acabrera7186

denied visa now trying to appeal

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

See above

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

were you denied?

when a K-1 is denied, I think it depends on the reason, it is sent back to USCIS office that processed the case because the consulate's office does not have the authority to completely deny 100%. they send it back with a recommendation to deny. if the petition doesn't expire in the meantime, the USCIS office will review the petition again and make a decision, they can either approve and send back to the embassy for a second interview, or send you the motion to deny/revoke and you can appeal that. then their either send it for a second interview or send you the official denial. let me see if I can find a post on it. what was the reason for your denial?

Hey guys,

I am now trying to find out how do you go about appealing a Consular Officer's decision after you were denied a visa?

Thanks!!

• rep_up.png

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/511950-section-221g-complete-admin-process-cases-sent-back-to-uscis/

Cannot appeal.

umm yes it can i just dont know how to start this process

ook thanks

were you denied?

when a K-1 is denied, I think it depends on the reason, it is sent back to USCIS office that processed the case because the consulate's office does not have the authority to completely deny 100%. they send it back with a recommendation to deny. if the petition doesn't expire in the meantime, the USCIS office will review the petition again and make a decision, they can either approve and send back to the embassy for a second interview, or send you the motion to deny/revoke and you can appeal that. then their either send it for a second interview or send you the official denial. let me see if I can find a post on it. what was the reason for your denial?

they thought we was family

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

ook thanks

they thought we was family

So they actually told you the reason? Some people I read here were not given a reason for denial.

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

So they actually told you the reason? Some people I read here were not given a reason for denial.

all they said that they didn't believe our relationship was real

Nope.

Also, that link is not applicable to K-1 visas.

Your petition will be left to expire and that'll be the end of it. You can reapply or get married and pursue a spousal visa.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Nope.

Also, that link is not applicable to K-1 visas.

Your petition will be left to expire and that'll be the end of it. You can reapply or get married and pursue a spousal visa.

I sent that link because it is basically the same as what I was told by the lawyer we consulted. He said it is unlikely that it will be reviewed, because they often expire during the long process, but that is the order of events that are supposed to occur.

I sent that link because it is basically the same as what I was told by the lawyer we consulted. He said it is unlikely that it will be reviewed, because they often expire during the long process, but that is the order of events that are supposed to occur.

I-129Fs are left to expire.

I-130s are reviewed and NOIDs are issued, with a chance to rebut.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the time between the initial approval to it's return to the US is more than 4 months the petition is dead ( expired ) and the chances of review are near 0. If it is less than that and it then gets to the review line before it expires it may be reviewed . When was your initial approval ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I-129Fs are left to expire.

I-130s are reviewed and NOIDs are issued, with a chance to rebut.

can you provide any sources? I would like to know this regarding my own circumstances.

can you provide any sources? I would like to know this regarding my own circumstances.

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_uscisresponse_recommendation33_2008-05-23.pdf

Mentions it.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

About 5 years ago , starting with California , the service centers started to declare K1 petitions expired, where Vermont would review them. Over the next 6 months it became standard practice to expire all K1 petitions that are older than 4 months. You get a nice form letter that says it has expired and you are free to refile Read this http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.