but would take them as I had them.

When I went last year they only used 1 photo, scanned it and gave it back to me.

I don't know if your fiancée can go in if you haven't let them know, you can use the contact form on the London embassy website (I would add a link but my iPad is bing moody)

London is a straightforward Embassy, I took folders of additional proof and the CO didn't want to see anything so unless your case is complex you won't need any sworn statements 

Good Luck :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

All you really need:

• Passport - expires in 2026 - as well looked after as I could keep it (it lives in an empty CD case, especially when travelling)
  • No
  • Police certificate - x 1
  • Birth certificate One version with parent names on it
  • Medical appointment documents - including confirmation to use during AOS
  • US Passport photos - x1
  • Original letter from Embassy informing me of my case number - 
  • Printed confirmation page from DS-160 - both pages
  • Printed confirmation email for scheduled interview
  • Printed confirmation of payment for both interview and courier
  • No
  • Fiancée's mom's I-134 - including letter from employer, letters from bank & previous bank statements
  • No
  • No

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Forgot to say, yes get authorization for your fiancé. See this page https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/ There is a FAQ drop down explaining. Read down the list.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

My interview was actually yesterday! And I was approved!

I didn't need my old passport, my second birth certificate (or either copies), my medical stuff, my embassy letter, my DS-160 confirmation, the I-134 support documents beyond the letter from employer, anything of my fiancée's....

Also, having obviously not arranged for my fiancée to join me for the interview the following day (!), I just asked at the visa tent outside and they said it was fine. Super lax. They weren't even bothered that I forgot her US Passport. Her Washington driver's license was enough.

All in all, despite a lot of waiting (3 hours in total) everything went super smooth and was just as easy as I was hoping, and kept hearing from the forum.

Good luck to anyone else heading there in the near future. Please let me know if there are any questions I can help with.

Y'all are great. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.