12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I have been waiting for my Green Card for 3 and a 1/2 months. AOS stats indicated an average 4-month-wait.

I received a couple of days ago a letter from USCIS in the mail. The letter was about the fact that our case is a interview waiver case (great! we might not need an interview!).

Also the letter mentioned a 6-month-delay:

"Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. Presently we anticipate that delay to be approximately 6 months from the date of this letter".

I was simply curious to know if anybody had also received this letter, and how long was the actual wait.

I am currently looking for a job and therefore need a TWIC card (transportation worker identification credential). I can only apply for this card once I get my green card. Has anybody had this kind of situation? Do you think it is worth calling USCIS to see if they can expedite my case?

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to Family-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry is AOS case-status related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

My friend received that same letter stating the 6-month wait. She doesn't mind the wait as she is already working and her EAD is valid until Dec.

I suggest you update your timeline and look for similar timelines. You might be able to find some information from people in your area who have received interview wavers.

For my case, I have an interview on 9th April. People who have been interviewed from my local office have received their green cards in the mail as early as 6 days after.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

It depends on your local office but interview waiver cases can take 6 months to a year. There isn't a process to expedite. You can submit a service request once your case is out of normal processing time. Also, even though you got the interview waiver letter, you could still end of with an interview. A friend of mine ( her member name on here is Peter_Pan) received the interview waiver letter last year. She has been waiting 14 months and now got a letter saying she will have an interview on April 1.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Timeline

My friend received that same letter stating the 6-month wait. She doesn't mind the wait as she is already working and her EAD is valid until Dec.

I suggest you update your timeline and look for similar timelines. You might be able to find some information from people in your area who have received interview wavers.

For my case, I have an interview on 9th April. People who have been interviewed from my local office have received their green cards in the mail as early as 6 days after.

Hello, I am also from Uganda. I applied for my AOS, EAD and AP. Would love to know how long it took you to get your Green card, EAD and AP? Unfortunately, in Oklahoma I am not allowed to even get my drivers license before I have a green card; life is challenging without being able to drive here.

Timeline

Hello, I am also from Uganda. I applied for my AOS, EAD and AP. Would love to know how long it took you to get your Green card, EAD and AP? Unfortunately, in Oklahoma I am not allowed to even get my drivers license before I have a green card; life is challenging without being able to drive here.

Timeline

Ooops!!! Sorry about the empty post!

I never applied for EAD and AP, my green card interview is 9th April.

Will find out how my friend got her driving license in Oklahoma and get back to you. She already got her EAD and AP though.

Timeline

Ooops!!! Sorry about the empty post!

I never applied for EAD and AP, my green card interview is 9th April.

Will find out how my friend got her driving license in Oklahoma and get back to you. She already got her EAD and AP though.

Okay, thank you for the help. I will be waiting. Could you please inquire how long it took her to get her AP and EAD?

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I have been waiting for my Green Card for 3 and a 1/2 months. AOS stats indicated an average 4-month-wait.

I received a couple of days ago a letter from USCIS in the mail. The letter was about the fact that our case is a interview waiver case (great! we might not need an interview!).

Also the letter mentioned a 6-month-delay:

"Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. Presently we anticipate that delay to be approximately 6 months from the date of this letter".

I was simply curious to know if anybody had also received this letter, and how long was the actual wait.

I am currently looking for a job and therefore need a TWIC card (transportation worker identification credential). I can only apply for this card once I get my green card. Has anybody had this kind of situation? Do you think it is worth calling USCIS to see if they can expedite my case?

Thanks!

Hello Clem,

Did you have any luck with your Green Card? I got a job offer and they are ready to sign the contract with me but they just told me I need a TWIC card to be able to work at the port of LA, and it sucks really bad they only process it with a green card and not the work permit.

I am afraid I might lose this job opportunity :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.