1,055 posts in this topic

@mariposa2 Trust & believe there's no error in my timeline. It took me a whole week to put it together because I know the hope it can give to someone like many others have given me hope.

My I 360 was approved on Mon. 2.1.16 @ 1:30pm when I received the notification on my phone.

I left from NY JFK airport, it was a smooth trip. I did share my experience when I got back on Dec. 5.2016.

My attorney at the time says it was say leaving from northern was easier as the IO are more understanding. You can find my post from last year Dec. I travelled to the Caribbean

@Bababe83, thanks for your reply I said there is an error because in your post says that you sent your application i360 in 7.6.16 and it was approved in 2.1.16. So I am guessing it was in 2015 when you sent your application and the error is in the year.

About the AP, I entered with Visa K1 I am from the Caribbean also, I will read your post!

Thanks again

Hi, im new to the group i have been a silent reader for qiute a while now, im also a vawa filer, need help i see alot of filers her sent im a medical with their aos file my lawyer advised that we bring it on interview instead, its been 7 months since my approval and still no word from uscis my lawyer recieved a letter on 9/22/16 on a orange colored paper stating that i should not mail in medical at this time bring it in if interview is required or if no interview is required they will request for it to be mailed in , my lawyer is saying this means interview letter is coming soon in a couple of weeks to a months, What does this mean im feeling so stressed and hopeless, and begining to think that he doesnt know what he is doing, when i go to his office asking to view my file he refuses to show it to me, his office is my safe address i get everything through him feeling stuck, hopeless amd lost. I contacted uscis but they wont give me any info man said my lawyer have to call given the severity of the case HELP!! Any advise

Vawa filed 11/24/15 with i485 and i765

Bio 12/28/15

Ead recieved approved 2/08/16

Filed for i131 2/18/16 because lawyer forgot to apply together

Rfe recieved 4/8/16 for i131

Vawa approved 5/1/16

Case transferred 5/6

Rfe recived by uscis 7/22/16

I131 approved 8/3/16

I131 document produced 8/15/16 ( lawyer said he still havent recieved notice or document)

9/22/16 notice recieved from uscis for about i693

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi, Sandra. I need your suggestions. I filed I-360 in November and got REF asking for evidence that shows I married the abuser in good faith.

I have already submitted the following evidence about marriage in good faith:

Marriage certificate
3 pictures of me and my husband (he has all the pictures )
joint bank account, joint insurance
we shared the same address
List him as emergency contact
Witness statements show that we are a couple.
Obviously USCIS needs more evidence. It is very hard to get evidence because we have separated. The additional evidence I may have is I reserved wedding photo taking in my home country ( We didn't get to take the photos because of the abuse). More affidavits from friends. Texts messages between me and my husband. What else can I use as evidence?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello Sandra, and everyone who had the same problem, I have very very important question. In my passport I have "2 years objection rule!" for J1. Attorney says that it can be a big big problem, because I didnt go back home. She advised me to call to Poland embassy to fix this. But I have read that to get "no objection letter" is very very hard and it takes months. And if Department of state denies - I have to go home 100%. Did anybody faced with this issue? Please help me with any advice. My journey almost done, but this "objection rule" doesnt let it to be happen.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

A person with the 2-year rule needs a "waiver", we had here a few people that applied for the waiver to waive the two-year rule and they were approved,but if you received U.S. government funding you won't be able to have the waiver approved, but if you received funding from your home government or an international organization then you can file the waiver.

You need to get from your Home Government a No Objection Letter stating that it has no objection to you not returning to your home country to comply with the two-year requirement and it has no objection to the possibility of you becoming a U.S. lawful permanent resident. You should contact your Embassy in Washington to request the letter. If you are foreign doctor then you qualify for a different waiver Requested by a State Department of Health,but I believe the waiver for the program called CONRAD State 30 program, for doctors, expired a few days ago.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student/residency-waiver.html

A non-objection letter must be sent from your Embassy to the DOS.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Godblessme pictures do not show a bonafide marriage, show that you were with the person that is it. Did he file the tax return and put you as his dependent?if yes , then get in the IRS site a copy of the transcript.

You should explain why you don't have the documents such as lease agreement, utility bill in name of both, health/life insurance, credit cards etc..

You should write again your affidavit telling in details the Courtship ,because USCIS wants to see the reason that you entered into marriage and USCIS can see this reading your affidavit with the details of the Courtship, how started the relationship, what did you use to do with him (dinner out?movies?trips?) when he met your family, when you met his family, when you met his friends, when you told him "I love you" , how was the proposal? did you tell your family right away about the engagement? how did the react?, explain the wedding plans, who attended the ceremony etc...

Timeline

A person with the 2-year rule needs a "waiver", we had here a few people that applied for the waiver to waive the two-year rule and they were approved,but if you received U.S. government funding you won't be able to have the waiver approved, but if you received funding from your home government or an international organization then you can file the waiver.

You need to get from your Home Government a No Objection Letter stating that it has no objection to you not returning to your home country to comply with the two-year requirement and it has no objection to the possibility of you becoming a U.S. lawful permanent resident. You should contact your Embassy in Washington to request the letter. If you are foreign doctor then you qualify for a different waiver Requested by a State Department of Health,but I believe the waiver for the program called CONRAD State 30 program, for doctors, expired a few days ago.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student/residency-waiver.html

A non-objection letter must be sent from your Embassy to the DOS.

thank you for your answer. Is it important that I have changed my status for B2 before, after that I was 1 year immigrant, before I got married? I dont know why nobody paid attention for this before(((

Timeline

I didn't understand what you said

" I was 1 year immigrant...", did you have a gren card before? B2 is a non immigrant visa,you didn't need a waiver for a non immigrant visa,you need a waiver for an immigrant visa.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

I didn't understand what you said

" I was 1 year immigrant...", did you have a gren card before? B2 is a non immigrant visa.

I had one year J1 and after B2 for 6 months and thats it.., and after I stayed with no status one year.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Anyone can help me?

I start my process vawa in jul 2015 and I get my I 360 approved on may 2016 I did medical exames on august 2016 do you know how long they gonna call me for the interview?

Hi . Does anyone know how long it takes for USCIS to make a decision after the evidence for the RFE was received? I got a notice that they received it yesterday and want to know what to expect.

Also, the deadline to submit the evidence was Dec 6th. My attorney for some reason played it very very close and we have the delivery notification (and proof) from the mail that they delivered on that exact date Dec. 6th. However, I got a notification via email from USCIS that they received yesterday. Will this mean they will reject the case? The package was delivered on the deadline to their mail room but it took them a week to say they received it!

Can anyone help?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.