CharlieTanger

January 2015 - TSC Filers

708 posts in this topic

Hello to all my fellow January 2015 TSC Filers!

We brought in the new year running with such an exciting adventure before us! I felt like a thread was nessecary for us. Yes, the wait is annoying, but just know by year's end we will be cuddling with the one we love most! :)

Here, we can discuss all of our stories, problems, news, excitement, and other things that we might want to talk about on our journey.

So far we have a month down! We should do like a monthly check-in or something to keep our energy up! Let's make some friends! Let's keep the faith and positivity going!

Oh good. A place were we disgruntled TSC filers can go to avoid the frustrations of watching the CSC approval rate. :c

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Oh good. A place were we disgruntled TSC filers can go to avoid the frustrations of watching the CSC approval rate. :c

Exactly! Haha we'll be ok though! We're in this all together (without CSC'ers haha).

Exactly! Haha we'll be ok though! We're in this all together (without CSC'ers haha).

Yea it's not a big deal for me as mine is in Canada and will come to visit. Canada to US is pretty relaxed. I feel for people overseas who have to get travelers visas or jump through hoops to visit during the process.

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Yea it's not a big deal for me as mine is in Canada and will come to visit. Canada to US is pretty relaxed. I feel for people overseas who have to get travelers visas or jump through hoops to visit during the process.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to have our fiancé here or our weddings by the end of October into November.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to have our fiancé here or our weddings by the end of October into November.

Yea that would be nice. I was figuring it would take until December with the new DACA stuff. Though a lot of that is on hold since some federal judges are making a show of it. I'm curious how it will affect K1's since they are practically the red headed step child of petitions for USCIS.

I was so thankful that that judge put DACA on hold. I'm hoping it eventually gets trashed! I pray that with the holidays past us now that they regain some speed!

I would think by November our fiancé should almost definitely be here.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I'm a January filer as well and thank you for this post... I have a question though, I've been reading a lot of posts from different members and they keep saying Filipinos get expidited? What I see is that CSC works faster than TSC? I'm new to this and so confused on what's going on here hope out guys can help me.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I'm a January filer as well and thank you for this post... I have a question though, I've been reading a lot of posts from different members and they keep saying Filipinos get expidited? What I see is that CSC works faster than TSC? I'm new to this and so confused on what's going on here hope out guys can help me.

Thanks

It is quite possible the you will be expedited. Phillipino's beneficiaries are being processed faster. Much like CSC fast! Edited by HislittleSecret

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think I'll be expidited. I thought to be expidited you need to write a request? But why some get expidited? For what reason?

Yes that is true! However, for phillipino filers it's an automatic expedite. It usually takes between 2-3 months. They are doing it because of the typhoon that hit there is 2013. Just keep positive and you will see! I've seen the approvals for TSC Phil filers. Just look around at Phil TSC filers and you will see the trend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking this forum for MONTHs. I was thrilled to see a Jan 2015 filers forum but truthfully I was more excited to see that there is a Jan 2015 TSC forum. I barely squeaked into the Jan forum by receiving my NOA 1 on Jan 30th.

This website has basically become my nightly ritual. With my fiancé 7 hours ahead, he says goodnight around 6pm, leaving me with thoughts of our future floating around my head. When I'm looking for inspiration, I cruise the June/July 2014 forums imagining my reaction to the happy NOA 2 day...what would I actually type to share the news? Would I squeal with joy?

When I'm looking for sympathy, any TSC specific forum will do. It's amazing to find others who can understand the mixed emotions of finally finding the love of your life yet waiting pointless months without the true ability to plan ahead. I long alongside those longing for their SO and pray for those expecting kiddos without the emotional support of their partner.

I've signed the petitions circling around the forum, patiently explained over and over again to as many friends/co-workers/well wishers that I have NO freakin' idea when I'm getting married and how different it would be if I lived in Cali, and have saved form letters to send to my Senator when I'm approaching the 5 month mark.

I've read the Nigerian Consulate specific forums, downloaded copies of the forms he'll need, and tend to get a little feisty when he doesn't email me often enough to add to our documentation.

Did I mention I'm a planner?! What do I do when I'm stressed or emotional? I plan! Unfortunately, its not enough to keep me both realistic as well as distracted. I'm looking for ideas. What are you doing to pass the months?

I have already had to place limits on the time I spend on here- I'd be lost without this site, but I have a tendency to feel flat most nights after coming across happy CSC fliers and the reality of the (needlessly) long drawn out process hits home.

We have also provided our story for submission to the NY Times article and my USC fiance has written a letter to a few senators...just posted, so will advise if any acknowlegement/action.

Hopefully enough of us responsed to the petitions etc so we get traction. It was great reading everyone's story and hopefully the momentum continues with future fliers.

....and like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...lol

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys... I like hearing your stories, yes we definitely need to sign for whatever petition there.may be to help each other reach our main goal. To be with our beloved partner(s) in life.

I, myself consistently checking this site and USCIS site to see any new updates with my status and every time I see that nothing changed it disappoints me and makes me want to do something... Its really unfair to see CSC got faster approval than people in TSC. I believe everyone of us deserves happiness and mostly to be treated fairly... More people stuck at TSC for.months now. But some said that this happened with CSC before. Let's keep each other posted with their visa update shall we?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.