Jack88

Question on I-485, I-130, I-765 Simultaneous filing status

9 posts in this topic

So I hope everybody in the visa journey community is doing all right and that all your journeys are heading to a successful outcome.

So I have posted a few entries in regard to my case for the last couple of months and this post is in relation to some updates I've gotten with respect to my case a few days ago.

This is a little summary of how my journey has gone so far.

I came to the US from Venezuela on a F-1 student visa still valid until 2017. I'm on the OPT phase of that visa for I concluded my degree, the OPT phase is heading to its expiration date, but like I said above 2 months ago I file for readjustment of status stemming from my marriage to a US citizen to which I've been married for 9 months now.

My cases were successfully received by the USCIS and they sent me notices of action for all my applications in a timely fashion.

A little less than a month ago I had my biometrics appointment which I concluded successfully, a little less than 10 days ago my I-485 application was updated on my USCIS case status to "The case is ready to be schedule for an interview" the update states that they will schedule an interview and send me a notice in that regard.

Now the thing is that neither the I-130 or the I-765 cases have been updated beyond the "Your case was received" phase and obviously the delivery of my notices of action which like I said I said I received.

So in light of this here's my questions:

1. Why hasn't the I-765 case experience any progress at all besides what I indicated above I mean if they're already "scheduling" my interview for the I-485 readjustment of status case you would think they would be at least in the "production of card" phase for the EAD, what's your take on this?

2. Are there cases in which they actually bypass the EAD phase of the process and jump straight to the I-485 interview, and if so how come the petition for alien relative case I-130 has not advance along with the I-485 aren't they supposed to go together?

Anyhow, those are my doubts at the moment, see the thing is that is a nuance if my current EAD expires before I get a new one for I wouldn't be able to use it for an ID and for employment purposes as well, so you can imagine is a pain if it does come to that point.

Kind Regards

Jack.

You should consider yourself lucky for speedy interview stage. By the way, all forms are separately processed by different USCIS offices so time frames are not same. Someone receive EAD production same day with their interview date so it is not rare. By the way I-130 will never changed until your interview is taken place. Good luck

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Jack - I have the same status as you. A week after my biometrics, my 485 status changed to "The case is ready to be schedule for an interview" but my 765 and 131 status is still "Case was received". I did quite a bit of searching on this and from what I have gathered, it can still take 2-4 months for the 485 interview to be scheduled, depending on the back log of the field office where you'll be interviewed. In the mean time, we may get our 765 and 131 earlier.

Hi Gaia thanks for your answer,

Well, I did not apply for a travel document (I-131) so that's beyond my field of knowledge, however it is unusual that the I-765 case has not experienced any type of progress in both of our cases, I do understand though the fact that although I sent everything to the same center (Chicago) it appears that different offices process various types of applications is not just one office for everything, so like Nancy said the processing times might differ.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yes, different offices process the different forms. EAD+AP are usually approved together and you get a common card for it. EAD approval typically takes 60-90 days and you filed 2 months ago, so I wouldn't sweat it yet. You should hear soon I guess. From what I know, it'll directly change to "Card in production" status if all your paperwork is fine and there's no RFE.

It's been around 50 days since I filed so I know there's still time for my application to get a result.

Good luck!

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The wait for the interview process can be quite lengthy. I received my I-485 "ready for interview" back at the end of October, and just received my interview date today, 3 months later. You can always call the USCIS & ask for info about your I-765, they may be able to look into it further

Well, is unsettling what is happening with my I-765 application for as you know money does not grow on trees and all that lengthy wait you guys are mentioning without a job could be nerve wreaking, anyhow since they officially received my I-765 application 55 days have passed, so in light of the usual waiting times I'm still 'ok' but I was hoping for 60 rather than a 90 days waiting.

I was hoping also for a 'quick' process like some people have been lucky enough to go through even bypassing the I-765 phase including some members of our community but I have my doubts that's going to be the case.

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The wait for the interview process can be quite lengthy. I received my I-485 "ready for interview" back at the end of October, and just received my interview date today, 3 months later. You can always call the USCIS & ask for info about your I-765, they may be able to look into it further

So Athonur, when is your interview date?

You mentioned receiving interview date 3 months after 'ready for interview' but will it be another lengthy wait until the actual date of the interview?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So Athonur, when is your interview date?

You mentioned receiving interview date 3 months after 'ready for interview' but will it be another lengthy wait until the actual date of the interview?

March 12th! I'll take the month, now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.