summertime23

I-129f August 2016 Filers

2,153 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

rank - I'm pretty sure all I-129's go to Cali now :) (from my reading on here)...

​Good luck to us all! .... Speedy approvals and no RFE's! haha

K1 Visa:
Spoiler

07/31/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

08/02/16....NOA1

09/12/16....NOA2 - 39 Days from NO1

09/24/16....Arrived to NVC / NVC Case # assigned

10/06/16....Packet 3 from Consulate (Email)

10/25/16....Medical Appointment

11/29/16....Visa Interview - (117 days from NOA1) APPROVED

12/02/16....Visa Issued

12/05/16....Visa Delivered

12/06/16....LAX POE (126 days from NOA1)

12/15/16 .... ** Married **

AOS:

Spoiler

01/07/17....  I-485 / I-131 / I-765 AOS Pack mailed to Chicago

01/20/17.... NOA1 (Hard copy received 01/26/2017)

02/13/17.... Biometrics Completed 

03/30/17.... Request for EAD Expedite 

04/12/17.... EAD Case Status changed to "Card in Production" 

04/18/17.... NOA2 (hardcopy) received for EAD and AP

04/24/17.... EAD & AP combo card in hand (94 days from NOA1)

09/25/17.... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!  (248 days from NOA1)

09/30/17.... Greencard in Hand. Woohoo :D

N-400 with Expedite under Section 319(b):

Spoiler

06/26/18....  Submit N-400 Case online, requesting 319(b) Expedite for overseas military orders. 

09/01/18....  Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

09/18/18....  Attended Biometrics

10/11/18....  N-400 interview (Scheduled at original Field Office in CA - we were now in VA waiting to transfer)

10/18/18....  Attended INFOPASS appt to explain my situation and have my case transferred to VA. The Military Liaison Officer in VA was fantastic to work with and had my file transferred with expedite. 

11/07/18....  N-400 Interview Scheduled (technology issue on the day forced us to reschedule appt)

11/09/18....  N-400 Interview - Take 2 - APPROVED!

11/09/18....  Oath Ceremony - *I am now a citizen!*

--- 136days, or 4 months and 14 days from application to Oath --- 

I mailed on August 3, 2016. Waiting for NOA1.. Good luck to us! :)

I see your processing through the Philippines. I have a website that will walk you through step by step on the Philippines process. It's free to use. I list the steps, documents and other pertinent information so that you avoid the "gotchas" that are presented while processing. Gotchas can cost you time and or money. I help you avoid those.

This is the link: http://tinyurl.com/ob9xoa8

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Our application package was delivered in Texas last week, but no notifications yet and the check has not yet been cashed

How long did it take for those of you who have had your packets delivered to having your check cashed and receiving your notification?

August 3rd: I-129F Petition sent from the United Kingdom to the Dallas Lockbox.

August 16th: NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

September 27th: NOA2 on USCIS Website and App

xx/xx/xx: NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx: NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx: Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx: Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

xx/xx/xx: Medical

xx/xx/xx: Interview

xx/xx/xx: POE at airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

rank - I'm pretty sure all I-129's go to Cali now :) (from my reading on here)...

​Good luck to us all! .... Speedy approvals and no RFE's! haha

Oh, really? It seems like it's averaging to around 70 days in California.

Good luck! Yes! I CANNOT WAIT! :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mailed the I-129F to Texas on Friday, Aug. 5. I asked for Signature Confirmation, which may have delayed delivery.

It was "delivered" - picked up at the Dallas Post Office - on the night of Wednesday, Aug. 10.

So the first business day that it reached the USCIS office was Aug. 11. That was 5 calendar days - but only 3 business days - ago. Hoping to receive NOA1 email today (though already 3:30PM in Texas) or tomorrow.

Twenty years ago, I adopted a baby girl from a Chinese orphanage. It took a year from the first filing through an American adoption agency until the moment my daughter was placed in my arms in China. At that time, hopeful adoptive parents of Chinese babies were completely in the dark about what was going on with the paper chase process. All we could do was wait and wait and wait - and hope. The Internet was still fairly young then and there was no group like this for sharing information and giving mutual support - so I started one. It grew from 200 to over 20,000 readers in 40 countries, with tens of thousands more in spin-off groups.

Waiting is hard. Waiting in the dark is worse. Thanks to VisaJourney and all its readers for shining a ray of light.

Timeline

Check deposited yesterday. No email notification as yet. I put the G-1145 with my email address on top of the pile so I hope to receive the NOA1 soon.

I also put my cell phone number on the form, but I gather it's not common for them to text to a cell phone rather than send an email?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, packet mailed to Dallas via USPS Priority w/ signature confirmation August 5. Packet was picked up the evening of August 10 and signed for. I probably should have used the Lewisville site because of the signature confirmation, it would have saved me 2 days.

NOA 1 received August 16, got the email and text.

I mailed our packet by priority and i saw on the receipt it reached Texas on August 8th. So it's been 10 days. Check hasn't been deposited and no email or text and I did include the form to get that info. So NOA1.

Should I start to worry because it appears it was far less time for many others to get one

Timeline

My time frame was exactly the same as the post yesterday from Phoenix, almost as if our files were side by side :)

Mailed 8/5

Picked up at the Dallas PO on the night of 8/10

Check deposited 8/15 (weekend in between)

NOA email 8/16 around 530PM Texas time

Well I got my package back in the mail today :(

Was totally my fault, so I fixed it and mailed it back in immediately. But now i'm worried, it came with one green slip that basically said return this letter and place it on top of your package. So i did that. But there was another form that included what was missing that I kept because it didn't say on that paper to include it. But maybe they meant to include that one because the green paper really gave no info.

Now i'm concerned again. Ugh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.