imane&islem

How long does NVC take to complete a cse after the delivery of the checklist response?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I am algerian woman married to a US citizen not a green card holder. We submitted our IV application ( we have paid the IV application fees, sent the IV package and the AOS form). We received a checklist letter from NVC on March 27th, 2014 about the some information that were missed or incomplete in the AOS form that my husband's dad filled. So we sent back a new form with the information they required and it was delivered on March 31st, 2014 and we didn't hear anything from them until now!

My question is : How long does it usually take for NVC to review and complete a case ( if everything is OK) after they received our checklist letter?

Same amount of time it takes them to review it initially 20-30 business days.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

we are waiting for their reply on our checklist too, it has been 10 business days already and we only received a email from them saying they are reviewing on their case after they got our supporting documents.... and they said the same thing " 20-30 days" .... dont know when we will receive the next email from them...and they are very rude each time my husband calls to inquiry on my case, it sucks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everybody!

:D well thank God I got my case completed I received an email from NVC on the 22nd of April it seems that they too 20 days to get it completed after they received my checklist response. I am now waiting for the interview to be scheduled at the us embassy in Algiers. I am wondering how long does it usually ake to receive an email about it?! Good luck to everybody May God makes easy to everyone

Timeline

o congratulations! So happy for u u got it completed one day before mine :D so did u receive any email since that time about your interview date?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

u should call them to check about the schedule for interview, my case completed in april 16th but due to they already fixed the schedule for May's interview in vietnam so they schedule my interview in June 19th

• 9 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Year-old thread closed; recent inquiry split from thread and moved to NVC forum as its own topic, with thread title "Is NVC Still on 20-30 Business Days for Response? [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.