zilchfox

NVC Case Number - How long did it take you to receive this?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all!

Just curious as to how long it took you to receive your NVC case numbers? We received the NOA2 on June 9th and nothing since and with the Canada Post strike potentially happening, might I not receive anything via mail at all?

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

you should call nvc and ask them about your case number

it takes 1-2 weeks to get your case number

don't wait for the mail . just call them and get everything

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don't wait for the Mail you should be calling.

My noa2 was June 8 still nothing yet. A lot of people around that time frame haven't gotten anything either and we all call like everyday. I think they're kinda delayed. Or USCIS is delayed in sending them.

Timeline

I actually just tried calling this morning and they haven't received it yet unfortunately.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours was a number. Somewhere between USCIS and the NVC they ended up losing our petition, so it took like two months to get it. The first time we called they said that they had received it but it takes "4 weeks to process it" (??) so we called back 4 weeks later and still nothing. took 4 more weeks of hassling them and going between them and USCIS to get the number. So frustrating. Make sure you keep on them. Call them every couple of days if not every day and request to escalate it to a supervisor if you have to.

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/19/2016

Packet 4 Confirmation Received: 04/20/2016

Scheduled medical and interview - 04/20/2016

Medical - 06/09/2016 - read my review!

Interview - 06/29/2016 - APPROVED - read my review!

Visa Issued - 07/05/2016

Visa shipped by Purolator - 07/07/2016

Visa in hand - 07/08/2016

POE - 08/03/2016

Timeline

You guys sure about calling everyday? I don't want to harass them :/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You guys sure about calling everyday? I don't want to harass them :/

once in 3 days should be fine

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA2 June 1st and nothing since. I call NVC every other day. I called Uscis yesterday to get to a teir 2 supervisor only to be sent "if you want us to call you back in 63 minutes press 1". I got the call back 4 hours later only to hear recording that "no one is available at this time".

This process is maddening! Fiancé spent 8 years legally in USA on work visa paying taxes, now can't even visit me, I have to go there! We got and answered rfe which was approved now lost in space? Usic teir 1 told me they didn't even have a send out date.

We have a legit 4 year relationship, no diseases or crimes, gainfully employed. I swear I will write my representative if I don't get SOME type of definite information on my case when I call on July 5th. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Received my NOA2 on June 7th, I actually emailed this morning requesting a case number and my fiancé will try to get through this coming week, I've noticed on the K1 visa trends on timeliness section of this site they are processing NOA2 s dated the 9th June, so we are getting there.

Timeline

Received my NOA2 on June 7th, I actually emailed this morning requesting a case number and my fiancé will try to get through this coming week, I've noticed on the K1 visa trends on timeliness section of this site they are processing NOA2 s dated the 9th June, so we are getting there.

It can take up to 90 days. Yes in my years here i have seen it take this long. Generally takes about 2-4 weeks though.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hi received NOA2 on June 7th, my fiancés tried calling few times from within the US, however I bought skype credit called this morning around 7:10 new Hampshire time pushed option 1 for English then option 7 for all others, rang 3 times and a very nice gentleman picked up and gave me Nvc case number and invoice ID number, and told me a few weeks there before getting sent off, so I'm very happy

Timeline

Just called and got our case number and invoice ID today! It's still in administrative processing but I'm glad we got it!

Timeline

Second update: in the same day it's now on its way to the consulate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.