TiffandDai

Year + waiting club

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello out there I started this topic as a way to vent our frustrations out if you, like myself have been waiting over a year for your I-751 to be approved.

I would also encourage those who were approved and waited a year or more to explain what you did if anything to get uscis to move your case along.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

Filed: Timeline

Count me in , may 28th will be a year for me, and it sucks when you read about people who filed later thn you get approved, i just read about someone one from October 08 get approved. What have you guys done about your case? have you called anyone, contacted your senator etc? I called on macrh 29th , i was told someone touched my case on march 25th and that soon i should get some news, well its been almost 2 weeks and i still have no touched since my biometrics back in july08, I guess im gonna have to file my n400 next month, it just sucks to be stuck in thios situation when we already paid for a service that we never got.

''No tomo te, tomo cafe mi amor,yo como arepa y pabellon, con mi zunbao machuco el English when I talk,Im a VENEZUELAN in New York''

(King Chango)

Count me in , may 28th will be a year for me, and it sucks when you read about people who filed later thn you get approved, i just read about someone one from October 08 get approved. What have you guys done about your case? have you called anyone, contacted your senator etc? I called on macrh 29th , i was told someone touched my case on march 25th and that soon i should get some news, well its been almost 2 weeks and i still have no touched since my biometrics back in july08, I guess im gonna have to file my n400 next month, it just sucks to be stuck in thios situation when we already paid for a service that we never got.

Hi:

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting. Have you gotten your U.S. Senator or Representative involved yet? As soon as your

application is past the processing date they indicate, I would try that.

Timeline

Well, we contacted USCIS around the end of January once it had passed a year waiting, they said it would be forwarded internally and we should hear back from Vermont within 45 days. We then got a letter about a week later saying that our case was still pending and we should wait another 60 days. Well 60 days passed and my husband (the GC holder) called USCIS to find out what was going ontter. They said they would forward another request to Vermont to find out what was going on, that was on March 27th.

I tried contacting the idiots at USCIS on 4/2 myself and was told the request he had submitted on March 27th couldnt be expited because it was already in their system and I would have to wait the 45 days.

I sent a request to my Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite on 4/3 to see if she could contact USCIS on our behalf to find out what the heck is going on. We got a letter from her office yesterday saying they had assigned someone to work on our case.

Based on the USCIS website there have been no touches on our case since 3/2008 which I assume is when they received my husbands biometrics. We have not received a request for RFE or Interview since his case was filed.

04/25/09 - RFE received

Timeline

I just checked our mail and we got a letter from USCIS saying that our case is pending and that a decision or other action should be made within 60 days. This is the same letter we got the beginning of Febuary!!!!!!!!!

:protest::ranting::help::angry::blink:

Edited by TiffandDai

04/25/09 - RFE received

It'S nice that there is a thread like this thanks to the OP, at least we can share our frustrations of waiting right guys?

VSC is really a 'very slow center' indeed.I'm in CSC which is a little faster but waiting for for my approval is holding us our plan to travel outside US. :wacko::crying:

Hopefully guys you will hear goodnews soon, I mean all of us and I really hope there won't be RFE coz it's gonna add more time on waiting.... :cry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman? If you go to their website, it looks like you qualify to get them involved. There is a form to complete called a Case Problem Submission Worksheet DHS-7001.

Good luck. I'm nine months into this myself and am agitated beyond belief by this process.

Jo-Anne

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, that really sucks you guys. You should definitely CALL your congressman instead of mailing them, they might be able to do something. Makes me feel bad about bitching about waiting more than others at CSC (took over 4 months for me).

Filing for N-400 now

Timeline

Update: We have been assigned a Consitituent Service Representative that with our local congresswoman. She sent an email to USCIS on our behalf and their response was 'The case is currently with an adjudicating officer and pending at this time (as of 4/8/09) and you are welcome to periodically check for status.'

I explained to her we were well out of the processing times and we received a letter in Febuary stating our case would be resolved within 60 days, then another letter (after we hadn't heard anything within 60 days) this past week stating the exact same thing word for word what the first letter said.

If we don't hear anything in the next few weeks I may contact the Ombudsman. Has anyone had any experience with that service?

04/25/09 - RFE received

See below post and the reply by MoroccanInTexas:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...90330&st=15

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Timeline

I called the 1800 line on the 27th

of March, and they transfered me to an IO who told me the same thing as you. According to the IO my case was assigned to an adjudicating officer 2 days before i called, exacty on March 25th, now my question is #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! takes then so long???????????? and yours has ben with an AO since the 8??????????

''No tomo te, tomo cafe mi amor,yo como arepa y pabellon, con mi zunbao machuco el English when I talk,Im a VENEZUELAN in New York''

(King Chango)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am actually angry FOR you guys. It's ridiculous. Somehow you have fallen through the cracks and it is absolutely unacceptable that you've been waiting since January 08! Really pulling for you and hope it gets resolved very soon!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Timeline

Thanks for being angry for me... I wish our anger would get things moving faster but it doesn't :(

My husband is going to England/Wales in about 2 months to visit his family and see Blur, I just want it to be sorted by then so it isn't hanging over his head. I am also concerned because I won't be going with him and I am afraid something will happen and he may get held up or something on his way back in to the US.

04/25/09 - RFE received

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks for being angry for me... I wish our anger would get things moving faster but it doesn't :(

My husband is going to England/Wales in about 2 months to visit his family and see Blur, I just want it to be sorted by then so it isn't hanging over his head. I am also concerned because I won't be going with him and I am afraid something will happen and he may get held up or something on his way back in to the US.

I feel your pain, i am being waiting since 02/08 and now they asked me to take my fingerprints because they made a code mistake in the first one, so and still waiting. Did you see the post about ombdusman forms, try that to see what happen, if i do not received anything in a month i will try that myself.

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just curious (haven't sent our I-751 packet just yet, but we're close) - will waiting more than a year for the 10 year card delay the citizenship process?? I think I read somewhere that you're allowed to apply even if you haven't been approved for the I-751, but does that mean the N-400 process will still be delayed?

Also, just curious - has anyone ever still been waiting for I-751 decision when the N-400 decision has been made? I might not be using the correct terms - sorry. I hope someone understands what I'm asking.

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.