Leney

How Did You Meet Your USC/UKC?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Let 'er rip! The other threads got me thinking, how did you meet the man/woman of your dreams (or the pain in your #######, whatever fits!)

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I met my most wonderful love at a business conference in Chicago nearly 3 years ago. Here I thought I was getting a one night break from my life as a single mom of 3 kids. Not only did I get that, but I also met the love of my life. I still can't believe how lucky I am! :luv:

So, what's your story, Leney?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Playing online trivia nearly 6 years ago! And let me just say I would normally whoop his ####### in the trivia games!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Timeline

It's a very long and boring tale but in a nutshell - I met my husband through my job - I am from the US, work for a software company in Germany, and support our British, Australian, Canadian, and US customer base. I was in the UK after foolishly getting married, I lost 150lbs and the marriage failed, I met my husband as he was a volunteer for our company, and we became best friends, and started dating (first date he took me to the Braehead Mall and he wanted to sit and watch large women fall while taking ice skating lessons, yeah he's sadistic lol), moved in together eventually, and had a son, together, then got married :P So we're a little bass ackwards, but we're all together and happy bunnies now! We each had a son before we met, so we're like the international Brady Bunch of sorts. :P

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
It's a very long and boring tale but in a nutshell - I met my husband through my job - I am from the US, work for a software company in Germany, and support our British, Australian, Canadian, and US customer base. I was in the UK after foolishly getting married, I lost 150lbs and the marriage failed, I met my husband as he was a volunteer for our company, and we became best friends, and started dating (first date he took me to the Braehead Mall and he wanted to sit and watch large women fall while taking ice skating lessons, yeah he's sadistic lol), moved in together eventually, and had a son, together, then got married :P So we're a little bass ackwards, but we're all together and happy bunnies now! We each had a son before we met, so we're like the international Brady Bunch of sorts. :P

I met mine in November 2005...

I had just gotten out of a 4 year relationship that probably should have ended looooong before it did... So I decided to quit my job of 5 years and go to America for a month to visit my Dad to clear my head... Bit of a spur of the moment decision, but I am SO GLAD that I did it!! (My Dad had emigrated there 5 years prior with my American Step Mum who had decided she would quite like to go back to the American life after spending 30 years in England!)

Anyway, I arrived there on November 3rd and went out on a girlie night out with my Step Mum and a few of our mutual friends on the 5th. We went into this bar and proceeded to drink lots... Halfway though the night I got chatting to this rather handsome guy who was sitting on a stool at the bar... This sounds like a clique... But we clicked instantly. We chatted all night long.. He had arrived back in Maryland the same day that I landed in America after spending the summer in Texas with his sister! We shared the most AMAZING kiss at the end of the night and he asked for my phone number, he called me the next afternoon and we went from there! I extended my stay for another 2 months and we were pretty damn near inseperable for that whole time. And apart from the 3000 odd mile difference, we have ever since :D The longest we have spent apart is this stretch now :( It's driving both of us crazy, but it's so gonna be worth it in the end :D :D

When I think about that first 3 months I get this HUGE cheesy grin on my face :lol:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I wanted to broaden my horizons and meet penpals from various countries so I was browsing profiles on penpalsnow.com. I usually only emailed the listings that were posted recently since I found that many emails were undeliverable after a while. One day, though, I was browsing older postings in England and came across a post by a man that sounded really interesting.

So, I emailed him. He emailed back the next day. I emailed back a couple of days later. He emailed me back right away and proceeded to sweep me right off my feet. I didn't take him seriously at first but then realized he was serious! :unsure: Within a few days we were chatting online and unbelievably were falling head over heels. I was very skeptical until I could actually meet him...I never dreamed a fairy tale like that could ever come true and online besides!

We began emailing in October 2002, met in April 2003 for the first time and stayed for a week at the very romantic Lazy Cloud Inn at Lake Geneva WI (***highly recommended***). That meeting confirmed what we felt online and the rest is history. We have been married nearly three years and I still get so excited when I see him or am with him that it still feels like it did when we were first together (without the nervous bit of course :blush: ).

Oh, and the other penpals didn't last long. :lol: We have also gone back to Lazy Cloud since that first meeting, and stayed in the same room. It felt so much different there this time...still as romantic but without the tension of parting when we left. We hope to go back as much as we can. (L)

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I had just graduated from college and decided to go to Australia and Fiji for three weeks. 2 days before I was to fly home, I met Rich. He was also travelling in Australia and had been there for almost a year and was working at a hostel I stayed at in Cairns. We really only had one night together, most of which took place at a bar called "The Woolshed." I had a huge crush on him but realized that I would probably never see him again. He took me to the airport after an amazing night together and that was that.

For the next two years, we kept in touch with an occasional email and phone call, all the while being in serious relationships with others. He randomly decided to come visit me last February and we immediately became attached over the 7 days we had together. He returned to England after asking me to consider going there for an extended amount of time, which I was scared to do but ended up doing just that.

He'll be here in 5 days and we are getting married on October 4th, his parents and grandparents anniversary! Who would've thought?

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My wife was researching a project for the local police department and found we were running a similar experiment in the UK. She e-mailed for details of our experiences and fate intervened.

That is the official story she puts out, I tell people I got a spam e-mail from a desperate US female in need of a husband and I felt sorry for her.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

We met on Yahoo Chat in an Irish room. He PMED me and i sat here trying to decide if i should answer him back lol Glad i did :yes:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

I lost 150lbs and the marriage failed.

Your marriage failed because you lost 150lbs?!?

Like a proper Brit, I met my wife down the pub. :D

This was in Santa Barbara, CA BTW, not in the UK. I already lived in the USA at that point because I moved here for work after getting my PhD.

I met Jen in Yahoo Chat. She was a newbie just came in the room. We got talking and never looked back. We used to speak all the time and then in the end we met last year I spent 6 weeks in Kentucky. We got engaged christmas day. I put the ring in a box of pasta from Krogers. Jen hates pasta. The first present she opened was for me and her face was omg. I did it to wind her up. Then she opened the pasta box you should of seen her face. Her sister had to tell her to open the pasta box. I went back home to Kentucky (I call it home now) last month and got back a few weeks ago and it felt like id never been away.

Timeline
I lost 150lbs and the marriage failed.

Your marriage failed because you lost 150lbs?!?

Like a proper Brit, I met my wife down the pub. :D

This was in Santa Barbara, CA BTW, not in the UK. I already lived in the USA at that point because I moved here for work after getting my PhD.

In part, the more I lost, the better I looked, the more confident and independent I became, ex felt bad about himself, he went psycho, his mum went psycho, they became controlling and scary...but yeah :P whew for getting outta that! He's happy now though, he's with a new girl who is over 300lbs - I think that's his "thing" lol To each his own :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.