craftercool

Interview, vaccines and fingerprints. My lawyer is driving me nuts!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
I just got the letter where they are scheduling my interview appointment in a month from now.
But my lawyer is driving me crazy! She just can't explain things well, and I don't know how to ask her any more.

She tells me to make a trip right away to the U.S. in order to get the necessary vaccines so when I get to the interview I'll be ready and they won't have to vaccinate me.

But! On the other hand I have friends and other people telling me not to apply any vaccine since they could not even take them as valid in the interview and I could get vaccinated again that day (double expenses, double pain).

I no longer know what to do, I had understood that in the same week before the interview I could carry out the process of the fingerprints scan and medical examination. Can anyone please orientate me about this? Especially those who have been through this recently.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

PS: As additional info, my lawyer says "if you come to the US right now, I'll give you the address of a clinic where they'll charge you about $30 bucks for all the neccessary vaccines, but if you wait until the interview day they'll charge you $60 bucks for every vaccine". That's like... a lot of difference :blink: Don't you think? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

What visa are you trying to get?

A US Resident Visa (or Green Card), my wife and I started this process a year ago, this is the last step but... I mean I've heard so many things that now my head aches. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, craftercool said:

A US Resident Visa (or Green Card), my wife and I started this process a year ago, this is the last step but... I mean I've heard so many things that now my head aches. 

A spousal visa

How far are you in the process? Have you heard from the embassy about where to take your medical?

You should ask for this to be moved to the mexico forum since they will know the way to do it there :) since each country is different

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Consider  sacking the lawyer..

I'm getting a Green Card since my wife is an american citizen and we started this process a year ago, I'll read again the wikiguide here, the thing is that I wanted to know if someone from this forum had passed through this recently. 

Timeline
Just now, Georgia16 said:

How far are you in the process? Have you heard from the embassy about where to take your medical?

Yes my interview is scheduled in Juarez Mexico, but since I'm already a tourist visa holder that's why my lawyer is asking me to go to El Paso TX and get the vaccines right away, I just don't know if that's the best idea or if I should wait until the interview to get vaccinated.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

you will have to prove to them you will return and being this far in the immigrant visa process it can be hard. any surge you can do your medical at can do the vaccines too or at least tell you where you can get them done.

good luck and consider dropping the lawyer and finishing it diy.

4 minutes ago, craftercool said:

Yes my interview is scheduled in Juarez Mexico, but since I'm already a tourist visa holder that's why my lawyer is asking me to go to El Paso TX and get the vaccines right away, I just don't know if that's the best idea or if I should wait until the interview to get vaccinated.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION The date of your visa interview appointment is indicated in the letter that you received from the National Visa Center or from the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to complete the medical examination with one of the authorized medical clinics before the interview date. We suggest that you make arrangements for your medical examination at least two days prior to your appointment date. Complete details about medical exams can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html Each applicant, regardless of age, must have a medical examination. The only medical offices authorized to perform medical examinations on behalf of this Consulate are: *CLINICA MEDICA INTERNACIONAL *SERVICIOS MEDICOS DE LA FRONTERA AVE. RAMON RIVERA LARA # 9020 PROL. RAMON RIVERA LARA #8950 COL. PARTIDO SENECU COL. PARTIDO SENECU CD. JUAREZ, CHIH., MEXICO C.P.32543 CD. JUAREZ, CHIH., MEXICO C.P.32540 TEL: (011-52-656) 227-2800 TEL: (011-52-656) 688-2700 FAX: (011-52-656) 227-2808 FAX: (011-52-656) 688-2701 Toll Free from US 1 855 219-0670 Toll Free from US 1 844 847-5340 Llamada gratuita de México 01 800 849-9433 Llamada gratuita de México 01 800 201-8472

Timeline
2 minutes ago, yaya2004 said:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION 

Well look at that:  two days prior to the interview appointment.

This lawyer doesn't know what she's talking about then.

Thank you very much yaya2004.

13 minutes ago, craftercool said:

I'm getting a Green Card since my wife is an american citizen and we started this process a year ago, I'll read again the wikiguide here, the thing is that I wanted to know if someone from this forum had passed through this recently. 

My husband and I just went through the process in Juarez two weeks ago. He needed all vaccines at the medical because he had no record, and it costs us $450 USD ( $9060 pesos). 

There were other people at the medical exam who brought their vaccine records saying they didn't need any, but they still made them get shots and had to pay again! So, yes, you might have to pay twice.

If it's only $30 in El Paso, though, it might not be a problem to go get them done there and take the risk. That is very, very, cheap though, and I find it hard to believe it's possible...

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

1 minute ago, craftercool said:

It's only a MINIMUM of two days prior. You can do it sooner. The medical results are only valid for six months, though, so you wouldn't want to do it sooner than that.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

4 minutes ago, craftercool said:

you are welcome. but try to get done 2 weeks before your interview just to be in the safe side

Timeline
2 minutes ago, afortunada said:

My husband and I just went through the process in Juarez two weeks ago.

Exactly! That's what I heard! That even getting the vaccines before the interview you could get asked to pay for them again and that's precisely what I don't want, since I'm 5 hours away from El Paso every trip cost me about 100 USD.

On the other hand if getting vaccinated for 30 USD will get me a valid medical result that would be great! But... who knows, right? :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.