solus

Include white envelope and CD?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im finally gathering my last bits together. I know I need to include the vaccination supplement in its white envelope with the AOS filing, but do I also need to include the original copy of the overseas medical (still in its sealed white envelope) or the CD with the xrays? He was told to keep them, and the guy at his interview told him to include the white envelope in the AOS filing (I was there with him), but nowhere in the i-485 or i-693 instructions does it make mention of it, only sections 1, 2, 4 and 7 of the 693...

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The CD is yours to keep, the envelope is generally a copy of the medical report sent to the interviewing consulate. What was the beneficiary told about this at the medical exam. You are being a bit too cryptic, at what interview? what guy?

Read the pinned thread at the top of this forum page about Immunizations....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The only thing you need to include is form DS3025 that the beneficiary was given at the interview and I-693 if it applies.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

The CD is yours to keep, the envelope is generally a copy of the medical report sent to the interviewing consulate. What was the beneficiary told about this at the medical exam. You are being a bit too cryptic, at what interview? what guy?

Read the pinned thread at the top of this forum page about Immunizations....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Sorry, it was his K1 interview in Frankfurt. There are 3 windows; at the second, the guy who makes sure all information/spellings/etc are correct in the system and tells you how you will receive your packet (in an orange envelope with his passport, a brown envelope for CBP and a white envelope with a copy of the medical for the AOS) said we would need to send it, but again, no mention in the pdf instructions for the i-693. So Im assuming that inside the white envelope is the DS 3025? He said not to open it, so we havent. We know the medical is still valid as it was done in June, so we just did the vaccination supplement of the form i-693 as the instructions state.

I have read the pinned thread on here which discusses everything, but like I said, we were told not to open the white envelope with the original medical, so we havent and were not entirely sure whats in it.

So, even though the instructions dont mention a copy of the original medical, I should include that envelope and the new one with the vaccination supplement?

Edited by solus

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I haven't heard anyone getting their medical in a sealed envelope. Only thing I've heard about sealed envelope is something about immunizations but I'm not sure if that applies to K1 people. I think most K1 people send in their whole medical. The CD is yours to keep. Doubt anyone at USCIS is trained to look at lung x-rays and figure out what's what in there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Some countries, such as Germany, the panel physician provides a copy of the entire medical to the K-1 applicant. It is not actually required to be sent with the I-485, and technically neither is a copy of the DS-3025. The DS-3025 copy is usually included just to point out that you had all your vaccinations completed. The USCIS actually has your original DS-3025 along with the rest of your medical exam documents in their file already. You handed those over in the sealed envelope at your POE.

Since you went to a civil surgeon and had the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693, the only thing you need to include with your I-485 is the sealed envelope containing the I-693 that the civil surgeon gave you here in the US.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Some countries, such as Germany, the panel physician provides a copy of the entire medical to the K-1 applicant. It is not actually required to be sent with the I-485, and technically neither is a copy of the DS-3025. The DS-3025 copy is usually included just to point out that you had all your vaccinations completed. The USCIS actually has your original DS-3025 along with the rest of your medical exam documents in their file already. You handed those over in the sealed envelope at your POE.

Since you went to a civil surgeon and had the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693, the only thing you need to include with your I-485 is the sealed envelope containing the I-693 that the civil surgeon gave you here in the US.

Thank you, thats what I was wondering. The envelope has a sticker on it as well (I pulled it out again a few minutes ago) saying to keep it for AOS, but Ive been through those rules about 100 times and never found anything other than the vaccination supplement as a requirement for him. I just thought it better to check with those more knowledgeable than myself. My head will actually explode if I have issues (RFE/denial) for something small or stupid.

On the plus side, Ive been hoarding money in my account in case they wanted to see a statement again (self employed...) but there is absolutely nothing of the sort and the tax returns and 1099s cover it, with recent pay stubs, so I got to pay off my credit cards today as a result of going through those instructions with a fine tooth comb. Hey, who says AOS has to be bad :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.